is Thailand a good place to find true love?

2road

I haven't met too many farangs in Thailand who are "intellectually curious." Do you guys even know what that means? Talking with your mates about stuff that you know and are interested in is not intellectual curiosity.

I think you have a very limited understanding of this country's culture and its education system.

There is a very good reason why many westerners observe that Thais are not "intellectually curious". It's because, on the whole, they're not.

The average westerner here in Thailand has a degree of curiosity that makes Thais, by comparison, seem like naive little children.

Try dropping your apologist act and perhaps you'll see the bigger picture.

Most farangs that I meet mostly want to talk about things that they know and understand, nothing beyond that.

You need to meet some new foreigners.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also would concur that that's true, based on my experience with regular, "educated" Thai women, not those in the bar and such industry.

However, I don't think intellectual curiosity and love/caring necessarily have any correlation with each other. A person can be lacking in the first quality and still have plenty of the second quality, IMHO.

I haven't met too many farangs in Thailand who are "intellectually curious." Do you guys even know what that means? Talking with your mates about stuff that you know and are interested in is not intellectual curiosity.

I guess it's a vague term, but to me it's always meant being interested in other people and things. Wanting to know new things for the sake of knowing. I don't feel this from Thais very often.

I read an article once where a guy was talking about how all these Thai women he spoke to wasn't the least bit interested to know anything about him. Instead of seeing the obvious (that these women simply weren't interested in him), he decides to label them as not being intellectually curious. That's usually the context of where this term is used.

And some people dont see how much they've lowered themselves intellectually to connect with Thais.

I think you have a very limited understanding of this country's culture and its education system.

There is a very good reason why many westerners observe that Thais are not "intellectually curious". It's because, on the whole, they're not.

The average westerner here in Thailand has a degree of curiosity that makes Thais, by comparison, seem like naive little children.

Try dropping your apologist act and perhaps you'll see the bigger picture.

Your ignorance is breathtaking. Most westerners who bring up intellectual curiosity don't even know what it means. For example, a foreigner who comes to Thailand and is genuinely intellectually curious would be interested to learn not only the language, but the culture, value system, history, beliefs, and all manner of information related to their chosen home. Do you know many farangs like that? I think not. There's nothing wrong with that, but it just means they lack intellectual curiosity. Most farangs that I meet mostly want to talk about things that they know and understand, nothing beyond that.

Next time you decide to chime in, at least have a clue of what you're talking about. Otherwise, you come across as a total buffoon.

I see now you're a bigger idiot that I first thought.

Do me a favour -- piss off and creep round someone else.

You're the one stalking me you sick pervert. It's not my problem that you're dumber than dirt. If you can't handle the truth, don't respond to my posts.

Your ignorance is breathtaking. Most westerners who bring up intellectual curiosity don't even know what it means. For example, a foreigner who comes to Thailand and is genuinely intellectually curious would be interested to learn not only the language, but the culture, value system, history, beliefs, and all manner of information related to their chosen home. Do you know many farangs like that? I think not. There's nothing wrong with that, but it just means they lack intellectual curiosity. Most farangs that I meet mostly want to talk about things that they know and understand, nothing beyond that.

Next time you decide to chime in, at least have a clue of what you're talking about. Otherwise, you come across as a total buffoon.

You're the one stalking me you sick pervert. It's not my problem that you're dumber than dirt. If you can't handle the truth, don't respond to my posts.

That's really boosted your credibility. Fabricus was eroding his reputation but with one brief stream of bile, you've built him up to be the sensible one in this bickerfest. Your ability to help your fellow man at your own expense marks you out as a true Christian, whatever your faith Edited by StreetCowboy

Hi,

I have been living in Thailand for several months, in Pattaya,

To be precise and I love the country.

One thing that I cant find is a lady for a long term relationship,

I had a lot of sex but never found real love, a lady genuinly

interested in being with me; (I am 42 years old, in shape, decently attractive.)

The majority of the ladies that I met so far here in Patthaya seems to

be interested to obtain financial help. The other few that i

dated could not speak english and I felt uncomfortable

and bored after a while.

The ladies holding a regular job in shops,

markets, pharmacy etc seems to be not intersted in

a conversation/accepting my advances: it could be the

language barrier as many dont speak english, have already

a farang boyfriend or it could be

that Patthaya is the wrong town to flirt as a "farang " has

maybe a bad reputation .i dont know.

I am almost at the point of giving up looking for

a girfriend and I am considering moving to another place, maybe an english

speaking country like the Philippines.

But I want to ask the forum : has anyone left Thailand and

found better luck finding love somwhere else? Or what city

in Thailand have you find a long term gf or wife?

Thank you

If you want to find true love get out of Pattaya. Try bangkok or South Thailand. Stay away from isaan as many of those girls would want financial help

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi,

interested in being with me; (I am 42 years old, in shape, decently attractive.)

and bored after a while.

Thank you

If you want to find true love get out of Pattaya. Try bangkok or South Thailand. Stay away from isaan as many of those girls would want financial help

Every girl wants financial help, or needs it. The problem with Isan girls is they're too trained to think foreigners are walking ATMs, mostly bc that's what they've observed their whole lives. They seem to have a smug attitude towards us and assume we're stupid due to the fact that so many of us get played by and/or pay to have sex with their rejects. Either way, they're all over Thailand, so you need to ask a lot of questions. It seems like many of em are realizing we're cautious around them now. Some even try to disguise their background.

Hi,

and bored after a while.

Thank you

Every girl wants financial help, or needs it. The problem with Isan girls is they're too trained to think foreigners are walking ATMs, mostly bc that's what they've observed their whole lives. They seem to have a smug attitude towards us and assume we're stupid due to the fact that so many of us get played by and/or pay to have sex with their rejects. Either way, they're all over Thailand, so you need to ask a lot of questions. It seems like many of em are realizing we're cautious around them now. Some even try to disguise their background.
Not true. I've been in relationships with many girls who weren't interested in my money, all these girls were educated and none of them were from isaan.

Hi,

and bored after a while.

Thank you

Not true. I've been in relationships with many girls who weren't interested in my money, all these girls were educated and none of them were from isaan.

I'm just saying women like security. Nothing wrong with it. Normal, in fact. But You think those same women would be into you if you worked at 7-Eleven?

That's really boosted your credibility. Fabricus was eroding his reputation but with one brief stream of bile, you've built him up to be the sensible one in this bickerfest. Your ability to help your fellow man at your own expense marks you out as a true Christian, whatever your faith

Yeah, you're probably right. I shouldn't let these little cockroaches get under my skin. Such as it is.

I have got an answer!

Thailand not, in many ways, different from the whole world!

Read what has been posted about "Are Thais actually capable of "Love" Western Style

So answer to your question is NO (qualified by Where Is?)!!

Are you a good place to find "True Love"??

Go home. Start again!!

"True love" is the fantasy of children and those who have failed to move past their childhood. Real love is the product of years of work, shared responsibility and mutual affection. Everyone, everywhere is capable of that - though many seem to choose not to rise to the challenge.

I think anyone that thinks they can go some place to find true love is doomed to disappointment. (Edit) if you're lucky- You will find true love in the last place you look, or, more likely, after you give up looking.

Notwithstanding the previous comment on the fallacy of "true love" versus 'real love'

Edited by StreetCowboy

• 2 weeks later...