Two Khon Kaen noodle shop owners summoned for attitude adjustment

webfact

All I can say is that if things keep going in the direction we are seeing it will be unwise to even make any negative comment regarding the current government.

No there will be an uprising, there is only so much sheeet people will stand for, but dont worry they will blame everyone else except themselves first and we will be in the firing line.

Especially those of us lving in villages with wells that made an ass of themselves in front of their neighbors. You guys probably go French revolution style. (sorry for making fun but i just don't take people seriously when they talk about an uprising it just wont happen) The only ones hurting are those who were previously in power.. can't say much has changed for those at ground level. Your all acting like we are in North Korea.

Here where I live the people are not caring that much.. they are happy though that there are no bombs going off and riots. The only way there will be an uprising if people are hurt in their wallet. The only ones who are hurt in their wallet are those who were connected to the previous thugs in power.

The ass has water 24/7 as he planned and spent on his supply whereas Somchai thought a shiny pick up more important, the village has it on twice a day morning and evening and theyre welcome to the black stuff that comes out the end..

U wait and see

All I can say is that if things keep going in the direction we are seeing it will be unwise to even make any negative comment regarding the current government.

Gee, you are sure a slow learner. It has only been the those exact same rules for about 22 months now, more or less.

It really worries me that many of the people arrested are very young 18 to 25 and old people such as a 59 year old woman.

This law was introduced in such a hurry and did not give people time to absorb the reality of the law. Usually new laws are discussed for a few years through parliament, which gives people time to mentally prepare for a new rule to follow. Even more confusing is there are new laws introduced almost every other week through section 44, so it becomes difficult to comprehend the value of the law.

Similar to printing so much money, the currency becomes meaningless.

I really think the government should give the public (especially very young and very old ) some time to fully comprehend a new law.

So for you the problem is not that people are forbidden to express their opinion, but that they have no time to adapt to the new restrictions. Interesting... :)

It really worries me that many of the people arrested are very young 18 to 25 and old people such as a 59 year old woman.

This law was introduced in such a hurry and did not give people time to absorb the reality of the law. Usually new laws are discussed for a few years through parliament, which gives people time to mentally prepare for a new rule to follow. Even more confusing is there are new laws introduced almost every other week through section 44, so it becomes difficult to comprehend the value of the law.

I really think the government should give the public (especially very young and very old ) some time to fully comprehend a new law.

So for you the problem is not that people are forbidden to express their opinion, but that they have no time to adapt to the new restrictions. Interesting... :)

I didn't say that.

I only mentioned the second problem that you pointed out.

I have not mentioned the first problem, lest I find myself arrested also. The military should give the people some time to settle in to the way the future is going to be after the constitution is approved by an overwhelming vote.

Your missing the point.. I am saying there wont be an armed rising like so many of the people are saying there will be. Not talking about the wrong or right of this situation.

As long as the normal people are not hit in their wallet nothing will happen. Sure a few political activist and people who are connected to the previous people in power are trying to stir up trouble but this is not mainstream. No matter how much you guys want it.. there wont be a reckoning there wont be violence. I dare to make a bet that this year there wont be a armed violent rising of people country wide. Do you want to take the bet ?

Just saying the majority does not really care.. even those of the PTP don't care enough to take the risks and rise. Sure a minority may.. but it just wont happen.

Sorry to disturb your dreams of a violent rising with blood in the streets and the PTP coming back that way.

There are three flaws in your argument. First, you are claiming you know what your Thai neighbors think. I wouldn't even dare to presume I know my wife's opinion on the subject matter, even after being together over 10 years (but I think I may have a good idea). Secondly, you seem to be unaware that they are already taking big hits on their wallets. I take it you don't do much of the grocery shopping, getting clothes for the kids, paying school fees, etc..Thirdly, and most worryingly, you persistently hold on to the long discounted notion that the Thai people's only alternative is hide-bound to Thaksin, PTP and all that went on before.

I am pretty sure that what you call 'normal people' is what I call the burgeoning Thai middle class. More educated than their forebears, mainly working in service, retail and manufacturing industries and with a new sense of both economic and political awareness. They also mostly live in Bangkok, its suburbs and other provincial cities and large towns.They have cars and condo's and maybe kids still at school. They most definitely are not the majority of farmers and fishermen but there are legions of the 'great unwashed' that finding themselves short-changed by Thaksin, are not exactly rushing to embrace what you allude to be the only viable alternative either. There's been a bit of a watershed in that regard.

Recently, and in line with previous alignments of public holidays and weekends, the incumbent in government house announced extended public and national holidays. He is buying these people's happiness. It's just about the only way he can keep the peace. This Songkran has been a fiscal disaster for Thailand and all those that sucked up the unpaid vacation largesse of the current governments faux benevolence will notice that when it is time to start paying the bills again.

It's these small things, these well-minded but ill-conceived 'gifts' to the people that will be a big contributor to the inevitable upheaval.

Edited by NanLaew

I don't think the point is that the people arrested are very young or old and that they did not have time to adjust or comprehend the "value" of the law. There is no value to the law except to shut up those who disagree with the junta. What could be more plain? Basically if one voices disagreement with the edicts of the junta, one gets an attitude adjustment.

Your missing the point.. I am saying there wont be an armed rising like so many of the people are saying there will be. Not talking about the wrong or right of this situation.

As long as the normal people are not hit in their wallet nothing will happen. Sure a few political activist and people who are connected to the previous people in power are trying to stir up trouble but this is not mainstream. No matter how much you guys want it.. there wont be a reckoning there wont be violence. I dare to make a bet that this year there wont be a armed violent rising of people country wide. Do you want to take the bet ?

Just saying the majority does not really care.. even those of the PTP don't care enough to take the risks and rise. Sure a minority may.. but it just wont happen.

Sorry to disturb your dreams of a violent rising with blood in the streets and the PTP coming back that way.

There are three flaws in your argument. First, you are claiming you know what your Thai neighbors think. I wouldn't even dare to presume I know my wife's opinion on the subject matter, even after being together over 10 years (but I think I may have a good idea). Secondly, you seem to be unaware that they are already taking big hits on their wallets. I take it you don't do much of the grocery shopping, getting clothes for the kids, paying school fees, etc..Thirdly, and most worryingly, you persistently hold on to the long discounted notion that the Thai people's only alternative is hide-bound to Thaksin, PTP and all that went on before.

I am pretty sure that what you call 'normal people' is what I call the burgeoning Thai middle class. More educated than their forebears, mainly working in service, retail and manufacturing industries and with a new sense of both economic and political awareness. They also mostly live in Bangkok, its suburbs and other provincial cities and large towns.They have cars and condo's and maybe kids still at school. They most definitely are not the majority of farmers and fishermen but there are legions of the 'great unwashed' that finding themselves short-changed by Thaksin, are not exactly rushing to embrace what you allude to be the only viable alternative either. There's been a bit of a watershed in that regard.

Recently, and in line with previous alignments of public holidays and weekends, the incumbent in government house announced extended public and national holidays. He is buying these people's happiness. It's just about the only way he can keep the peace. This Songkran has been a fiscal disaster for Thailand and all those that sucked up the unpaid vacation largesse of the current governments faux benevolence will notice that when it is time to start paying the bills again.

It's these small things, these well-minded but ill-conceived 'gifts' to the people that will be a big contributor to the inevitable upheaval.

You are right that I live around BKK and that these are more middle class, but I live in Nonthaburi (close to BKK) and this was a red stronghold until the floods.. it changed a lot after that (still reds in the village but no longer a majority). Everyone complained how YL mishandled it. Believe me it was a topic often discussed during and after the floods. (i lived through it and blame YL just as the people here did for not opening the dams before)

Anyway there have been some discussions again about politics and the people I spoke really liked this better as the bombs and other violence the reds threw at the anti government protests. (they were also happy those protests were done). But its logical of course that we like things that are a direct danger / inconvenience to us gone. We were close here to the action, i can understand that for others it was different.

I do enough shopping.. been divorced since last year.. so I know prices and knew them before I was always self sufficient and did my own stuff. Not one of those foreigners that need a wife to do everything for them. But your right no kids. I must say prices of veggies and meat have not changed that much. Eggs been the same for ages. Fuel has been a lot cheaper.. and most people use that. So in fact they are not hit that badly and there is still growth in the economy. (not a good growth but still).

Now do you see a violent uprising happening or not.. can we make a bet about it that nothing will happen in this year ?

Seriously the reds are beaten down and without money they won't rise. As long as there is nothing in it for them nobody will rise. There might be a few vocal reds (hoping to make a name and then next time profit from their name and join the people living of corruption). The army is firm in control.. and without some serious economic problems (like a real noticeable shrinkage of the economy) people will accept the status quo.

Do I agree with everything the junta does.. certainly not.... I like them a lot less than before. They should have done a far better job.. now with the generals nephew and stuff like that they look even more like fools. Though a 20k baht job does not rate high on my radar.. but its the idea that is wrong.

resisting the government.

VOGON GUARD:
Resistance is useless!

FORD:
You can shut up as well!

VOGON GUARD:
Resistance is useless!

FORD:
Oh, give it a rest! Do you really enjoy this sort of thing?

VOGON GUARD:
Resistance is……what d’ ya mean?

FORD:
I mean does it give you a full satisfying life? Stomping around, shouting, throwing people out of spaceships?

VOGON GUARD:
The hours are good.

FORD:
They’d have to be.

VOGON GUARD:
But now that you’ve come to mention it, I suppose much of the actual minutes are pretty lousy. Er, er. Except some of the shouting I quite like. Resistance is use-

FORD:
Yeah, sure, yes... You’re good at that I can tell… but if it’s mostly lousy, then why do you do it? What is it? The girls? The leather? The machismo?

VOGON GUARD:
I-I-I- I dunno…I-I-I... I think I, just sort of, do it really. He-uggh.

You are right that I live around BKK and that these are more middle class, but I live in Nonthaburi (close to BKK) and this was a red stronghold until the floods.. it changed a lot after that (still reds in the village but no longer a majority). Everyone complained how YL mishandled it. Believe me it was a topic often discussed during and after the floods. (i lived through it and blame YL just as the people here did for not opening the dams before)

Anyway there have been some discussions again about politics and the people I spoke really liked this better as the bombs and other violence the reds threw at the anti government protests. (they were also happy those protests were done). But its logical of course that we like things that are a direct danger / inconvenience to us gone. We were close here to the action, i can understand that for others it was different.

I do enough shopping.. been divorced since last year.. so I know prices and knew them before I was always self sufficient and did my own stuff. Not one of those foreigners that need a wife to do everything for them. But your right no kids. I must say prices of veggies and meat have not changed that much. Eggs been the same for ages. Fuel has been a lot cheaper.. and most people use that. So in fact they are not hit that badly and there is still growth in the economy. (not a good growth but still).

Now do you see a violent uprising happening or not.. can we make a bet about it that nothing will happen in this year ?

Seriously the reds are beaten down and without money they won't rise. As long as there is nothing in it for them nobody will rise. There might be a few vocal reds (hoping to make a name and then next time profit from their name and join the people living of corruption). The army is firm in control.. and without some serious economic problems (like a real noticeable shrinkage of the economy) people will accept the status quo.

Do I agree with everything the junta does.. certainly not.... I like them a lot less than before. They should have done a far better job.. now with the generals nephew and stuff like that they look even more like fools. Though a 20k baht job does not rate high on my radar.. but its the idea that is wrong.

Interested to read your take on the sentiments in your locale. I agree that it can vary between inner city, suburbia and the country and no doubt that the local impact of some ill-conceived government scheme can skew the view. We relocated from Udon about 5 years ago so we are out of touch with how the waning of Thaksin's direct influence is affecting that former very visible hotbed of activism. For her part, my wife was understandably of the red persuasion, but her hatred for Abhisit and his ilk was much more visible than any adulation for Thaksin. The current administration? I won't pretend to have an inside line on her precise thoughts on that lot but the television gets turned off most Friday evenings around 8. I would think there's probably a lot more that do the same and not just in the boonies.

My wife is the one that noted the price rises on the basic, unprocessed food stuffs as a restaurant owner who shops daily at local markets. Now we are talking about markets in Naklua and outside Pattaya so costs could be skewed by the fact that these markets supply more than the family table so there's a mark up of some kind for commercial or wholesale; should be mark down no?. She's not a bulk buyer as it's a small restaurant but she can't figure why fuel costs decrease but food costs increase despite the transport costs being less. Someone in that bit of the supply chain is hiving off the profits and not passing them on?

I am not a betting man but if I was, I wouldn't bet on some sort of insurrection NOT kicking off. Whether it ENDS with blood on the streets is a completely separate matter and there's really only one guy who can prevent that happening and he does NOT live in Dubai. Recalling the last 'heavy session' in Bangkok when there was huge surge of (literally) happy campers for Suthep's street parties that gradually got less attention and lost momentum as the hotter months prevailed. There was open debate on whether the hot weather would be a boon or a bust for such publicly unsanctioned (but unofficially condoned) orderly acts of public disorder. Whether the hot weather would cause those proverbial, unidentified 'hot heads' to materialize and turn the whole thing into something that required the military to intervene. Guess what happened? They intervened anyway.

Yes, the opposition as it was publicly portrayed as little as 3 years ago is a different animal these days. The endless conjuring up of Thaksin and his acolytes as the proverbial bogeymen has become risible. So what to do when that tool has lost its sharpness? A whole lot of disenfranchised and decently educated voters with a vested interest in this nations future are also waiting for the other shoe to drop. By the same token, I think it would be too much to say that there's been a quantum shift and 'me first' attitude is dead here.

I wonder what thaivisa will do when the pressure is put on to submit names.

I am sure they will comply.

the duo violated the computer crime law by posting messages in the social media which were deemed resisting the government.

So says a military organization that has repeatedly overthrown the Thai government.

Just as an aside, ... Isn't it a surprise how convenient the computer crime act has been for this junta? ... Given that it was written by the last junta... coffee1.gif

so says the guy who wished everyone could have the flooding (from memory) seeing as you want to drag up old topicstongue.png

so says the guy who wished everyone could have the flooding (from memory) seeing as you want to drag up old topicstongue.png

You have misunderstood what I wanted.. anyway that is an old topic.. but it affected how people here viewed YL that is why i brought it up.

Interested to read your take on the sentiments in your locale. I agree that it can vary between inner city, suburbia and the country and no doubt that the local impact of some ill-conceived government scheme can skew the view. We relocated from Udon about 5 years ago so we are out of touch with how the waning of Thaksin's direct influence is affecting that former very visible hotbed of activism. For her part, my wife was understandably of the red persuasion, but her hatred for Abhisit and his ilk was much more visible than any adulation for Thaksin. The current administration? I won't pretend to have an inside line on her precise thoughts on that lot but the television gets turned off most Friday evenings around 8. I would think there's probably a lot more that do the same and not just in the boonies.

My wife is the one that noted the price rises on the basic, unprocessed food stuffs as a restaurant owner who shops daily at local markets. Now we are talking about markets in Naklua and outside Pattaya so costs could be skewed by the fact that these markets supply more than the family table so there's a mark up of some kind for commercial or wholesale; should be mark down no?. She's not a bulk buyer as it's a small restaurant but she can't figure why fuel costs decrease but food costs increase despite the transport costs being less. Someone in that bit of the supply chain is hiving off the profits and not passing them on?

I am not a betting man but if I was, I wouldn't bet on some sort of insurrection NOT kicking off. Whether it ENDS with blood on the streets is a completely separate matter and there's really only one guy who can prevent that happening and he does NOT live in Dubai. Recalling the last 'heavy session' in Bangkok when there was huge surge of (literally) happy campers for Suthep's street parties that gradually got less attention and lost momentum as the hotter months prevailed. There was open debate on whether the hot weather would be a boon or a bust for such publicly unsanctioned (but unofficially condoned) orderly acts of public disorder. Whether the hot weather would cause those proverbial, unidentified 'hot heads' to materialize and turn the whole thing into something that required the military to intervene. Guess what happened? They intervened anyway.

Yes, the opposition as it was publicly portrayed as little as 3 years ago is a different animal these days. The endless conjuring up of Thaksin and his acolytes as the proverbial bogeymen has become risible. So what to do when that tool has lost its sharpness? A whole lot of disenfranchised and decently educated voters with a vested interest in this nations future are also waiting for the other shoe to drop. By the same token, I think it would be too much to say that there's been a quantum shift and 'me first' attitude is dead here.

I have been going to markets for basic foodstuff all the time and I havent seen big shifts in price. Eggs I am 100% sure about.. other veggies not as much as it varies per season. So I can't recall those and because I don't ever economize on food the price is not always the main thing for me. Quality is.

I am still betting it wont happen unless people are really hurt in their wallet. Can't change that view.. especially after seeing time and again that the reds need to be paid to protest. This article proves the same, so as long as the risk reward factor is too high it wont happen. The military is playing for keeps and will keep them off the streets.

We will see who of us is right and who is wrong, I dislike the current government a lot more as when it just came to power but i still love it that they are finally keeping the peace and going after the corruption in the PTP. It would have been better if they were clean themselves (they are not I hate the nepotism that they have shown). But at least some people get punished for corruption and in my book that is still better as none at all. In the time of the reds they went after corruption within the democrats. Its always like this here.. the ones in power go after their political adversaries. At least this means that when there is a regime change people get punished and i prefer that over no punishment.

Keeping the peace in the small areas within Bangkok effected by the protestors, the remainder of the country , before,during and after the protests cracked on with their daily lives,oblivious to what went on in Bangkok, including the people down in the South who are still being shot, bombed and attacked on a weekly basis, despite a change in Regime.

A man is only as good as his word, and the PM has spoken with "forked tongue" on so many occasions now, that his credibility of doing something good, has all but waned.