mysterious WYSE keyboard for desktop PC

fvw53

Some keys of my very old AZERTY keyboard (for French language) did not function any more.

As I could not find in Bangkok any shop selling Azerty keyboards I decided to order online from Amazon Germany a keyboard which shows WYSE as brand name.

See attached photo.

Now not too many members of TVF use Azerty but WYSE sells them also with QWERTY keyboards (I have the impressed that Dell PC included it)

The problem is that the upper row of keys has 3 lines of symbols : I have no clue how to activate the third line (I tried many inputs) and this third line includes the very important @ (aerobas)

So this makes the new bought WYSE keyboard impossible to use for me

Does somebody how to activate the @ input (or where to buy in BKK an Azerty keyboard)

post-65383-0-97217500-1461645489_thumb.j

All French AZERTY keyboard have special symbols as 3rd function on the top row.

The special symbols there are obtained by using the <AltGr> key (right to the space bar) simultaneously.

Your keyboard looks like a very standard French keyboard BTW.

These are not easy to find in BKK but last time I have discussed with a French expat friend of mine, he said that there was a shop in Panthip Plaza that was selling them. He hasn't needed to buy an AZERTY keyboard in quite a while because I bring one over from France for him from time to time.

While being French myself, I prefer using QWERTY keyboards and I use the Wincompose freeware to type accented characters through combinations e.g. <Ctrl>-<'>-<e> gives <é>.

I did not know the solution was so simple : I am a Dutch speaking Belgian but many of my correspondents are "Francophones" and I really dislike to write French without accents.

When you mentioned that my new keyboard was standard in France I guessed correctly that I had to change the language choice from "French Belgian" to "French France"

Indeed the old AZERTY keyboard was bought in 1995 in Belgium and here the keys were intended to be used by both Dutch and French speaking communities.

Merci beaucoup