The best and worst of the new Purple Line Station areas...

KhonKaenKowboy

for everything ranging from crime, traffic, parking, bars, shopping, universities, etc.. (and if you think "etc." is a reference to prostitution, suggestions are welcome; preaching is not). Also, any ideas of where the best value for condominium investment might be. Thanks, KKK.

Very strange and obvious provoking way to state your initials.

Sorry if I insulted you and your "partner." Lighten up.

My partner is very white but I fail to see what's that got to do with it.

It has nothing to do with lighten up, it's intentional provoking and I just fail to see the humour of it Mr Kowboy.

When the line opens then go to the very end of the line and find out what is going on there.

It is somewhat off the normal beaten path so there may be some better prices on rentals ( but the land will not be cheap ) while you would be surprised what is already out there and available to make your living experience in and around the area all the more enjoyable.

I moved out to the near edge of Samut Prakan while at first I was thinking this is going to be difficult out here and so far away...but...everything I need is also found in this area just as easily or near easily as in any other area of Bangkok.

So check it out and make the move.

Cheers

Where is the end of the line ?

Last station (with a massive Park and Ride under the depot) is here 13.894869, 100.407976

One stop to Central Westgate here 13.894869, 100.407976

Purple Line opening scheduled for 12th August 2016 (Tao Poon - Bang Sue connection early 2017).

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah ^^^, the cabinet decision could jeopardise the opening date of the missing link, it's all down to who will operate the trains over that short section which has no revenue collecting stations.

How long before the 1-2km extension will connect the Purple line to Bang Sue ?

would it be better to buy out at the end of the Sukhumvit line ?

The purple line to Silom would take a long time.....

Has anyone said how the buses will work on that last 1-2km until its done ?

and how bad is traffic on the road the buses will be using ?

So after the purple line is allready doing testruns they start planning how to connect it to the bts. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifgigglem.gif

actually, I think they are talking about how to connect it to the rest of the MRT.

They are talking about who will OPERATE the missing link, construction of the civil work is complete and systems are being installed. That should be complete early next year.

BUT, without an operator there will be no trains.