TripAdvisor profiting from 'cruel' animal entertainment

phuketandsee

FYI. I just did a review on a hotel where I was seriously attacked by bed bugs. They sent me another email asking to verify if the info was correct. Seems it's been posted now. Good job!!

Was it a hotel sold by Viator?

FYI. I just did a review on a hotel where I was seriously attacked by bed bugs. They sent me another email asking to verify if the info was correct. Seems it's been posted now. Good job!!

Was it a hotel sold by Viator?

It has the ability to be booked directly with TA/Booking.com.

I just posted a comment on TA advising someone who was planning a trip to Koh Tao to steer clear as it was a dangerous place. My comment was removed.

Here's my negative review of Khao Sok NP:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297917-d455332-r207249263-Khao_Sok_National_Park-Surat_Thani_Surat_Thani_Province.html#REVIEWS

I just posted a comment on TA advising someone who was planning a trip to Koh Tao to steer clear as it was a dangerous place. My comment was removed.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297917-d455332-r207249263-Khao_Sok_National_Park-Surat_Thani_Surat_Thani_Province.html#REVIEWS

I think what he is trying to say is: a review like this would not be published if it were not a general Khao Sok review, but a review of one of the Khao Sok trips offered via Viator.

Edited by stevenl

I perhaps could see that. You could make the same comment about all of Thailand. Probably all of Asia. And parts of the US and Europe. Maybe because it was a blanket statement they just hid it?

My comment was in response to someone who recommended going there. I forgot to recommend a blanket though :)

I think what he is trying to say is: a review like this would not be published if it were not a general Khao Sok review, but a review of one of the Khao Sok trips offered via Viator.

That will be the true test!

As a former mod here, I'd also remove a generic post saying all of Koh Tao was dangerous. I've been many times and never had a problem. I also don't frequent bars late at night.

I didn't say "all" of it was dangerous. But how is this any different to saying "go to Koh Tao, it's beautiful"? It's just a matter of opinion in either case.

As a former mod here, I'd also remove a generic post saying all of Koh Tao was dangerous. I've been many times and never had a problem. I also don't frequent bars late at night.

But how is this any different to saying "go to Koh Tao, it's beautiful"? It's just a matter of opinion in either case.

It's different in that one statement helps generate revenue, the other does not.

But how is this any different to saying "go to Koh Tao, it's beautiful"? It's just a matter of opinion in either case.

It's different in that one statement helps generate revenue, the other does not.

Finally you get the point!

Finally you get the point!

I got point all along. Generating revenue is not a conflict of interest.

One is a generic statement that may or may not be true. Koh Tao is not an inherently dangerous place. Stay out of the bars and you are OK.

The other generic statement is true. Koh Tao is beautiful. It has nothing to do with revenue. I can see how they might hide that comment.

Plus, we've not seen the comment in it's entirety. It might have had some verbiage other than what's been reported.

"I got point all along. Generating revenue is not a conflict of interest."
Generating income for one business by censoring comments on another that professes to offer independent reviews/advice is most certainly a conflict of interest.
Edited by phuketandsee

"One is a generic statement that may or may not be true. Koh Tao is not an inherently dangerous place. Stay out of the bars and you are OK.

The other generic statement is true. Koh Tao is beautiful. It has nothing to do with revenue. I can see how they might hide that comment.

Plus, we've not seen the comment in it's entirety. It might have had some verbiage other than what's been reported".

My comment, in its entirety, was "I would stay away from Koh Tao, it is a dangerous place." This is my opinion just as Koh Tao being beautiful is your opinion. I've been to many places others have said are "beautiful" that I have thought were not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder remember and is never inherent.

Generating income for one business by censoring comments on another that professes to offer independent reviews/advice is most certainly a conflict of interest.

I think you may be confusing "conflict of interest" with unethical.

Generating revenue is in both companies best interest.

Ok, you win. I give up.

Ok, you win. I give up.

It takes a good man to admit when he's wrong. Good for you.

Ok, you win. I give up.

I'm not admitting I'm wrong. I'm just not wasting any more time arguing with you.

Ok, you win. I give up.

I'm not admitting I'm wrong. I'm just not wasting any more time arguing with you.

Once a guy figures out he's wrong he always "gives up" and is suddenly short of time.