Do you know this man? Unidentified foreigner falls from Pattaya condo

webfact

They are asking us to identify him without a picture of his face.........well, he did have a tattoo on his arm, that narrows it down to about 7,000 Fahlungs in Pattaya, rules out about 50 without tattoos on their arms. So how hard could it be??

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My views on this is the only way to stop them is to make it physically impossible, and the only way to get that done is to make it the building mangers and owners responsibility.

We are very lucky that up to now no one has been hurt or killed by a jumper.

The guys who really do jump may be messed up mentally, but dont you think they would pick the time when no people are below?

Also you'd think they would check again for walkers before they take the final plunge?

It only takes 3 seconds to hit the ground

"Pattaya police investigator Piyapong Ensarn was told that the man went into the condo building and ordered a beer from a shop downstairs then disappeared. No more than ten minutes later someone found the body."

Don't anybody think it is strange to order a beer, then go and top yourself?

RIP

not really!..........One for the road as they say! (pardon the pun there ......i don't find this amusing at all)

I think it strange that anyone would want to top themselves,, I just imagine if there were as many alleged jumpers in the UK polices forced would be thin on ground because todays cops cannot handle the horror then they sue the Government so maybe a good thing Thailand has this facility

There will be as many suicides, if not more in the UK.....but its not made public knowledge.

I also found it strange to understand why people would want to top themselves until I understood depression.

A strange phenomenon in rural Australia is single vehicle , single occupant car crashes...often hitting a tree. Suicide but never reported as such.

There was an inquest in London the other day, and the young man had jumped from a rooftop restaurant called Coq d'Argent, verdict: suicide.

It then transpired that he is the sixth to jump from there since late 2012.

As a lot of TV readers only read TV, it is their belief that Thailand is the only place people commit suicide.

Actually a lot of countries it seems (mine is one of them) legislate to ban the media from reporting suicides.

You can debate that but i think its utterly disgraceful.

They use the excuse that they dont want copycat suicides, but of course the pollies dont want average Joe to know how dire things really are as a result of their decisions.

You often hear people say 'there are no services or groups to help these people'.

But if its censored and hid under the carpet, there appears to be no problem, hence no solution needed.

sad times

Edited by bamukloy

Why should someone (help) him ? The man enter the building alone buy a last beer before flying

My bet is he had ran out of money of simply just wantvto ends his life.

I not agree that every suicide in patts is foul play.

He did not even stayed in VT6

Me too agreed 100%. In Las Vegas too a lot of suicicides. Nothing suspicious just a nice place to make some final fun before u leave..and lots of high buildings as well.

Thats why it does not happen in Cha'am or Samui, not enough high rises. Next !

Jumper my a..e.

All the time we hear about farangs jumping from condos.

Orders a beer then goes and jumps. No way, somebody helped him over the edge.

Whether he finished the beer or not might help determine the question of suicide. Sad in any case for the man.

To many people speculating that he had only 70 Baht and the big surprise is he had 12 million Baht in his bank account why take an empty wallet out with you no atm card and no credit card strange indeed regardless if you are heading out to top yourself

To many people speculating that he had only 70 Baht and the big surprise is he had 12 million Baht in his bank account why take an empty wallet out with you no atm card and no credit card strange indeed regardless if you are heading out to top yourself

An accident or decided to end his life.

Never a third choice!

Whether one of the above or not, let's be honest and add possible homicide.

Too many deaths from bodies falling from condos.

What is the meaning of life?

RIP

An accident or decided to end his life.

Never a third choice!

Whether one of the above or not, let's be honest and add possible homicide.

Too many deaths from bodies falling from condos.

What is the meaning of life?

RIP

Read post #10 and you will find choice number three reported.

It must be something in the air, I have never seen so many go this way except in Pattaya.

The Air is warm in Pattaya, at least they don't risk to catch a Cold in Case they survive.

you need to lose someone close to you and then you may WAKE UP...

Thailand must be number one in the world for people dropping from high rises.

Trouble with suicide if it was

You may be handing the pain for yourself but you're merely passing it on to those left behind

RIP fella.

May not have left anyone behind, that may have been part of the problem. Who knows. ...and that's what the article is asking, isn't it.

Why should someone (help) him ? The man enter the building alone buy a last beer before flying

My bet is he had ran out of money of simply just wantvto ends his life.

I not agree that every suicide in patts is foul play.

He did not even stayed in VT6

Agreed.........No money,depression,health problems,burn't bridges,no friends,deluding oneself for years etc.....

Sounds like a Thai Visa regular.

Recipe for suicide: Put everything NOT in order but plan, buy the ticket to Thailand, fly to Thailand from 6 to 26 hours or even more, transfer a lot of money from your bank to Thai bank, get real estate agent, spend countless hours if not days to find what you are looking for, buy/pay for the condo you finally chosen in Thailand, transfer money to Thai bank to get the visa, order beer and then you are ready to commit suicide; what a bunch of crap.

Jumper my a..e.

All the time we hear about farangs jumping from condos.

Orders a beer then goes and jumps. No way, somebody helped him over the edge.

I would like to see his bank account/net worth before making an accusation like this.....

It isn't too far of a stretch to believe that they guy was skint.

If he was the type to have a "net worth", he would probably have a credit card or at least an ATM card in his wallet. A credit card has name imprinted and would be a good enough ID.

If he had an ATM card from a Thai bank, the cops could get the info for it and ID him.

If he had simply lost all of his ID and credit cards, and he was solvent, he would probably not kill himself but rather be working to replace his documents, cards and financial access. This is unlikely because he probably would have lost the entire wallet and not just the contents beyond 70 baht and the price of a beer.

The robbery / murder as suggested by colinneil is plausible. The thief and murderer could take his cash and rack up his cards, and empty his bank accounts if they know the PIN. Killing him makes sure that he can not report them stolen and have them deactivated.

But... this doesn't make sense either - for him to be happily buying a beer and then being robbed and murdered no more than 10 minutes later.

Does this building have an accessible rooftop? Mine does- can take the elevator to the top floor, and walk up one flight and go out onto the roof. Maybe he lived in a ground floor condo nearby, and this was the closest place to join the flying club.

"But... this doesn't make sense either - for him to be happily buying a beer and then being robbed and murdered no more than 10 minutes later."

Why not? I'm sure that has happened a few times before!

Perhaps the past was about to catch up

With him.......and really, your last drink a

Freaken beer, make mine a good 20y/o

Single malt!!

Contradicts your post yesterday, saying you don't drink and never have done ?

If true,I like your post, but can't see the post from little mary sunshine yesterday - do you have a Post # Number to refer to?

Single malt!!

If true,I like your post, but can't see the post from little mary sunshine yesterday - do you have a Post # Number to refer to?

If you look at my post #82 on the "Englishman 'arrests' ladyboy pickpocket in Pattaya" topic, you will see it.

Actually a lot of countries it seems (mine is one of them) legislate to ban the media from reporting suicides.

You can debate that but i think its utterly disgraceful.

They use the excuse that they dont want copycat suicides, but of course the pollies dont want average Joe to know how dire things really are as a result of their decisions.

You often hear people say 'there are no services or groups to help these people'.

But if its censored and hid under the carpet, there appears to be no problem, hence no solution needed.

sad times

the problem is that is does cause copycat suicides, and that could be whats happening in Pattaya

Single malt!!

If you look at my post #82 on the "Englishman 'arrests' ladyboy pickpocket in Pattaya" topic, you will see it.

Have done, therefore I like your post! And well done for exposing a bit of hypocrisy!

If he was the type to have a "net worth", he would probably have a credit card or at least an ATM card in his wallet. A credit card has name imprinted and would be a good enough ID.

If he had an ATM card from a Thai bank, the cops could get the info for it and ID him.

If he had simply lost all of his ID and credit cards, and he was solvent, he would probably not kill himself but rather be working to replace his documents, cards and financial access. This is unlikely because he probably would have lost the entire wallet and not just the contents beyond 70 baht and the price of a beer.

The robbery / murder as suggested by colinneil is plausible. The thief and murderer could take his cash and rack up his cards, and empty his bank accounts if they know the PIN. Killing him makes sure that he can not report them stolen and have them deactivated.

But... this doesn't make sense either - for him to be happily buying a beer and then being robbed and murdered no more than 10 minutes later.

Does this building have an accessible rooftop? Mine does- can take the elevator to the top floor, and walk up one flight and go out onto the roof. Maybe he lived in a ground floor condo nearby, and this was the closest place to join the flying club.

"But... this doesn't make sense either - for him to be happily buying a beer and then being robbed and murdered no more than 10 minutes later."

That's why I said it was plausible. Could have happened, but I don't see it in this case.

But for it to happen so fast, the guy would have had to be going to visit someone in the building, who let them into their room, killed him or overpowered him, cleaned out his wallet save seventy baht, put the wallet back in his pocket, and thrown him from the balcony.

Going to see his gik but her "brother" was in the room with her? Why would a thief / murderer put the wallet back with 70 Baht? Why not keep it all?

If he was going to visit someone, and had money in his wallet, why would he only buy one beer to take for himself? Why not buy another one (or several) to share with the friend?

That's why I said it was plausible. Could have happened, but I don't see it in this case.

But for it to happen so fast, the guy would have had to be going to visit someone in the building, who let them into their room, killed him or overpowered him, cleaned out his wallet save seventy baht, put the wallet back in his pocket, and thrown him from the balcony.

Going to see his gik but her "brother" was in the room with her? Why would a thief / murderer put the wallet back with 70 Baht? Why not keep it all?

If he was going to visit someone, and had money in his wallet, why would he only buy one beer to take for himself? Why not buy another one (or several) to share with the friend?

My apologies - I misread your post!