Honda Wave 125 Ignition Switch?

ricklev

I just noticed that my 10 year old Wave's ignition switch is acting weird. I have to jiggle it to get it to move to the right and turn on and the key can easily be pulled out in any position.

I guess it needs a new switch or can it be fixed?

What's the approximate cost of a new ignition switch with matching seat lock? I guess I could just hook up a piece of string to catch it if it falls out while I'm driving it. smile.png

You could also try to go to a locksmith somewhere at the road and let him have a look at it. Another key might be an easy solution.

And put some oil inside the lock, please.

The key's already loose in the cylinder, adding oil's not gonna do anything but make matters worse

Edited by Rob13

You could also try to go to a locksmith somewhere at the road and let him have a look at it. Another key might be an easy solution.

And put some oil inside the lock, please.

The key's already loose in the cylinder, adding oil's not gonna do anything but make matters worse

These guys have bigger keys that will stay inside the lock. Just in case if he can't get a new lock/switch. ( 2 parts.)

The part that's fragged up is the lock, not the switch. If you can get the lock only is okay.

P.S. Sorry, considering the age of your bike, you'll only get the lock with the switch. Not a big deal and not expensive. The locksmith thing's really working as well.

Of course only if you find the right guy. Is it the same as in the image?

post-158336-0-29109100-1461501303_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

Some local wideboys tried stealing my old wave. They cracked the lock but couldn't break the steering lock.

I was surprised how cheap a new lock was, it wasn't a Honda lock, but it was around 500B all-in, including the local somchai borrowing a sidecar and taking the bike back to his place.

Edited by recom273

Thanks for the useful information!

I live in central Bangkok on Rajadamri and don't know where there is a locksmith other than a key copier, but I'll stop by a shop house repair place and let them work their magic.

Edited by ricklev

Thanks for the useful information!

I live in central Bangkok on Rajadamri and don't know where there is a locksmith other than a key copier, but I'll stop by a shop house repair place and let them work their magic.

These guys usually only have a look at your ignition lock and ,makes the right key for it if you've lost your keys.

What I meant was one of these key guys can take a bigger blank key and prepare it for your lock. Works well here in Sisaket.

These guys usually only have a look at your ignition lock and ,makes the right key for it if you've lost your keys.

What I meant was one of these key guys can take a bigger blank key and prepare it for your lock. Works well here in Sisaket.

Yes but he,s in Bangkok so how can a key in Sisaket be any good to him............cheesy.gif

The key copier guy can prolly steer you to a lock smith.

Mocy taxi guys know too.

Shop house guys too.

Should be able to get matching cylinders replaced cheap enough.

Luxurious.

good luck\\ let us know\\ pics

Yes but he,s in Bangkok so how can a key in Sisaket be any good to him............cheesy.gif

DELETED Those guys are all over the country.

Edited by seedy
flaming