Drip Irrigation System

I picked up a small drip irrigation system and timer on Lazada. Whilst it works it does not have the reach I need. It gives short bursts every minute or so and the drip never gets to the end of the line (2 - 3 metres). Does anyone stock this sort of equipment in Kanchanaburi, Suphanburi, Bangkok? Anyone with any experience with this sort of thing.

I would also like to add a timer to a sprinkler system in a mushroom house. Any suggestions on where I could start looking?

Can you post a link to your system you have? A you just using line pressure

and not a pump?

Supper Products in BKK down the road from Central Shopping Center(Lat Prow)

or use their www.superproducts.co.th They have an O/L catalog.

I also have been looking for a irrigation controller, but the cost of what I want

is out of my price range trying to finish the new house. So I got a Raspberry

pi 3 B and plan on making my own, will give me something to do while it rains.

rice555 ps Lazada has the raz pi 3 B.

I have got what looks like all four of the timers they have here http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=micro+drip+irrigation+timer . I am afraid that they all look like the same thing to my uneducated eye.

I have connected the valve I have to a hose where the tap is served by pump which switches on when the valve opens. It gives a brief spurt every minute. I get a squirt out of the first half dozen watering points. But the system runs out of puff after the first 2m and steadfastly refuses to climb even the smallest hump or kink.

Am going to try connecting it to a pump without a pressure switch. Hadn't thought of that.

I have got what looks like all four of the timers they have here http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=micro+drip+irrigation+timer . I am afraid that they all look like the same thing to my uneducated eye.

I have connected the valve I have to a hose where the tap is served by pump which switches on when the valve opens. It gives a brief spurt every minute. I get a squirt out of the first half dozen watering points. But the system runs out of puff after the first 2m and steadfastly refuses to climb even the smallest hump or kink.

Am going to try connecting it to a pump without a pressure switch. Hadn't thought of that.

For having a long run(tube length), the small dia. tube is hard to pump water a long way

and maintain pressure to op your dripper/sprayer. It would be better to use 16mm LDPE,

which you can get at HomePro in small amounts, than a roll at SP or ag shops of 1-200M.

SP has Hunter irrigation controllers that have a propagation/misting cycle program that you

can program the start/stop time and have the valve/pump come on and off for a minute or

more between the time you set, say Start at 8AM to 5PM stop. Every 20min, the pump/valve

will operate for 3 min. or what ever times you set.

rice555 PS You can also get 12mm LDPE at Superproducts.

Eish! And I thought this would be simple.

I tried connecting the drip timer to a pump with no auto demand switch and got a constant flow. But it turned out to be less effective than the first one. Will try the bigger diameter piping. But think it must be the heat which is frazzeling my working bits.

If I am not mistaken you are or were growing the Milky White mushroom up north. I started growing poo tan mushrooms in Kanchanaburi about four months ago and now have a ton of questions. Any suggestions on where I can find others doing the same thing?

If you were talking to me, it's not me, most of what I grow

is with hydroponics and I want to automate my irrigation

from a 23" monitor and not small buttons or pins, have an

eye problem, and my body clock has always run on swing

shift so I need something that will do the irrigation and run

a misting cycle for plug tray nursery.

But I have posted about misters and small spray irrigation

parts/timers before on TVF.

There's tons of info on the web and uTube has all sorts of

DIY how-to do/make things.

SP has a coupon for their new catalog in the ag magazine

I usually post articles from here, I post a copy of the add

in about an hour, but it's a good guide for irrigation parts

and pump info.

For one the best parts source, check the Netafim web site,

us the US one if you want Eng., the BKK store doesn't have

all of the catalog items, after you find what you want, you

can and see if they have, if so, you can do the "Money transfer

to their account and fax a copy of the bank receipt and they

will EMS to you. SP also will so the same, and does have some

Netafim products, the 2 Co's are partners, somewhat.

rice555

If you were talking to me, it's not me, most of what I grow

is with hydroponics and I want to automate my irrigation

Sorry that is where I have seen your posts. Hydroponics is my next challenge but the mushrooms are taking a bit longer than I first thought. Thanks for the advice and help.

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread with info on drip irrigation timers. Global House are doing Tree single and dual timers, around B940 & B1200.

I have installed one dual timer on the back garden. One zone does the pop-up sprinklers (also from GH) the other does plants on spray/drippers around 40m of 15mm black pipe running off a 1" pump.

Seems to work pretty well 

1512625068920.jpg

On 08/05/2016 at 12:27 PM, backtofront said:

If I am not mistaken you are or were growing the Milky White mushroom up north. I started growing poo tan mushrooms in Kanchanaburi about four months ago and now have a ton of questions. Any suggestions on where I can find others doing the same thing?

I just read your thread today and, although you posted your question quite some time ago, there is a thread running here re mushrooms. Thought it might me useful for you - if you don't know about it already that is...