Want to change a magnesium pool to a salt pool

corrado95

Hi,

I have just bought a house in Hua Hin that has a Magna Pool (magnesium pool). I now realize that I have to add 2x25 kg magnesium every month which cost 2,200 baht. I am not happy about this, former owner didn't tell me.

Ok, I could go on with this pool if it is possible to buy magnesium to a better price.

If not, I should like to change it to a salt pool.

Now I have got different information about this. One not professional person, but that built many pools, say that I can use the same electronic panel together with the magna cell.

The pool co says I have to buy another type of cell and panel. That should cost about 50,000 Baht

Size of the pool is 43,200 litre

So now I don't know how to do, can anyone help?

Magna Pool is a brand of the Zodiac company, the makers of one of the most reliable salt-water chlorination systems. Due to low demand, the Magna system is not officially distributed in Thailand, so the chemicals are hard to obtain and very, very expensive, along with the required test strips.

The Zodiac salt water chlorinators on the other hand, enjoy widespread sales in the country.

They use some parts, such as the plastic housings, that are common to both systems, but the system parts (motherboards, electrodes, etc) are not interchangable. Once correctly set up, quality saltwater chlorinators add an extremely accurate dose of chlorine t the water, making the levels of chlorine and salt imperceptible to the bather.

Installing a Zodiac salt water chlorinator is the reverse of the video shown HERE and can be easily accomplished in a few minutes by the end user especially when replacing an existing Magna system. Depending where you buy a saltwater system, the cost should not be as high as cited above, and if purchased through a reputable dealer, genuine imports will come with a 3-year guarantee.

The pool salt that is needed is very inexpensive and will cost much, much less than traditional chlorine powder, chlorine granules, or even high quality slow-release chlorine tablets.

For accurate, professional information and sales advice, contact SwimmingPoolsThailand

Edited by SwimmingPoolsThailand