UK Visa Application Form unclear

Hi all,

I need one question answered if possible.

On the section for Income / Expenditure they seem to want some values in pounds (£) and where they haven't mentioned pounds there is no mention of baht either. I am thinking income and expenditure should be in baht and details about the cost of trip in pounds (£).

Thanks

Edited by Bountyhuntr

In the guidance notes that accompany the application form the UKVI just say that you should reference the appropriate currency, so I think you're safe to go with your assumption that income and expenditure of the applicant would be in in Baht, that's what her evidence would show, whilst the cost of the trip would be in GBP.

Please state which currency e.g. US Dollars or UK Pounds Sterling.

Ok thanks PeeJay,

@theoldgit could you link me to the guidance notes? I don't remember reading that part.

In thai translation where pounds (£) was not mentioned it said it should be in £. Quite a horrible application form to be honest, very poor.

Thanks, I never seen this mentioned anywhere on the website? You know the url?

Also, the expenditure stated it should be in pounds (£) in the thai translation, so only salary is in thai baht. What do you think I should do? I would re-write it if I could see the previous info and copy it,

I've just done the yearly application for the Mrs. I put Thai Baht where it doesn't specify GBP. Still it's not a very good form. How you supposed to know how much you will spend?!

Has anyone noticed it doesn't mention having to get a passport photo anymore? Any update on this, is it not required anymore?

Thanks theoldgit, I meant a page that links to it when you complete the application, I didn't see a link to it when I was doing it.

I have put the income from salary in thai baht, i.e 25 000. Everything else is in pounds (£), even the expenditure because it says it thai translation it should be in pounds (£) but not in the English.

Should I write it all again or what do you think?

Has anyone noticed it doesn't mention having to get a passport photo anymore? Any update on this, is it not required anymore?

When my GF applied for her Settlement visa a couple of months ago they took a new shot of her to use on her visa if her application was successful. They returned the photo she supplied.

As far as the money is concerned in the employment and income section you can type Baht after the figure. Under income and expenditure it specifies GBP. I just checked the first VV application that we did.

When my GF applied for her Settlement visa a couple of months ago they took a new shot of her to use on her visa if her application was successful. They returned the photo she supplied.

As far as the money is concerned in the employment and income section you can type Baht after the figure. Under income and expenditure it specifies GBP. I just checked the first VV application that we did.

Just noticed on the website that from immediate effect there is no need to submit a passport photo if you are giving biometric data.

Thank you for the help everyone.

I read on the post from 7by7 that it is accepted to edit the application form after it has printed; I might add the words "baht" and the equivalent in pounds (£) for the salary part.

This is ok?

Thanks again.

EDIT: also on the post there is a sponsorship letter, https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sponsor-a-visa-applicant-form-su07.

Do I need to fill this in?

Edited by Bountyhuntr

I read on the post from 7by7 that it is accepted to edit the application form after it has printed; I might add the words "baht" and the equivalent in pounds (£) for the salary part.

If your salary is in Baht, I wouldn't make the amendment on the hard copy, if your salary is in GBP you could if you wanted to.

also on the post there is a sponsorship letter, https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sponsor-a-visa-applicant-form-su07.

No, you don't, it doesn't apply in your case.

If your salary is in Baht, I wouldn't make the amendment on the hard copy, if your salary is in GBP you could if you wanted to.

also on the post there is a sponsorship letter, https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sponsor-a-visa-applicant-form-su07.

No, you don't, it doesn't apply in your case.

Thanks again oldgit.

The only reason for wanting to change the salary part is that it is the only part in baht with expenditure being in pounds (£) as requested in the thai translation.

One last question, I can request the visa to be valid fro ma different date to my planned visit date? For example, my intended travel date would be 15th May, if application is returned beofre, I can request to be issued for May 12th for example?

Thanks again.

One last question, I can request the visa to be valid fro ma different date to my planned visit date? For example, my intended travel date would be 15th May, if application is returned beofre, I can request to be issued for May 12th for example?

Yes, you can, but why would you want to?

The visas used to valid from the date they were issued, though that seems to have changed.

You are cutting it a bit fine either way, I seem to recall that your girlfriends appointment is today, the application wouldn't get to the UKVI until Monday, they have to process it, with all the others, and get it back to the VFS office.

She might be lucky - good luck.

The visas used to valid from the date they were issued, though that seems to have changed.

You are cutting it a bit fine either way, I seem to recall that your girlfriends appointment is today, the application wouldn't get to the UKVI until Monday, they have to process it, with all the others, and get it back to the VFS office.

The date of travel on the application form is estimated, there is no flights booked so it is not guaranteed. This is if I chose to go on an earlier date.

The May 12th date is an example date. I think the turn around time for receiving the visa is 99% in 10 days according to the website (I guess this means total 10 days, or if 10 working days it's still 2 weeks).

The date of travel on the application form is estimated, there is no flights booked so it is not guaranteed. This is if I chose to go on an earlier date.

The May 12th date is an example date. I think the turn around time for receiving the visa is 99% in 10 days according to the website (I guess this means total 10 days, or if 10 working days it's still 2 weeks).

Usually visa turnaround for visitor visa is around 2-3 weeks in my experience. We dropped our application of this morning and will expect passport to be delivered at our home within 3 weeks. Edited by DMC1
  • Like 1

Usually visa turnaround for visitor visa is around 2-3 weeks in my experience. We dropped our application of this morning and will expect passport to be delivered at our home within 3 weeks.

It's currently a lot quicker. My girlfriend's visa was issued within 4 working days.

• Like 1