Exit date no on stamp?

I've had several tourist visas over the years. Every time I've entered the stamp had the date at which I needed to exit, or extend, the entry.

However, I recently got a single entry, entered into Thailand on March 20th. The stamp, however, didn't have the exact exit date. I know it is 60 days, but I'm not sure how they count the 60 days.

In Indonesia I entered on Feb 23, left on Mar. 22, and got hit with a 1 day overstay fee over 30 days, when I thought I was under 30. Some countries start counting at 1, others start from 0.

So as I entered Thailand on March 20, 60 days is May 19th (since there are 31 days in March)? Is that correct?

Thanks in advance!

If you arrived on March 20, 2016 with a tourist visa your last day to depart is May 18, 2016.

Date of arrival and departure are fully included in the count.

No date on the arrival stamp?

Really??

Look harder or rush to the next immigration office to get it fixed.

You can not even be sure whether your visa has been used and noticed.

Maybe you were entered to the system as 30 day visa exempt.

Another example for THE rule:

Check the stamps immediately after the passing immigration checkpoint (passport control).

In case of any uncertainty call a supervisor.

Edited by KhunBENQ

If you arrived on March 20, 2016 with a tourist visa your last day to depart is May 18, 2016.

Really??

Check the stamps immediately after the passing immigration checkpoint (passport control).

Thanks for the responses guys. I did look at the stamp immediately after as I usually do, but I figured it was some change. They stamped my tourist visa as "Used - March 20", and on the departure card it just says March 20 without anything written in "Admitted Until" - it is blank. First time this has happened to me.

How is 60 days May 18th? There are 31 days in March and 30 in April, so shouldn't it be May 19th?

In addition to this above, I plan to go visit Malaysia for a few days and re-enter Thailand after on a 30 day stamp. I have a flight to the US on June 22nd. What date can I re-enter on a 30 day stamp such that June 22nd will not be over the deadline/overstay? Is it May 23rd, since May has 31 days?

Really??

Thanks for the responses guys. I did look at the stamp immediately after as I usually do, but I figured it was some change. They stamped my tourist visa as "Used - March 20", and on the departure card it just says March 20 without anything written in "Admitted Until" - it is blank. First time this has happened to me.

How is 60 days May 18th? There are 31 days in March and 30 in April, so shouldn't it be May 19th?

In addition to this above, I plan to go visit Malaysia for a few days and re-enter Thailand after on a 30 day stamp. I have a flight to the US on June 22nd. What date can I re-enter on a 30 day stamp such that June 22nd will not be over the deadline/overstay? Is it May 23rd, since May has 31 days?

Did you look at the entry stamp in your passport. If you enter on a visa immigration often leaves the admitted until date blank on the departure card because you might get an extension that would make that date wrong.

The day you enter the country is day one of the 60 days is why it is the 18th.

If you enter on May 24th your admitted until date would be June 22nd.

• Like 1

Really??

The departure card (TM6) will typically not have an "admitted until" date...look in your passport.

whistling.gif For info.

I entered Thailand on a 30 day visa exempt entry on 19 April 2015 from Ho Chi Minh Vietnam.

It is clearly stamped n my passport hat I must leave on 18 May 2015, unless of course I pay 1900 Baht for a 30 day extension at immigration in CW

Really??

Did you look at the entry stamp in your passport. If you enter on a visa immigration often leaves the admitted until date blank on the departure card because you might get an extension that would make that date wrong.

The day you enter the country is day one of the 60 days is why it is the 18th.

If you enter on May 24th your admitted until date would be June 22nd.

Ah, you're correct. Looks like there is a stamp on the visa itself without an admitted until date, as well as another on a different page on the passport, and on the deparature card, hence the confusion.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.