PM Prayut to deliver village level policies as economic stimulus

webfact

PM to deliver village level policies as economic stimulus

BANGKOK, 26 April 2016 (NNT) – The Prime Minister is set to deliver village level policies to village headsmen as part of the economic stimulus campaign on the foundation level, according to the public-government cooperation scheme, says an official.

The Ministry of Interior’s Permanent-Secretary Grisada Boonrach has revealed that the Ministry of Interior’s Department of Provincial Administration will be meeting with village headsmen nationwide. Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha will be chairing this meeting to deliver the government’s policy on the government's stimulus measures, aiming to enhance the foundation of the economy.

The permanent-secretary has said the PM will be addressing the outcome of sub-district projects, which have almost been completed, with 99 percent of funds disbursed from a total budget of 34 billion baht. Mr. Grisada has requested the public to take care of all beneficial infrastructures that were created as a result of these projects.

The Ministry of Interior is appointed as the main responsible agency to drive village capability enhancement projects to stimulate the economy at the foundation level, focusing on projects which yield benefits to the nation's economy and society, according to the local public’s needs.

The goal for this campaign is to run projects at 74,588 villages in 878 districts throughout 76 provinces of Thailand, allocating up to 200,000 baht budget to each village with a total budget for the entire campaign capped at 14.9 billion baht.

The project will be carried out through cooperation between the general public and the government, a format which is being heavily promoted by the government to push forward the country.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-26 footer_n.gif

The panic is setting in.

Even attempting a mini me Thaksin style stimulus for villages down and out.

Suffering drought and hard line policies from a far off selfish Bangkok.

They only dream of the days of plenty and their hero.

Now replaced with an uncaring harsh strong arm man who hates hearing about their plight.

And the pittance given devoured by headmen who in return swear support and notification of those trouble makers.

This implementation is designed to keep villagers in line with Bangkok central control.

The buying won't go far , and the desperation won't change

Sensible use of the money was used my in village,

and a check by the government officials

was carried out to view the work done,

at least on this occasion the money has benefitted

our community,

Ummh - it hasn't happened yet!

The best way to ensure stimulus work is by distributing it to the lower level of the economy. People who survive on the min. daily wage.

So yes, government investing in infrastructure is one of the best way to ensure that the money will be spread around since most construction worker tends to spend what they earn..

Provided everything is transparent from the top down..

As we all know. TiT.

our community,

I think, as usual, NNT has botched the report.

I think there have been two rounds of projects. Round 1, almost completed. Round 2, planned for about 50% the size of Round 1.

As someone else suggested, when the budget is spread across 75,000 villages, it doesn't amount to much.

So it is a token gift from the benificent leaders for all of their beloved subjects.

(I have been looking at recent events through the lens of "sakdi na", th e traditional hierarchy of class, status, and roles in Thailand. It helps with understanding the attitude of the Bangkok elite. There is 500 years of precedent for their "superiority")

our community,

I think there have been two rounds of projects. Round 1, almost completed. Round 2, planned for about 50% the size of Round 1.

As someone else suggested, when the budget is spread across 75,000 villages, it doesn't amount to much.

So it is a token gift from the benificent leaders for all of their beloved subjects.

(I have been looking at recent events through the lens of "sakdi na", th e traditional hierarchy of class, status, and roles in Thailand. It helps with understanding the attitude of the Bangkok elite. There is 500 years of precedent for their "superiority")

Fair point.

I too find the whole "sakdina" phenomenon fascinating and illuminating. I have a theory that it is beginning to collapse at the bottom levels for a number of reasons, principally the internet and the politicisation of the lower classes ( cue for a rant about the bogeyman?.

When the collapse happens it will be fast. Do you remember the look on Caeuscescu's face when the crowd turned on him in Rumania in 1989?

Edited by JAG

our community,

Fair point.

I too find the whole "sakdina" phenomenon fascinating and illuminating. I have a theory that it is beginning to collapse at the bottom levels for a number of reasons, principally the internet and the politicisation of the lower classes ( cue for a rant about the bogeyman?.

When the collapse happens it will be fast. Do you remember the look on Caeuscescu's face when the crowd turned on him in Rumania in 1989?

We have a covered meeting place now,

that the village as whole wanted , money did not

cover everything and a lot of time labour was donated.

if as the speculators are right and more is offered then

a lighted zebra crossing has been ear marked, with speed hump, bump or judder bar installed to slow the traffic.

But these are not populist policies, heaven forbid.

There was a time when this forum was in meltdown when a previously elected government implemented village level policies. I wonder where all those posters are today? A few still remain, the rest are just lurking, I suspect. Helping villagers directly with low level infrastructure projects is the most cost effective way to increase incomes of the poor.