passport dilemma

I have had my ozzy passport recorded and was asked to sign a comment made by immigration on my last visit to Thailand in March 2016. what happened was i was in Thailand for over a year doing visa runs and extending my stay etc. i had to return to oz for a week and upon my return to bangkok i was questioned about why i had no visa. i phoned my Thai girlfriend and she spoke to the immigration officer and he eventually stamped my oz passport and let me in. he wrote on the stamp that next time i want to enter i must have a visa and asked me to sign beside this comment.I have just renewed my Irish passport in bangkok and it has no stamps (as i have been using my oz passport , which is nearly full). so what i need to know if i fly from oz back to bangkok and produce my new Irish passport will they accept it and give me the normal tourist visa and i can start again , or will they still base my entry on my ozy passport in which case i would need a visa before i arrive.

so do i fly to say laos or cambodia etc and get a re entry stamp on my ozy or New irish passport.? not sure what the best course of action would be.

I'd definitely get a visa. You're tracked in their computers and there's definitely a flag next to your name saying "must have a visa at next entry". Having two passports from two different countries might confuse their tracking a little bit, there's a small chance that you might have two separate identities in their system but really, I wouldn't bet on this.

I'd definitely get a visa. You're tracked in their computers and there's definitely a flag next to your name saying "must have a visa at next entry". Having two passports from two different countries might confuse their tracking a little bit, there's a small chance that you might have two separate identities in their system but really, I wouldn't bet on this.

You are correct about the probability the passports being linked so the officer would see his previous history. The 6 entry flag might also appear. But I doubt there will anything about getting a visa since that is not official just a note an officer wrote in a passport.

You are correct about the probability the passports being linked so the officer would see his previous history. The 6 entry flag might also appear. But I doubt there will anything about getting a visa since that is not official just a note an officer wrote in a passport.

Does the computer system have a flag maybe that can be set to indicate that there was an "observation" made in the passport?

I have been coming to Thailand since 1998 - first on 30 day visa exemption with an occasional extension.

The rest of the time I applied and received various visa's including - multi-entry tourist visa - then I applied for and received a non-O visa then a non-OA, then a non-O marriage visa, now back to non-OA (not divorced but faster to get the non-OA).

My point is that overtime I have asked for a visa for Thailand regardless of where I applied from - Brisbane, Houston, Istanbul - I have always gotten the visa.

So the best choice is just to comply with the Thai Visa rules and get the proper visa for your needs. I am not sure why people like to try to 'scam' the system? Laziness or something to hide?????

MJ

• Like 1

Does the computer system have a flag maybe that can be set to indicate that there was an "observation" made in the passport?

I doubt that also. In reality the only thing an immigration officer should write in passport is what is needed to fill out the stamps.

so if i fly to laoe can i get a visa to enter like i did on previous visa runs. also can i use my new passport that has no stamps on it , would that be better than the oz passport
that has many stamps.
cleardot.gif

so if i fly to laoe can i get a visa to enter like i did on previous visa runs. also can i use my new passport that has no stamps on it , would that be better than the oz passport
that has many stamps.
cleardot.gif

Visas can only be obtained from Thai Embassy's /Consulates.

If you fly to Laos you must apply at the Vientiane Consulate and pay for visa,

Sorry for the candid question, but if so what are the "visa on arrival" booths at Suwa?

They issue visas :)

Also I have never seen an embassy issue a visa it's the consulate that does.

Sorry for the candid question, but if so what are the "visa on arrival" booths at Suwa?

They issue visas smile.png

The consular section of embassies issue visas and etc which is not to be confused with stand alone consulates.

They issue visas smile.png

The consular section of embassies issue visas and etc which is not to be confused with stand alone consulates.

Also - depending on country the visa approval process may not be local. I would not be surprised that at some point during the process a Thai national consular official actually has to make the approval, even if from the customer service point of view you never see them. It is not difficult these days to forward details electronically.

His post is correct in general terms. You cannot walk out of immigration with a valid visa after applying for it and then use it to enter the country.

A visa on arrival gives a 15 day one time entry after paying the 1000 baht fee.

Some immigration offices can issue a non immigrant visa for specific reasons and by meeting the requirements for an extension of stay that it is issued for. The visa is only valid for the date it is issued and is immediately used to give a 90 day entry.