Sliced Bread

Hel123

Factory bread sold in plastic bags in the likes of 7/11 is not real bread, and it does seem to be sweeter than, and nowhere near as good as, the UK version. Not quite as sweet as US sliced bread though which tastes like brioche to me.

For real bread I would suggest BigC on Klang where they bake several times daily under the control of a proper French baker. Their bread (and they do many sorts, including sourdough) tastes very much as it would in France. They have a slicing machine and will slice free to order.

The French rustic baguette at 39B is particularly nice, if you like a crusty loaf.

Factory bread sold in plastic bags in the likes of 7/11 is not real bread, and it does seem to be sweeter than, and nowhere near as good as, the UK version. Not quite as sweet as US sliced bread though which tastes like brioche to me.

For real bread I would suggest BigC on Klang where they bake several times daily under the control of a proper French baker. Their bread (and they do many sorts, including sourdough) tastes very much as it would in France. They have a slicing machine and will slice free to order.

The French rustic baguette at 39B is particularly nice, if you like a crusty loaf.

Hurry they re closing for 6 months

Baguette 89 on Soi 89 opposite MAKRO and just east of railway line is not closing. Just back from buying warm fresh bread (which can be sliced there) Vincent (baker) and Anne (wife) know nothing about that.

Do not eat that white stuff in slices , its not healthy, in Pattaya you have so many good bakeries run by Europeans. The Gerrman bakery Back Fabrik makes the best home made bread in Thailand, and no sugar .

Have a look in Tops. They have a range of My Choice sliced breads that are worth trying, though watch the expiry date. .

The bread baked on the premises in Tops in Central is good, though a bit expensive, and they have a pretty good selection. As far as I know they will also slice their regular loaves, which would be nicer than the packaged My Choice (though the packaged My Choice is certainly a lot better than the standard 7/11 sliced white).

Have a look in Tops. They have a range of My Choice sliced breads that are worth trying, though watch the expiry date. .

The bread baked on the premises in Tops in Central is good, though a bit expensive, and they have a pretty good selection. As far as I know they will also slice their regular loaves, which would be nicer than the packaged My Choice (though the packaged My Choice is certainly a lot better than the standard 7/11 sliced white).

I find that the My Choice sliced sandwich bread works very well with beans on toast. In fact, that's tea tonight sorted!

Do not eat that white stuff in slices , its not healthy, in Pattaya you have so many good bakeries run by Europeans. The Gerrman bakery Back Fabrik makes the best home made bread in Thailand, and no sugar .

Where is it?

Can you get My Choice anywhere Nr Huay Yai ?

Have you got a Tops nearby?

If not, I buy it in the refurbished Tops in the basement of TukCom, a convenient location if you're going to Friendship for something. As I said previously, watch the expiry date.

Where is it?

Jomtien 2nd Road.

Hurry they re closing for 6 months

an utterly false and inaccurate rumour!

^^^ I think the "closing for 6 months" comment was about BigC. I certainly understood it to be that anyway.

I'd rather they didnt. sad.png

I spoke to staff members this morning at customer service and then later I spoke to the French manager of the bakery himself and everyone says there is absolutely no truth to this rumourhuh.png

^^^ I think the "closing for 6 months" comment was about BigC. I certainly understood it to be that anyway.

I'd rather they didnt.

I spoke to staff members this morning at customer service and then later I spoke to the French manager of the bakery himself and everyone says there is absolutely no truth to this rumour

It seemed unlikely to me too, especially if they will be closing the third BigC near the future Terminal 21.

At one time they were talking about closing (or partially closing) the BigC on Sukumvit in order to expand the bakery and other sections. I dont know what, if anything, came of that.

Edit: pmugghc beat me to it.

Edited by KittenKong

Most of the menu from there tends to be good, haven't bought any bread though.

That's the place I get my white sliced loaf from, may be no good for me but tastes great.