Windows 7, need a couple licenses any ideas?

gb33

Hi - I have 2 PC's which will use specialized software that is not compatible with Windows 10, so I need to install W7. Sadly, I cant find any W7 licenses and the re-sellers are unresponsive. Does any of you have a resource whereby I can purchase a couple legit W7 and W10 licenses? This should be a painless process.

Not being an IT guy specifically, Ive read up and understand that W10 can be downgraded but apparently its a pain.

Thanks,

gb33

windows 10 is free to download so no need to pay, But in July this year (not sure about date) windows 10 will no longer be free and if anyone wants it will have to buy it at a very high price (have heard it may cost around £100 from July onwards)

Windows 10 can be downloaded and installed on to your computer, then you can roll it back (reinstall your previous windows programme) and still have Windows 10 to install again at a later date if you want.

I was worried about installing 10 as I was very happy with windows 7, the problem is that Microsoft are stopping the support for the older programmes, I have since installed windows 10 on to 4 computers in my office and we are all very happy with the programme, much better than 7 and 8. It is a bit intrusive on knowing what you are doing but you can turn off a number of reporting programmes at set up. At the end of the day most computer programmes and apps for phones collect so much info about what we do without us knowing. Windows 10 is a great product.

Windows 7 is very very hard to buy now, I suggest that you get a copy from someone via websites on the internet who has one sitting at home (sorry I threw out the original disks a few months ago in a clean up) or buy one from MBK in Bangkok.

By the way it is not a pain to download w10, just takes time, very easy

Edited by stupidfarang

You can go on EBAY, you can get a Win 7 installation disk and a COA separately, I bought a couple of them, disk was 20 bucks and the COA's were 10.

Edited by Rob13

windows 10 is free to download so no need to pay, But in July this year (not sure about date) windows 10 will no longer be free and if anyone wants it will have to buy it at a very high price (have heard it may cost around £100 from July onwards)

Windows 10 can be downloaded and installed on to your computer, then you can roll it back (reinstall your previous windows programme) and still have Windows 10 to install again at a later date if you want.

I was worried about installing 10 as I was very happy with windows 7, the problem is that Microsoft are stopping the support for the older programmes, I have since installed windows 10 on to 4 computers in my office and we are all very happy with the programme, much better than 7 and 8. It is a bit intrusive on knowing what you are doing but you can turn off a number of reporting programmes at set up. At the end of the day most computer programmes and apps for phones collect so much info about what we do without us knowing. Windows 10 is a great product.

Windows 7 is very very hard to buy now, I suggest that you get a copy from someone via websites on the internet who has one sitting at home (sorry I threw out the original disks a few months ago in a clean up) or buy one from MBK in Bangkok.

Any link to where you can download a free and LICENSED version of Windows 10 that will still work and be licensed after a trial period?

Microsoft site is good to use

I bought a new Windows 7 pack and had it installed on a new laptop last year August.

Fully licensed, in a new sealed pack, cost 4,900 baht.

Also bought MS Office.

I am an oldie and not a techie.

Everything works fine except for an issue with a new HP printer that HP cannot solve. It's to do with versions ( year ) of Windows 7, a real pain as it affects margins when printing.

I bought the programs at Komtar in Khon Kaen

Hi StupidFarang, are you 4 computers commercial or personal? I think this matters.

Thank you for detailed reply above, appreciated.

gb33

Hi StupidFarang, are you 4 computers commercial or personal? I think this matters.

Thank you for detailed reply above, appreciated.

gb33

Hi, 4 computers used for business but this not a problem, can be commercial computer or home computer and microsoft has not asked the question when we downloaded from their site straight on to each com. There aim is to get as many computers using their software. I have been very impressed with W10 works great, also if you have some copied software on your computer it is not a problem. W10 will still work

Banana IT sell Windows 10, I don't know about 7 though.

Windows 10 is Free direct from Microsoft until July 2016 then they will start charging.

No it isn't.

Windows 10 is available for updating/upgrading an already licenced Windows operating system from 7 upwards.

Don't spread silliness...................wink.png

While Win10 is free to download (if you have Win xp or 7), the rollback expires in 30 days. If you don't like win10 after 30 days, it is a fresh reinstall of the old O/S and you'll loose all your programs.

If you don't mind to buy from a German website: hood.de.

Win7 professional, only licence-key by mail. Price is Eur 9,90. You can use paypal.

You have to download Win7 by yourself, a link is also provided in the mail.

By EU-law used software can be reselled. For me the licence-key worked but sometimes you may have to use the activation by telephone.

I am not sure if TVF-rules allow a direct link

https://www.hood.de/i/windows-7-pro-sp1-32-64-bit-oem-produktschluessel-kostenloses-upgrade-auf-win10--64256102.htmt

If you don't mind to buy from a German website: hood.de.

Win7 professional, only licence-key by mail. Price is Eur 9,90. You can use paypal.

You have to download Win7 by yourself, a link is also provided in the mail.

By EU-law used software can be reselled. For me the licence-key worked but sometimes you may have to use the activation by telephone.

I am not sure if TVF-rules allow a direct link

https://www.hood.de/i/windows-7-pro-sp1-32-64-bit-oem-produktschluessel-kostenloses-upgrade-auf-win10--64256102.htmt

9,90 € , Is that 9 Euros? they're practically giving it away