IOS and Android SOS alarm app for expats and tourists

KamalaRider

And now I have uninstalled 'Help Me' app, suffered from the same sickness as most other SOS apps, too easy to send multiple SMS without actually making an alarm.

Defeats the whole purpose if it cries Wolf too often, even with shake phone off.

It still sent out a LOT of SMS, which in turn cost more money than having mobile internet on the whole time.

IMHO, even with the expanded spec to include more nationalities, I still think the scope is limited where it need not be.

I propose a concept app called "iFlashMob" - that way it's not limited to just #helpmebeatsomeassholes, it can also be used to help populate a fledgling party (#freebeerlotsofchicks), and make an even more awesome #runningmanchallenge video, etc - the possible scenarios are endless!

Edited by IMHO

IMHO, even with the expanded spec to include more nationalities, I still think the scope is limited where it need not be.

I propose a concept app called "iFlashMob" - that way it's not limited to just #helpmebeatsomeassholes, it can also be used to help populate a fledgling party (#freebeerlotsofchicks), and make an even more awesome #runningmanchallenge video, etc - the possible scenarios are endless!

I see where you are going with this, let me think about it and get back to you.

I don't think it would have a limited use though, think about all the women who are afraid to walk alone, all elderly people in need of help in an emergency, and the intention for the app wasn't to help anyone beat up some a-s :) Only show up, document and alert the punks they aren't invisible. They don't take notice of CCTV cameras so maybe 4-20 people with light red/blue/white flashing mobiles would get their attention and also discourage them further as they wouldn't be anonymous any longer.

Maybe I'm naive about it, but there has to be a way for people to feel more safe, in their own house, in the streets, on the beach, when travelling.

In short, everywhere.

Why not use easy accessed technology for it, at least have one more option.

But I can also "sense" that most people here on TV aren't that interested in this app, maybe it could be because it's the same people who drive motorbikes without a helmet and intoxicated in early morning hours?

They are probably more aware they are more prone to end up dead or seriously injured in a motorbike crash than by being killed or injured by thugs.