Bangkok taxi driver only has himself to blame after being caught fleecing air hostess passenger

webfact

Asking for her number... flirting with someone he just massively ripped off? This guy must be really really dumb.

Sounds like my ex-wife, always flirting before she rips me off.

Or any bar girl for that matter.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they always try to cover their face?

More difficult to fleece in the future when your picture is all over the airport.

But why the police don't point the finger anymore?

I have had both experiences. A nice guy that go fined for picking me up at a "wrong spot". A crazy cabby lady hell bent on over charging me. And nice ubber driver who nearly got my iPhone 6 stolen by a police officer. Stepping onto the streets of Bangkok as a foreigner is always an adventure.

he had a stiffer punishment cos he fleeced a thai? Funny thing is why would a thai agree to the pricing with no meter?

We all have been there - we are working and have a busy schedule. Then we encounter the overly chatty taxi-driver. To shut him up we might pretend not to speak his first language and address him in English (as air crew, she would be able to speak English well). You agree to his terms because you are in a hurry - no meter etc. Then he overcharges you by 600%. You still don't have time to argue but you are sure to make a complaint if only you get the time and opportunity. Her sister deals with it and she gets a result.

well she agreed to his terms so how could she back out. It's not like he's the only taxi driver. Also thais speak thai to another thai to get things done. same as japs/chinese etc.

Hmmmm.

And who let him into the taxi cue system at the airport if he does not have a meter or a license, as pointed out in the OP.

Come to think of it, Now at the International airport arrival and taxi cue system they have improved the service where you take a ticket from 1 of 4 ticket dispensing machines while the ticket dispensing machine # 4 says Taxi Van Service while the other ticket dispensing machines # 1 and # 2 and # 3 are for the regular taxis.

There is a large and obvious sign in plain view that says everyone is required to pay a 50 baht airport service fee to be paid to the driver upon arrival at your destination....same as before.

There is only one person there at the ticket machines to help the passengers if they ask about something while the goons and touts and the people looking to scam you are not there anymore.

Then there are 40 Numbered parking spots for the taxis where the "registered" taxis can park and wait while the last 5 spots # 35 to # 40 are designated for Taxi Van Service only.

A better system ...right???...While I received my ticket number # 35 for Taxi Van Service and while I was walking towards the parking spot # 35 a taxi van pulls in and parks at spot # 35....and perfect timing.

I tell the old man where I want to go and he says yes and we load up the luggage and off we go.

Then I am looking for the meter and there is no meter to be seen ...so I ask him where is the meter and please turn it on.

The old guy, but a friendly old guy, tells me there is no meters in the Taxi Vans.

Fortunately after 28 years here I can speak Thai language more than well enough, so I tell him all the many times I have taken a cab from the international airport to my residence the meter cost is around or on average about 250 baht ...plus the 50 baht airport surcharge around 300 baht total.

So I told him I will give him 400 baht, plus the 50 baht surcharge because I was not about to argue with the old guy and have him refuse to take me and have a stand off...when we were already in the cab and going out and on to the highway ramp.

The old guy pointed out ( as his argument and defense ) that none of the taxis vans have meters ( or so he claimed ) and the idea of a taxi van is the convenience of all the extra room to carry excess luggage and more passengers....Yada Yada Yada...

Anyhow, he politely agreed to 400 baht and thanked me while saying that my offer was fair enough while he said you speak Thai well ...which I don't really, but more than well enough to have most Thai people thinking I speak it well and or more than other foreigners they have met.

Meantime...hanging off the back side of the passenger side front seat I see a big plastic covered information card swinging away in obvious view stating the cost of the No Meter Taxi service for various designations around the city.

The lowest stated price was 800 baht while the highest price was 1500 baht depending on the distances involved to any passengers destination.

A rip off for sure.

So now, they have eliminated all the touts and menacing goons that used to hang about the passenger pick up area but they still find a way to rip off the unaware passengers....they always do...somehow, someway

Just to let you know while I do not know if all of the Taxi Vans are pulling the same rip off or just the Taxi Van Service that I ended up using.

I am not complaining .....just letting the readers know that before you get into the Taxi Van or next time you get a Taxi Van Service ( by way of the New system at the Airport that is supposed to eliminate rip offs ) ...look first for the meter or ask about the meter ...BEFORE you load up your luggage and everyone into the Van to find out there is no Meter and the lowest transportation charge is 800 baht....and und up arguing with a surly Taxi cab driver that may pull out a baseball bat and use it on you.

Cheers

Was he drunk when he fleeced the hostess?

I am pretty sure that it was the alcohol who made him do that.

Otherwise, a Thai would never do such thing.

Don't worry khun Watchana.

Just say that you are sorry and make a big "Wai" and you will be back in your taxi in no time.

Unfortunately, you are 100% correct. This scum bag will be out and doing his old tricks in no time ...

Zero consequences, Zero accountability - that's what Thailand is all about ....

Published on May 2, 2016

Police in collaboration with the Department of Transport and the DMK will. Rally 31 years old chauffeur, taxi service without a meter.

A passenger from the flight attendant girl from Don does the Department of Consular Road 1200 baht find

registration was canceled by a fine of 2000 baht room license one month fined the owner of 10,000 baht taxi driver apologized society insists

it will not do much more

http:. //morning-news.bectero.com/socia ... ------------------------- morning (morning News) 03 พฤษภาคม 2559. track news before anyone got heremorning News. com. : Http://morning-news.bectero.com facebook: Https://www.facebook.com/MorningNewsTV3 Twitter:Https://twitter.com/MorningNewsTV3.

Do you need it more clearly?

License removed for 1 month and 10.000 baht fine.

Don't get it.

No Taximeter.

No Driver ID in Dashboard stand.

How in h@)) can they take away his Taxi license when he was operating in a taxi WITHOUT a Taxi meter??? OR ID on dashboard???

Was he drunk when he fleeced the hostess?

I am pretty sure that it was the alcohol who made him do that.

Otherwise, a Thai would never do such thing.

Don't worry khun Watchana.

Just say that you are sorry and make a big "Wai" and you will be back in your taxi in no time.

...I wish I knew about 'wai's in my country growing up..would have saved me at least a 100 kicks up the bum and clips around the 'eart-hole'.

he had a stiffer punishment cos he fleeced a thai? Funny thing is why would a thai agree to the pricing with no meter?

We all have been there - we are working and have a busy schedule. Then we encounter the overly chatty taxi-driver. To shut him up we might pretend not to speak his first language and address him in English (as air crew, she would be able to speak English well). You agree to his terms because you are in a hurry - no meter etc. Then he overcharges you by 600%. You still don't have time to argue but you are sure to make a complaint if only you get the time and opportunity. Her sister deals with it and she gets a result.
I use Don Mueang upwards of a dozen times a year and have found that very few of the Thai air hostesses can speak English, usually only the one per flight, and of course the cockpit crew.

That hat is bloody hilarious, they might just have well put a bag over his head. The interviewing officer was looking into the hat with his questions. And the funniest thing. The cop held up the drivers ID card looked at it then just looked at the hat with its big peak and carried on . The RTP are so efficient. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

If she was due on another flight, why did she leave the airport?. No doubt there was a reason. Just curious.

Read the report again, but i will help you. She was going to the Passport Office. Perhaps you don't know, but overseas flight crews need up to date passports as well. Perhaps she was flying to Singapore later. rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by oldsailor35

Well done to the police for catching him.

They should present the police with flowers

Yes the same police who couldn`t catch him when there was a warrant out for his arrest already for embezzlement.

Thanks for the detailed info about the separate queue now for taxi vans at the airport, and the fact that they apparently are all operating without meters.

In the past, there were many times when, after arriving on an international flight with a lot of heavy luggage, that I really wished to find a taxi van, but usually could only get a regular taxi sedan from the public queue area. No separate queue for vans in the past, AFAIK.

So now there's at least a separate queue. But I'm not real excited about the prospect of paying 800+ baht for the privilege of getting a van... blink.png

Come to think of it, Now at the International airport arrival and taxi cue system they have improved the service where you take a ticket from 1 of 4 ticket dispensing machines while the ticket dispensing machine # 4 says Taxi Van Service while the other ticket dispensing machines # 1 and # 2 and # 3 are for the regular taxis.

Then there are 40 Numbered parking spots for the taxis where the "registered" taxis can park and wait while the last 5 spots # 35 to # 40 are designated for Taxi Van Service only.

The old guy, but a friendly old guy, tells me there is no meters in the Taxi Vans.The old guy pointed out ( as his argument and defense ) that none of the taxis vans have meters ( or so he claimed ) and the idea of a taxi van is the convenience of all the extra room to carry excess luggage and more passengers....Yada Yada Yada...

Meantime...hanging off the back side of the passenger side front seat I see a big plastic covered information card swinging away in obvious view stating the cost of the No Meter Taxi service for various designations around the city.

The lowest stated price was 800 baht while the highest price was 1500 baht depending on the distances involved to any passengers destination.

It's only wrong because he got caught

how many don't get caught, i used to put my luggage

in the boot and sit in the back seat, now i keep my

luggage with me, any funny business and i get out.

I use Don Mueang upwards of a dozen times a year and have found that very few of the Thai air hostesses can speak English, usually only the one per flight, and of course the cockpit crew.

There are zero cabin crew in Thailand that can't speak English.

I can't imagine why you would post a comment like that.

He wins the Darwin award of the month. Wow. What can one say? Is it possible his brain is only powerful enough to drive a car, and navigate the roads, but not powerful enough to process any other sort of thought or to consider any of the ramifications of his behavior?

What a dumbo. What a goon. What a freak. What a simpleton. What a poor example of a man. He pretty much did everything wrong he could, except assault the woman.

Will the spineless RTP do anything? Will the spineless courts do anything?