Rock legends to play US 'mega-festival'

webfact

Rock legends to play US 'mega-festival'
By Mark Savage
Music reporter

LONDON: -- Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan have been confirmed for the line-up of a US "mega-festival" this October.

Called Desert Trip, the three-day event will take place at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, California - the site of the Coachella music festival.

Tickets start at $200 (£137) per day, rising to $1,599 (£1,097) for a three-day pass for the area near the stage. The Who, Roger Waters and Neil Young are also on the bill.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36193750

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-05-04

Stones, Dylan, McCartney play Coachella site in October
LOS ANGELES

(AP) — Boomer-chella is on.

Goldenvoice announced Tuesday that the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Roger Waters and the Who will perform during a three-day concert in the Southern California desert where the annual Coachella music festival is held. This is the first time these stalwart rockers have shared a billing.

Dubbed the Desert Trip , the classic-rock concert is set for October 7-9 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio. Like the Coachella festival, the Desert Trip will offer on-site camping and gourmet food stands.

Two acts will perform full sets each night after sunset. First up are the Stones and Dylan on Friday; McCartney and Young play Saturday. Pink Floyd's Waters and the Who close out the event on Sunday night.

Young's longtime manager, Elliot Roberts, told the Los Angeles Times recently that he's looking forward to the concert "more than any show in a long time."

"You won't get a chance to see a bill like this, perhaps ever again," he said.

Tickets go on sale May 9. A three-day pass costs $399; single-day tickets will sell for $199. Reserved-seating packages are available for $699 to $1,599.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-05-04

It will be HOT........ Well not the Geezer rockers , but Palm Springs that time of year is 100-120 F

its $400 for a 3 day walk in pass , $1600 for 'Deluxe" 3 day pass with a place to hang out , AirCo and probably drinks,,,,,,

But they better have special parking lots for the ambulances ,

I think I will stay home , but good luck to those that go and drink lots of the probably $10 bottles of water !

Rock meets sand in the desert

606x341_331725.jpg

It’s being billed as a once in a lifetime opportunity….

To see some of rock music’s biggest icons all in one place taking part in a three day festival in California.

Called the Desert Trip, tickets go on sale on May 9 with prices starting at 200 dollars (173 euros) up to 1500 (1300 euros) for a three day pass near the stage.

For some it reads like a baby boomer’s bucket list – the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney Bob Dylan, Neil Young Roger Waters and The Who. All greats from the 60s.

Many rock fans who are addicted to nostalgia and are still grieving from the loss of Bowie won’t want to miss out …. and lets face it with some of them pushing 80, the October festival could have been advertised as the last chance saloon.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-04

Sounds like a good concert. Perhaps if there were enough decent bands able to get recorded and draw methed out audiences away from night clubs then we wouldn't need to resurrect bands from times gone by.

It’s being billed as a once in a lifetime opportunity….

"It’s being billed as a last in a lifetime opportunity…." ;)

Obviously a few of the chaps are short on cash for their final retirement plans. I doubt the dressing rooms are quite how they used to be in the 60's and 70's, I imagine the groupies go in with great anticipation to find them all in lazy boy recliners having a nap with a blanket round them . My Dad always said you need to know when to stop when you are at the Top.

Seen them all back in the day. Some tickets were only $12 dollars back then. No way I would pay the prices they want now. Almost got crushed at the Pontac Silver Dome when the Who played there. It was general admission then. Never again and if you had to go pee..forget it!

Is Mick Jagger Bisexual? Didn't he once have a fling with the late great David Bowie? Or is this just a myth?

Loved to go see them play, how old are they all now? Saw one of them on tfi friday earlier in the year and he looked like a walking skeleton.

Is Mick Jagger Bisexual? Didn't he once have a fling with the late great David Bowie? Or is this just a myth?

Loved to go see them play, how old are they all now? Saw one of them on tfi friday earlier in the year and he looked like a walking skeleton.

I don't know, but if he tries it now, he could get charged with Assault with a Dead Weapon.

Did the Stones Cuba show ever get oneline ?

I know a couple other South america shows did ,

This will be a "great" show , these guys are still going strong at 70 ,

they have so much energy for being 70 years old , I wonder how many days it take for them to recover :)

The real interesting thing will be the small clubs that the Stones, Who etc will play in around Los Angeles around that time ,

Not to compare Elton john with them , but Elton had a free concert at Tower Records on the Sunset strip a few months ago , it would be great to see the Stones , the Who etc at a small place like that.....

I love it how white folks never bat an eye when black entertainers work into old age, ie: BB King, Hubert Sumlin, Muddy Waters,Buddy Guy, Willie Dixon etc. but seem almost insulted when white guys do it!! lol

Luckily I have seen both Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney live back in the 90's so I don't have to pay big money to see them one last time. They are living legends and will be missed.

I love it how white folks never bat an eye when black entertainers work into old age, ie: BB King, Hubert Sumlin, Muddy Waters,Buddy Guy, Willie Dixon etc. but seem almost insulted when white guys do it!! lol

That is because they are playing the Blues. Rock and Roll is a young man's game.

That is because they are playing the Blues. Rock and Roll is a young man's game.

nonsense, no one makes fun of chuck berry, ike turner, sly, prince, santana,

well at least two on that list have passed on, perhaps they rocked a bit to long.

On the contrary, these musicians were superstars back when I was in high school a long time ago. To see them and many others still performing & touring makes me feel better about getting old.

On the contrary, these musicians were superstars back when I was in high school a long time ago. To see them and many others still performing & touring makes me feel better about getting old.

i'm with you

Sure they do. Maybe you missed the threads on Prince passing on a short time ago. Old-timer rock and rollers drew plenty of insults on those and - despite his untimely demise - Prince was not spared.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Sure they do. Maybe you missed the threads on Prince passing on a short time ago. Old-timer rock and rollers drew plenty of insults on those.

some ghouls perhaps and I notice you ignored chuck