Domain Name

Flow

I need to buy a domain name for a website I am developing but not sure how or even where to buy the name - any pointers?

Thanks

Your question makes it hard to imagine that you will have any success developing a website.

You don't 'Buy' a domain name as such. You lease it out (as a Registrant) for a specific duration from a hosting company (the Registrar).

There are many of these hosting companies on the web.

I need to buy a domain name for a website I am developing but not sure how or even where to buy the name - any pointers?

Thanks

Your question makes it hard to imagine that you will have any success developing a website.

Ummmm... it can't be that difficult to develop a family website or can it? :o

Anyways,

To all: thanks for the replies!

Thanks

Ummmm... it can't be that difficult to develop a family website or can it? :o

Anyways,

To all: thanks for the replies!

If by "family website" u just want to post some pictures, u could use yahoo photos, or a free website from geocities, (owned by yahoo). Buying the domain name would IMHO be one of the simplest things of all. Not all domains are equal. It depends who hosts the domain. It might be hosted on a UNIX server or a WINDOWS server or ? Try finding a host with Linux and Cpanel, if you get cpanel with fantastico installed u get bunch of web templates that are very easy to install.