Afraid/Smart

Teak

I have been back and forth since 1986.

I understand that finding the best pizza in Chiengmai, regardless if the 'Thai/ Anglo' pronunciation of the city comes closest is more important to you..

The pronunciation of the cities name is irrelevant to this topic.

Some of you older farts/gentlemen, as i am, please, remember Mr Suchinda....... do some research, if you do not know. where was he from? What did really happen ? I honestly, never understood this, I watched it on TV. He was a military dictator and agreed/forced to come before the King and ...he stepped down. He controlled the army, he killed many people and he voluntarily stepped down from absolute power to honour the King.

Suchinda Krapyoon is someone worth learning about. Certainly a 'bad guy', but, worth learning about. History repeats itself. We are not smart enough to remember...'we' should have learned the lessons taught to us from the Viet Nam war. Others should learn from Mr Suchinda....but, it won't happen, each generation lives within it's own vacuum.

Forget this cultural difference crap. we just do the same damned stuff over and over again......regardless of culture. We do not get smarter...we just become trickier monkeys.

my best regards ............Ken

CLOSED

AS IT INVITES THE OPPORTUNITY TO POSSIBLY CONTRAVENE RULE 1 FOR THE FORUM RULES.

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.