Bangkok Bank representatives still on this forum?

Maybe 3 years or so ago there were two westerners (that I knew of) on the forum who worked for Bangkok Bank and could assist with issues. I received such help once and the local bank manager in the small place where I live decided that I was well connected. He had to return that "mandatory" insurance premium that he nicked me for when I opened my new account with them. biggrin.png

I would like to deal with one of these people again but do not know if they still have a presence here.

You are thinking of Daveroc and ianguygil. And no, unfortunately they haven't been active on the forum for the last three years and haven't been replaced by anyone else working at Bangkok Bank.

Sophon

You are thinking of Daveroc and ianguygil. And no, unfortunately they haven't been active on the forum for the last three years and haven't been replaced by anyone else working at Bangkok Bank.

Sophon

You could always try PM'ing either or both of them.

Looking at their ThaiVisa profiles, they have not been active on ThaiVisa for 3 (or more) years as Sophon mentioned....and only one has a Send Me A Message link but I would be surprised if he would answer since he's no longer active on ThaiVisa as mentioned...probably don't even work at Bangkok Bank anymore. And if I remember right for an old post, one went back to his home country...and doubt the other one is in Thailand now either.

Besides, the questions being asked of them largely deteriorated into mostly bitching & moaning about banking and questions from those who didn't seem to want to talk to their branch....or use the Bangkok Bank Call/Help Number 1333 which has English speaking capability and works pretty good based on my usage over the years.

I last had contact with Ian on TV around July 2013. He hasn't come back since then. You can still attempt to reach out via PM or if you have his email.

I did reach out via email late Oct 2015 regarding some issue with someone's bank account having a special character in their name....preventing internet banking from doing transfers to their name. He replied pretty fast, so he does seem to be alive and kicking at the bank.

Yes, it is too bad that he does not come on the TV forum anymore. But then again like some of us, he has a real life to get back to and could not participate in some of the bitch-fests here.

Archived