NCPO says it has proof Thaksin behind smear campaign – but it's classified

webfact

Junta Says it Has Proof Thaksin Behind Smear Campaign – But It’s Classified
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14615816821461581947l.jpg
Junta chairman and Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha stands tall for a selfie with uniformed bureaucrats Monday in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — The junta said today it can prove, once and for all, that former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has paid foreign lobbyists to sabotage Thailand’s reputation and destabilize the military government.

But that proof is classified, for now.

“We have already collected some documents, but it’s just we cannot disclose them at the moment,” junta spokesman Piyapong Klinpan said at a Monday news conference.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1461581682&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-04-26

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCPO is to disclose evidences of Thaksin’s hiring lobbyists at the right timing

2504001-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order is waiting for the right timing to disclose to the public evidences about fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawa’s hiring foreign lobbyists to discredit the country, said NCPO spokesman Colonel Piyapong Klinphan on Monday.

The above statement is in response to a challenge made by Mr Noppadol Pattama, personal lawyer of Thaksin and former foreign minister, for the military regime to bare the evidences to prove that Thaksin has employed foreign lobbyists to discredit the military regime and Thailand.

“No, we will not disclose the evidences now because it will suit their objective. But we will wait for the right timing,” said Colonel Piyapong adding that officials concerned are collecting the evidences.

He said that the NCPO wanted to inform the public about the truth about foreign lobbyists “so that the people will know who are lying.”

The colonel claimed that the public in general wanted to see the country is in peace and order and the NCPO has attached top priority attention to problems related to the people instead of political problems.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/160977

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-26

Just when will the timing be right ?

If someone is trying to destabilise the country shouldn't it all be laid out for all to see so it can be stopped.

I hope the press conference wasn't called just to say we know something but we're not telling.

Chalerm lives on.

We have proof but we don't have to prove it. When will the time be right, when you loose the election? Where's that thaksin proof we have tucked away, we need to stage another coup, the bloody peasants won again. I'm calling junta B.S.

I have little interest in their manufactured proof if its evidence can't yet be shown , it's unlikely to be conclusive , but rather some ""agent of the devil"" reporter being accused of taking money from Thaksin.

That's really their pet fear.

Money .

Thaksin's money.

If he can buy lobbyists they maybe wonder if there are those in this big hanger ( see photo) being offered billions to go to the dark side.?

The America silence might be contributing to their paranoia.?

They have shown their cards and now expect a US response.

Will they have "" real evidence of slavery continuing ""? ( America findings against them?)

Maybe accusing some governments of being favourable to their Boogie man is a tactic in their mind.

Fabricate is now advisable in their minds

But they are getting sloppy.

Even this gathering as evidenced by the camera would be tempting to many would be patriots .

What if they all got wiped out?

That's really another 9/11 type conspiracy thing .

Born of high tech drones and CIA and so forth.

But the question begs would Thailand still be under military rule if its leaders suddenly disappeared.?

While Thaksin breathes they all know that fear is possible.

He was feared for good reason.

The man is ruthless and more likely than not to have his fingers in many pies that involve their demise.

They certainly might wheel out evidence in coming days.

But the oven is now hot and the smell of burning flesh can be faintly smelt .

It's always a matter of time with military strong armed leaders.

They always get cooked.

Either way.

Externally , internally, traitors or , rogue generals , doesn't mater how.

It's when

And we the lucky get to watch the whole process right through to the deaths captured on social media.

Like the Libyan leaders.

These days it's grizzly .

I don't think amnesty will work once the orders to execute immediately are given.

Or assassins arrive.

Clearly Thailand is unstable and all scripts of how it might play out .

Including years of this first can be possible.

Which will happen depends on how hot they turn up the heat.

Maybe jailing YS might get the country a bit more motivated?

What will Thaksin do next if he is indeed bothered?

And can the general keep demanding compliance and dishing out AA without sanctions?

I am waiting for Thaksin to get out a message that's peaceful and uplifting to the Thai people.

That's because he is clever.

And these guys are not

Lets wait and see in coming days

What evidence they have.?

In a religious country it's hard tarnishing values people have.

No amount of make believe polls can transcend the people's love of Thaksin

Edited by Plutojames88

They would loose a general election against him plain and simple .

Guns are the only way the elites can win.

Their insidious natures have little appeal to the poor who until TS came along were down trodden.

I think the time is closer when their grip of power will be too reckless

And their road map could crash .?

Protests are not far off on mass.

And the streets will become dangerous once more.

Thaksin is the all seeing devil haunting these men crazy .

Thaksin whispers the breeze at midnight as they wake in sweat .

""Thaksin""

The old fortune teller tells of a general 's fate

Thaksin .!

It's funny to watch .

These guys need serious therapy .

Edited by Plutojames88

I have little interest in their manufactured proof if its evidence can't yet be shown , it's unlikely to be conclusive , but rather some ""agent of the devil"" reporter being accused of taking money from Thaksin.

Money .

Thaksin's money.

If he can buy lobbyists they maybe wonder if there are those in this big hanger ( see photo) being offered billions to go to the dark side.?

Will they have "" real evidence of slavery continuing ""? ( America findings against them?)

Maybe accusing some governments of being favourable to their Boogie man is a tactic in their mind.

Even this gathering as evidenced by the camera would be tempting to many would be patriots .

But the question begs would Thailand still be under military rule if its leaders suddenly disappeared.?

The man is ruthless and more likely than not to have his fingers in many pies that involve their demise.

They always get cooked.

Either way.

It's when

And we the lucky get to watch the whole process right through to the deaths captured on social media.

Like the Libyan leaders.

I don't think amnesty will work once the orders to execute immediately are given.

Or assassins arrive.

And can the general keep demanding compliance and dishing out AA without sanctions?

I am waiting for Thaksin to get out a message that's peaceful and uplifting to the Thai people.

And these guys are not

Hi, and thanks for the post, I lost interest at "I have little interest in their manufactured proof if its evidence can't yet be shown"

Looks like you have a brain storm there.

But having said that I would like to give you 10/10 for imagination and creativity.

You Da Man!!thumbsup.gif

IIRC then RA had listed first TS, and then the UDD, as being among RA's clients, on filings several years ago about lobbying or PA-work back in the US ?

So there's no doubt about " Thaksin Shinawa’s hiring foreign lobbyists " as claimed. But that was few years ago, not recently.

And of course what the hamster's brief was, while hired, would have been commercially confidential.

The PM's " has paid foreign lobbyists to sabotage Thailand’s reputation and destabilize the military government. " could refer to those previous activities, and be more a matter of opinion as to what the objective was, until he releases more proof, as challenged to do.

RA's activities could have been about other things, putting a spin on dealings in African diamonds/gold-mines/coal-miles/mineral-concessions, for example. Or about links with African political-leaders, in places like Zimbabwe.

IIRC then RA had listed first TS, and then the UDD, as being among RA's clients, on filings several years ago about lobbying or PA-work back in the US ?

So there's no doubt about " Thaksin Shinawa’s hiring foreign lobbyists " as claimed. But that was few years ago, not recently.

And of course what the hamster's brief was, while hired, would have been commercially confidential.

The PM's " has paid foreign lobbyists to sabotage Thailand’s reputation and destabilize the military government. " could refer to those previous activities, and be more a matter of opinion as to what the objective was, until he releases more proof, as challenged to do.

RA's activities could have been about other things, putting a spin on dealings in African diamonds/gold-mines/coal-miles/mineral-concessions, for example. Or about links with African political-leaders, in places like Zimbabwe.

You are correct.

It is likely the Junta has stumbled onto the treasure trove, which is the financial disclosures required of lobbyists registered to lobby the US government.

I read an article in the international press yesterday. These records show TS did hire lobbyists in the past. But the purpose was likely to get favorable lobbying in Congress or with certain government agencies. In the past 2 years, the records show TS paid a single lobbying firm $5,000; this was probably just a retainer amount. You don't get any lobbying for that small amount in Washington DC.

I suspect the Junta has this "evidence", and now knows it is next to nothing. They are still looking. Thaksin Derangement Syndrome has many symptoms.

Money .

Thaksin's money.

They always get cooked.

Either way.

It's when

Like the Libyan leaders.

Or assassins arrive.

And these guys are not

Hi, and thanks for the post, I lost interest at "I have little interest in their manufactured proof if its evidence can't yet be shown"

But having said that I would like to give you 10/10 for imagination and creativity.

You Da Man!!thumbsup.gif

Years ago if you suggested Thailand would lurch towards China so dramatically , have propaganda type Friday evening addresses by a general who seized power and demands compliance - people would question what fortune teller you consulted ?

Maybe suggest your imagination is over active.

Add then AA camps and LM laws and article 44 and spooks and midnight calls to residences.

Journalists being told to stop telling the truth.

Toe the line,and get on the big brother plane.

The apathy of western governments in their silence .

Polls that show 99% support .

And the Thaksin mantra .

My outcomes are speculative and ok creative as its currency is futuristic .

But crystal balls aside the politics in that part of Asia is being played out with increasing interest.

The cross roads are power vs will and international over site .

And the elephant in the room.

The power play is internal as well as external.

China eyeing out the prize.

And history loans me my explanations as to foreseeable outcomes.

Not many military coups end happily in the guise of good governance .

People eventually step up to protest.

The whole magic trick is they are unelected

And they wave a magic wand pretending its powerful and just.

And the people's will is contained their in the wand .

Yet in reality they are just guys with guns

Edited by Plutojames88

"We have evidence that Thaksin is behind a smear campaign against us"

"Ah good, so will you be releasing evidence of this smear campaign, thus discrediting what some see as legitimate protests against your heavy handed and over zealous regime?"

"Nah we won't be doing that"

Indeed and I have PROOF that the Lochness Monster exists! Elvis is alive and Lord Lucan is running for US President and I'd love to share it with you but the Illuminate have asked me not to as the 'time is not right'

Don't hide behind classified material , if it was classified you should not have even mentioned the matter ,classified just means that, for restricted eyes and ears only, so you either do 2 things drop the subject or reveal the contents of this classified material and who supplied it , best still shut up..............................................coffee1.gif ..

Haven't they said this before on many an occasion ? It takes time to photo shop stuff correctly. :D

Considering the seriousness of this matter, you would have thought they'd be ramming that evidence down the world's media's throat and patting themselves on the back, and perhaps feel a little vindicated.. but no, they obfuscate and blatantly spin this one out too, as they have nothing of substance or credibility..

The fact the information IS in the public domain seems forgotten to them, and they have to explain how the lobbyists themselves are lying, leaving them open to defamation and libel from said lobbyists.

The Junta supporters will believe anything that comes out of their mouth's however the more intelligent people will just think..." yeah okay, whatever you say, we believe you...NOT"

For a bunch of highly decorated military men, they sure like to stamp their feet, and throw teddies out of prams, it's hardly inspiring they are the brightest and bravest responsible for the defence of the country.

Don't hide behind classified material , if it was classified you should not have even mentioned the matter ,classified just means that, for restricted eyes and ears only, so you either do 2 things drop the subject or reveal the contents of this classified material and who supplied it , best still shut up..............................................coffee1.gif ..

Just like the document regarding the "appointment" of a certain Generals son to a position within the Military ;)

Money .

Thaksin's money.

They always get cooked.

Either way.

It's when

Like the Libyan leaders.

Or assassins arrive.

And these guys are not

You Da Man!!thumbsup.gif

Years ago if you suggested Thailand would lurch towards China so dramatically , have propaganda type Friday evening addresses by a general who seized power and demands compliance - people would question what fortune teller you consulted ?

Maybe suggest your imagination is over active.

Add then AA camps and LM laws and article 44 and spooks and midnight calls to residences.

Journalists being told to stop telling the truth.

Toe the line,and get on the big brother plane.

The apathy of western governments in their silence .

Polls that show 99% support .

And the Thaksin mantra .

My outcomes are speculative and ok creative as its currency is futuristic .

But crystal balls aside the politics in that part of Asia is being played out with increasing interest.

The cross roads are power vs will and international over site .

And the elephant in the room.

The power play is internal as well as external.

China eyeing out the prize.

And history loans me my explanations as to foreseeable outcomes.

Not many military coups end happily in the guise of good governance .

People eventually step up to protest.

The whole magic trick is they are unelected

And they wave a magic wand pretending its powerful and just.

And the people's will is contained their in the wand .

Yet in reality they are just guys with guns

I think Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen or Don McLean could have put that essay to music with some success. thumbsup.gif

The junta has also evidence of the politicians behind all the bombings, anti junta activists and students but all are classified. Translated as they have nothing but will manufacture something later.

Like I said earlier, didn't they make the same claims with regards to the Samui car bomb, that incidently just magically filtered its way into obscurity, in that an influential Southern Politician was responsible ???? ;)

The junta has also evidence of the politicians behind all the bombings, anti junta activists and students but all are classified. Translated as they have nothing but will manufacture something later.

Like I said earlier, didn't they make the same claims with regards to the Samui car bomb, that incidently just magically filtered its way into obscurity, in that an influential Southern Politician was responsible ???? wink.png

Said influential politician's family own large swaths of Samui too right? whistling.gif

Like I said earlier, didn't they make the same claims with regards to the Samui car bomb, that incidently just magically filtered its way into obscurity, in that an influential Southern Politician was responsible ???? wink.png

Said influential politician's family own large swaths of Samui too right? whistling.gif

They didn't actually name them, but I do also recall that the sycophants here immediately pointed fingers to the North East, despite that incident being the same Modus Operandi of the Southern Insurgency.

They have also said the same about the Black Shirts, but no arrests made

They also said the same thing about the Erwan Shrine bombers

They also said there was NO threat from ISIS despite the FSB sending them a threat warning (on more then one occasion) and then announcing an increased security measure

They also said there was no terrorist threat of any sort to the country.. despite a known watch list ethnic Uihugur TWICE entering the country within the past 12 months.

Credibility isn't something this ship of fools has in abundance.

They didn't actually name them, but I do also recall that the sycophants here immediately pointed fingers to the North East, despite that incident being the same Modus Operandi of the Southern Insurgency.

They have also said the same about the Black Shirts, but no arrests made

They also said the same thing about the Erwan Shrine bombers

They also said there was NO threat from ISIS despite the FSB sending them a threat warning (on more then one occasion) and then announcing an increased security measure

They also said there was no terrorist threat of any sort to the country.. despite a known watch list ethnic Uihugur TWICE entering the country within the past 12 months.

Credibility isn't something this ship of fools has in abundance.

It has been sailing long before the current government. Recall a certain police captain who regularly made bold statements bu then never backed it up & there were plenty of others like him.