New student group asks CSD to probe motive of Ja New’s activist group

webfact

They may be stooges but I bet they are right about the financial backing.

not according to any information provided by the student activists, ... or anyone else for that matter... except the junta and their "it's confidential" BS.

Not buying it, sorry but I do not believe for one minute him and his group are not backed by someone with money.

I'm no fan of those who stand against free speech and democratic choice, but I don't trust this guy either.

Everyone and everything in this country are backed by someone financially, including this new 'rival' student group. However, that doesn't mean that the message they are trying to get across is wrong, at least in case of janew. In case of this new group, they can kiss Prayuth's ass for all I care, but they do not love Thailand or it's people that much is absolutely certain.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not according to any information provided by the student activists, ... or anyone else for that matter... except the junta and their "it's confidential" BS.

Not buying it, sorry but I do not believe for one minute him and his group are not backed by someone with money.

I'm no fan of those who stand against free speech and democratic choice, but I don't trust this guy either.

Trust? Now there's a word used so loosely under the current situation in Thailand. Trust.... like when someone says they are not interested in running the country? like when someone states "I will not stage a coup" ?

You don't think that Prayuth and those behind the coup had backers ? You don't think for one minute financial incentives were not handed down to all of those officers who said "Yes, we will back you up"

Are you that naive that to stage a coup, it's an intricate military operation on a need to know basis, that takes a considerable amount of planning and then and staged by people you can "Trust" ?

Trust is an word that is abused by everyone in authority and power on a daily basis.

If the other group is not backed they will probably put them in trial for defamation.

About the backing of the Ja Group : I don't know how you were when you were student, but I participated in a lot of strikes and I wasn't backed by anything except my ideas and willing of changes...but for some here it seems the freedom of speech means nothing for thai students! I bet you and the "we love the Junta, daddy, Nation" can't believe they have free will

Agree. I was involved in civil rights demonstrations (with my Dad), and a few anti- war protests as a college student. The organizations were run on " shoestring" budgets, and 99.9% of the participants were volunteers, mostly fueled by their passion for a cause.

Humans are largely the same everywhere. Some people will sacrifice their well being and risk arrest for the sake of their beliefs.

The trope that everyone is just in it for the money is factually wrong, and a sad indicator of a bankrupt philosophy of human endeavour.

Sorry, just seen to much proof that people are in it for the money.. here and back home. Even big charities are not free of this. So I keep my negative view and will say there are far more people who are in it for the money then for the sake of beliefs and that is even more so in Thai politics.

Trust? Now there's a word used so loosely under the current situation in Thailand. Trust.... like when someone says they are not interested in running the country? like when someone states "I will not stage a coup" ?

You don't think that Prayuth and those behind the coup had backers ? You don't think for one minute financial incentives were not handed down to all of those officers who said "Yes, we will back you up"

Are you that naive that to stage a coup, it's an intricate military operation on a need to know basis, that takes a considerable amount of planning and then and staged by people you can "Trust" ?

Trust is an word that is abused by everyone in authority and power on a daily basis.

You mean like someone said no corruption in the rice program.. and no bad rice ? no fake g2g deals.. you mean that kind of trust ?

Everyone and everything in this country are backed by someone financially, including this new 'rival' student group. However, that doesn't mean that the message they are trying to get across is wrong, at least in case of janew. In case of this new group, they can kiss Prayuth's ass for all I care, but they do not love Thailand or it's people that much is absolutely certain.

Can you tell me where I said the message was wrong?

It's the messenger I distrust.

I have never once said any of those things are untrue.

My point is I don't think this guy is any better.

Seriously mate, com'on man,

OK well we will go down that beaten up road yet again, the boogie man in the Dubai, so in fairness and consistency one could also call for an investigation on the financial backing of this group, now who could that be??? Sauce for the goosewhistling.gif

So now tit for tat in over with, is it not a fair thing that there simply are students out there that do take interest in the country's politics and not just paid stooges?

You really think he's not being financed? That's naive in the extreme.

I don't recall mentioning the fugitive criminal in my post though. I wasn't referring to him at all.

But I don't think this ja new is doing this on his own. He has backers.

I'm not saying what he's doing is wrong but I'm not dumb enough to believe he is free from certain influences/friends and financiers.

Also I expressed no support for this new group either, I merely acknowledged the truth in the post [#4} above mine.

Ok let have it your way, he is being backed financially, now what? now is his cause is less legitimate?

I mean the political students that are dragged off for AA they are only in it for the cash and not a personal political view?

This new lot of students have just as much right as the others but to call out one side and claim they are being backed financially and then not apply the same scrutiny to the second group is IMO not consistent. cheers

You mean like someone said no corruption in the rice program.. and no bad rice ? no fake g2g deals.. you mean that kind of trust ?

No rob, not that kind of trust. As those people could be voted out of office. The current lot is the subject of his post, and sadly, those people cannot be voted out of office. The but Thaksin, as usual is completely inappropriate and off topic.

Fear not, if they get the draft constitution voted in, they don't really have a need to stage a coup, their appointed senate will ensure that. We will get a government voted in by an electoral majority, that can be voted out by 200 appointed senators. That's what is called progress correct ?

Meanwhile the filling of coffers continues unabated, this time coffers already full of extortion and corruption money...

You can bet what you like mate but don't you think the millions of people who voted the previous govt into power are capable of expressing a few contrary opinions without being financed by a certain person. It's not as though there has been mass protests like we got from Suthep and co.

So far all I've heard are a few mutterings about the charter, some opinions on social media and a few students going to a park on a train to investigate suspected corruption.

Total outlay of a few thousand baht at the outside.

If the other group is not backed they will probably put them in trial for defamation.

About the backing of the Ja Group : I don't know how you were when you were student, but I participated in a lot of strikes and I wasn't backed by anything except my ideas and willing of changes...but for some here it seems the freedom of speech means nothing for thai students! I bet you and the "we love the Junta, daddy, Nation" can't believe they have free will

Agree. I was involved in civil rights demonstrations (with my Dad), and a few anti- war protests as a college student. The organizations were run on " shoestring" budgets, and 99.9% of the participants were volunteers, mostly fueled by their passion for a cause.

Humans are largely the same everywhere. Some people will sacrifice their well being and risk arrest for the sake of their beliefs.

The trope that everyone is just in it for the money is factually wrong, and a sad indicator of a bankrupt philosophy of human endeavour.

Sorry, just seen to much proof that people are in it for the money.. here and back home. Even big charities are not free of this. So I keep my negative view and will say there are far more people who are in it for the money then for the sake of beliefs and that is even more so in Thai politics.

And so I would ask you, do you believe in anything, that you would promote it and defend it, without any promise of compensation?

That doesn't mean the message should not be heard. It really does need to get out, as the longer those idiots remain in power, the more they will break. I don't really care whom gets the message across (with a great chance of jail time I might add, just ask Watana), as long as it does get across loud and clear.

First of all I see 7 persons on the photo,that means they should get an attitude adjustment,and second I wonder where they get the money from,ooops I forgot if you pro kim yong,hmm sorry pro junta then all is ok

Seriously mate, com'on man,

OK well we will go down that beaten up road yet again, the boogie man in the Dubai, so in fairness and consistency one could also call for an investigation on the financial backing of this group, now who could that be??? Sauce for the goosewhistling.gif

So now tit for tat in over with, is it not a fair thing that there simply are students out there that do take interest in the country's politics and not just paid stooges?

You really think he's not being financed? That's naive in the extreme.

I don't recall mentioning the fugitive criminal in my post though. I wasn't referring to him at all.

But I don't think this ja new is doing this on his own. He has backers.

I'm not saying what he's doing is wrong but I'm not dumb enough to believe he is free from certain influences/friends and financiers.

Also I expressed no support for this new group either, I merely acknowledged the truth in the post [#4} above mine.

Ok let have it your way, he is being backed financially, now what? now is his cause is less legitimate?

I mean the political students that are dragged off for AA they are only in it for the cash and not a personal political view?

This new lot of students have just as much right as the others but to call out one side and claim they are being backed financially and then not apply the same scrutiny to the second group is IMO not consistent. cheers

His message as I have now repeatadly said is fine by me. I just don't trust him. OK.

First of all I see 7 persons on the photo,that means they should get an attitude adjustment,and second I wonder where they get the money from,ooops I forgot if you pro kim yong,hmm sorry pro junta then all is ok

And where did I say I trust them anymore?

Please be exact now.

Precisely where?

Hurry up I'd like to see.

Don't delay.

I'm waiting.

That doesn't mean the message should not be heard. It really does need to get out, as the longer those idiots remain in power, the more they will break. I don't really care whom gets the message across (with a great chance of jail time I might add, just ask Watana), as long as it does get across loud and clear.

Never said the message shouldn't be heard.

You can bet what you like mate but don't you think the millions of people who voted the previous govt into power are capable of expressing a few contrary opinions without being financed by a certain person. It's not as though there has been mass protests like we got from Suthep and co.

So far all I've heard are a few mutterings about the charter, some opinions on social media and a few students going to a park on a train to investigate suspected corruption.

Where did I support any of the things you imply I do?

Oh yes, I'm not your mate.

You indeed never said that, however you casting doubt against the messenger, also influences the message. And incredibly naïve I might add, it's the way the game is played here, and for ages.

Edited by sjaak327

You can rest assured that with your views on this thread and others, I didn't use "Mate" as a term of endearment.

Regarding the "financing" idea.

Both Ja New and this new group look like they could easily run on a budget of 100 baht a day.

Although I could see this new group getting pretty upset if they don't get at least a cold coffee drink and decent WiFi at each meeting.

You indeed never said that, however you casting doubt against the messenger, also influences the message. And incredibly naïve I might add, it's the way the game is played here, and for ages.

Nope. The message is fine. The messenger has backers with their own agenda, it is naive to believe otherwise.

You can rest assured that with your views on this thread and others, I didn't use "Mate" as a term of endearment.

Then don't use it.

And where did I say I trust them anymore?

Please be exact now.

Precisely where?

Hurry up I'd like to see.

Don't delay.

I'm waiting.

Still waiting...

Ja New, along with other activists, have been doing this on their own. It's well documented. Only the junta, in it's own little thaksin-behind-every-tamarin-tree world says otherwise.

In addition, the Junta cannot afford to have the story line become one that "normal" people oppose the junta. Everything has to be laid at Thaksin's feet or else their house of cards comes tumbling down.

These guys, along with Dao Din, Resistant Citizen, and others, have been active for a while. The New Democracy Movement group were one of the main groups to point out, or try to point out, the corruption at corruption park. Remember that little gem of junta-transparency?

Ja New, along with other activists, have been doing this on their own. It's well documented. Only the junta, in it's own little thaksin-behind-every-tamarin-tree world says otherwise.

In addition, the Junta cannot afford to have the story line become one that "normal" people oppose the junta. Everything has to be laid at Thaksin's feet or else their house of cards comes tumbling down.

These guys, along with Dao Din, Resistant Citizen, and others, have been active for a while. The New Democracy Movement group were one of the main groups to point out, or try to point out, the corruption at corruption park. Remember that little gem of junta-transparency?

I keep saying I have no more faith in this new group or their backers.

You can trust ja new as much as you like, but I don't and when the current situation ends and pt [or whatever they call themselves next time round] emerge as electoral victors I fully expect to see him celebrating with the leadership.

Nope. The message is fine. The messenger has backers with their own agenda, it is naive to believe otherwise.

I think we established that a few posts ago. I personally have more faith in a side that I can vote out of office, than a side that takes power at gunpoint.

The sooner those human rights abusers are gone, the better, who gets the job done I don't really care.

And so I would ask you, do you believe in anything, that you would promote it and defend it, without any promise of compensation?

Certainly not Thai politics.. but even if I defended it.. as a non Thai national it would be hard for me to benefit from it. (unless of course I was a paid lobbyist) .

I believe in exercise and healthy living / diet to promote weight loss ? does that count ? No real causes myself here. (but with things like that its easy to find out if someone is making money out of it or not)

I keep saying I have no more faith in this new group or their backers.

You can trust ja new as much as you like, but I don't and when the current situation ends and pt [or whatever they call themselves next time round] emerge as electoral victors I fully expect to see him celebrating with the leadership.

Agreed if the PTP comes to power I can bet you that many of these activist will be rewarded with nice positions.. just look at what happened to Jattupron and the other PTP honchos that incited people to burn BKK.

I think we established that a few posts ago. I personally have more faith in a side that I can vote out of office, than a side that takes power at gunpoint.

The sooner those human rights abusers are gone, the better, who gets the job done I don't really care.

Human rights abusers?

Human rights are fundamental to a functioning democratic society and I agree no one should be deprived of them.

However in current climate I don't know of any faction that has a history of respecting them.

Edited by Bluespunk