Brussels airport departure hall reopens after terror attacks

webfact

Brussels airport departure hall reopens after terror attacks

"Brussels is back in business...Welcome to Brussels Airport!"

606x341_331522.jpg

BRUSSELS: -- Brussels Airport departure hall partially reopened to passengers on Sunday, less than six weeks after ISIL suicide bombers struck there.

“Brussels is back in business…Welcome to Brussels Airport!” declared Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel, making a speech at a ceremony to mark the occasion.

The reopening comes after repair teams worked relentlessly to restore a large part of the departure hall.

Sunday’s development was described by Brussels airport authorities as ‘an important and hopeful moment’,raising capacity at the site to 80 percent of the passengers it was handling before the bloodshed.

Temporary structures set up after the attacks will continue to be used for now.

The aim is to have the airport fully operational with 100 percent capacity by mid-June.

Two suicide attackers detonated suitcase bombs in the departure hall on March 22. Shortly afterwards, another bomber blew himself up on a metro train in the city. In all, they killed 32 people.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-02

Maybe if they stuck to the Legal Carry On Bag Size they wouldn't have 2 suitcases, like this guy has got, that could be full of TNT? Most of the places I have been there in No Way these 2 suitcases could get through as Carry On.

Maybe if they stuck to the Legal Carry On Bag Size they wouldn't have 2 suitcases, like this guy has got, that could be full of TNT? Most of the places I have been there in No Way these 2 suitcases could get through as Carry On.

I'm very sure those 2 travel together because i can see 3 bags what looks very similar. So 2 peoples mean 2 suitcases and 1 handbag what the lady haves.

Secondly every bag what comes in the airport now is already checked outside. That is why today the peoples have to cue up more then 3 hours before they could get inside the airport. And many lost there flight because of this.

And all this because the police and security are scared. After the bombs they responded with luggage checkings outside the airport because they are the first in line if a bomb should go off.

Like now it is more safe?! They just put the "problem" 50 m or so further away and they are still first in line because they still check the luggage themself.

So i wonder where this will end if even the police and security are already scared and only think about themself.

What do we, "common" peoples need to do then. They should be here to protect us.