Committee to Investigate Saravdy’s Death

geovalin

Khmer Times/Pav Suy

A committee has been created to investigate the death of film star Hout Saravdy, who was allegedly killed on the night of April 14 in Kampong Trabek district on National Road 1 on her way to her hometown for the Khmer New Year holiday, the Prey Veng provincial police chief said yesterday. Despite the controversy surrounding her death, with both the public and Ms. Saravdy’s family calling for further investigations into the possibility that she was murdered, Provincial Police Chief Sreng Chea brushed off the concerns.

“We created the committee to investigate the case with the support from the Ministry of Interior as well and this committee. We are actively working on this case,” he said, declining to specify exactly what investigative work the committee would be conducting. He went on to blame local media for misquoting him, claiming that if his comments had been printed in full, there would be no controversy about whether police were responsible for allegedly discounting Ms. Saravdy’s death as an accident, which members of the public have accused them of.

“The local media put in incomplete quotes of mine. They asked me what my conclusion is [regarding this case]. I said that from the primary conclusion, it was a traffic accident. And they said ‘that’s it’ and hung up the phone,” Mr. Chea said. He added that at the time he also told reporters that the investigation into the accident was ongoing and that police were still accepting evidence from the family of the victim over her death. He also took a moment to address Facebook comments accusing police of malpractice.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/24208/committee-to-investigate-saravdy---s-death/

Despite the controversy surrounding her death, with both the public and Ms. Saravdy’s family calling for further investigations into the possibility that she was murdered, Provincial Police Chief Sreng Chea brushed off the concerns.[/

A controversy alluded to but not explained. What makes the family think she was murdered?