They didn't know David Bowie and now they don't know Prince, I wonder if they really know something?

It is fair comment thais really do not know much about the outside world, yes admittedly i know nothing or really care about thai music but you would think in the modern age modern music young thais would have been influenced by western music to some extent

Of course if you mix in student circles in Bangkok they will know but outside BKK i suspect its just a black hole ,sad because its not just music!

Most em know who Tupac is.

Do you ?

It is fair comment thais really do not know much about the outside world, yes admittedly i know nothing or really care about thai music but you would think in the modern age modern music young thais would have been influenced by western music to some extent

Of course if you mix in student circles in Bangkok they will know but outside BKK i suspect its just a black hole ,sad because its not just music!

Most em know who Tupac is.

Do you ?

Good point. Young Thais probably know more about the current trends in rap and K-pop than the typical farang. They listen to what they listen to, no need for a bunch of old guys to criticize.

Shock horror..my 16 y.o nephew has never heard of Chuck Berry.

how could it be?

A 30+ professional co-worker back home had no idea what i was going on about when i referred to her 'Nana Mouskouri' glasses.

And now you tell me these Thais know nothing of Prince or Bowie??

No wonder the worlds un a mess. These un-cultured masses have probably never heard the calm uplifting tones of the Platters.

lol

Seriously tho, this has got to be THE most silliest NON-observation ive ever seen from a TV poster in years!!!

OP, how many Carabao albums did you have in your famous farangland collection?

Surely you knew him? hes a household name. 555

What do you know about who was famous in Thailand 40 years ago?

Great point SB; the only person I know of famous 40 years ago was that guy that allegedly started Soi Cowboy after his time in the military. Famous or infamous?

You all really have nothing to do all day, just waiting for the end, right ? Otherwise nobody would write obviously stupid lies as this.

You are all right, nobody knows Bowie or Prince in this world, this is why not even a single TV channel didn't talk about them after they died.

And as it is clear that the whole world should know Thai music, I will now let you finish your time (your last years) moaning on TV.

Adios ridiculos.

Shock horror..my 16 y.o nephew has never heard of Chuck Berry.

how could it be?

A 30+ professional co-worker back home had no idea what i was going on about when i referred to her 'Nana Mouskouri' glasses.

And now you tell me these Thais know nothing of Prince or Bowie??

No wonder the worlds un a mess. These un-cultured masses have probably never heard the calm uplifting tones of the Platters.
lol

Seriously tho, this has got to be THE most silliest NON-observation ive ever seen from a TV poster in years!!!

OP, how many Carabao albums did you have in your famous farangland collection?

Surely you knew him? hes a household name. 555

You all really have nothing to do all day, just waiting for the end, right ? Otherwise nobody would write obviously stupid lies as this.

You are all right, nobody knows Bowie or Prince in this world, this is why not even a single TV channel didn't talk about them after they died.

And as it is clear that the whole world should know Thai music, I will now let you finish your time (your last years) moaning on TV.

Adios ridiculos.

Ive got plenty to do all day, infact Iam paid a decent salary to do it, and post here as well !!

As for Bowie and Prince, Sure I have heard of them and infact rather like some of the stuff Prince did Bowie on the other hand I know he was a musician but thats as bout as far as my knowledge goes. Not my genre nor my time.