Diesel Sabotage

Damn.... you have problems. Tell them to f***#$ stop using your car. Finish!! No excuses....

Sorry that will not work it will like water roll off of a ducks back. No keys is the answer but it seems the wife is slipping them a set on the side which is not unusual. You come further down the list. Cut off switch the best idea.

A while ago we bought a new CRV. Brother-in-law visited and thought he would just use our new car for the period of his visit. A positive NO to Wifey and the directions for the nearest car rental place sorted the problem. Likewise, as soon as we had built our house, Sister-in-law thought she could just swan in, take whatever she wanted from the fridge etc, without asking - discovered she is terrified of dogs, we now have three. Problem solved!

Edited by robertson468

Tell me this whole thread is a p-ss take.

Probably not. Many western men seem to get neutered upon arrival here. Just think of all the tales of woe you're heard over the years because the man stops being one.

If you can't be the man of the house in Thailand, then you are indeed a loser when it comes to women.

Damn.... you have problems. Tell them to f***#$ stop using your car. Finish!! No excuses....

Sorry that will not work it will like water roll off of a ducks back. No keys is the answer but it seems the wife is slipping them a set on the side which is not unusual. You come further down the list. Cut off switch the best idea.

Actually Mrs JJ is an air hostess and 'flys' out of Hong Kong. So when she is working they both tend to live in their HK Apartment. Unfortunately at their house in Nonthaburi, which is not all that far from us, there is limited parking and sometimes his SUV needs to be moved so the keys have to be left with a relative who lives nearby.

On Mrs JJs time off they tend to spend it in Khao Yai so no problem.

If it wasn't for the fact that maybe some of the 'bad Fortuner bits' would creep across to my lovely T+ ... they could park it in my drive smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

I would be pissed if someone borrowed my T+ whilst I was away just because it's better than what they have to drive sad.png .

Just go to the carshop and let them instal an imobilizer. Make sure you are the only person who knows the code.

Second option is to put an nfc chip in your arm and a reader in the car. So the only person who can drive it is you.

Or take the suggestion from somebody else inhere: make sure there is just a limited amount of fuel inside the car. If Lucky you come back and have a half full tank :D

One for the should I build my house next to the in laws thread.

What's yours is theirs mate,grow a set of balls and stop them using it if your so up the rear about it.

I've never heard such nonsense,sabotaging your own car what ever next.

Gotta agree with stoneyboy: Grow a set. Sabotaging your car is sophomoric at best. Just say no. Trust me, your in laws don't accept you as a Thai, so don't act like one. If it's a problem for your wife, reconsider your marriage. You need to learn to say, "No", there also. You'll be happier in the long run. Best of luck.

When your lady is week concerning family members who do what they want and take what they want there is bo solution other than take your car to a bankok hotel and park it there for the time you go abroad.

Even pay some some parking money and tell your wife you rented the car out and get some money back for the ticket,

hopefully she dont check the tacho with that story.

Good luck and whisdom.

when they dont respect you or your belongings it is hard to change that.

What's yours is theirs mate,grow a set of balls and stop them using it if your so up the rear about it.

Gotta agree with stoneyboy: Grow a set. Sabotaging your car is sophomoric at best. Just say no. Trust me, your in laws don't accept you as a Thai, so don't act like one. If it's a problem for your wife, reconsider your marriage. You need to learn to say, "No", there also. You'll be happier in the long run. Best of luck.

Gotta agree that you have no idea ...read my post a few posts ago ...then maybe you will understand JJ problem. K....

Hell, how long does it take to rip a couple of wheels off and let it down on bricks? Tell the wife, the tyres go flat on the bottom if left standing too long in one place....biggrin.png

Do you not understand that the wife isn't there ...she is at 30000 feet when this is happening but the car needs shuffling around the parking area ...what is it with you lot ...you have same IQ as days in the month ....

What in cods name is a T+ ?

How long are you away for?

Maybe find another place to store the car when you're away.

Tell them you do it for "geng jai" (to be considerate) because you don't want it getting in their way when you're not around.

This is the way I would handle the situation , you can do it with a smile on your face and no one gets to loose face , sorted.

Yea HaHa----- Or perhaps one for the "man do I love my car" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I must make a confession here though.Many yrs ago (over 50) I had an Austin Healy 3000 and many times looked out the window at it and thought "wow"

Timed fuel cutoff switch common to car security systems....about 2 minutes out the engine stalls out...

You can call it a "bad spirit" warning switch & cover all the bases....

Could be dangerous,...Imagine the engine stops just when they are overtaking at speed and they need the speed to get safe....or just on a busy crossroad...or a train crossing...?!?!? could kill other people in the process...

Edited by off road pat

It seems many have a problem following along. Admittedly, this is a slightly convoluted story.

But here is what I have gotten.

- The OP and his wife are away fairly often for work

- Their vehicle needs to be moved from time to time due to "limited parking" so the keys need to be left there so a family member can move it...I do not quite understand that, but anyway...

- The wife's family helps themselves to the vehicle when the OP and his wife are away

Possible solutions:

1) Somehow sabotage the vehicle so it stops running after some time/distance

- This seems silly to me. Why would you want your vehicle to be abandoned somewhere away from your home.

I doubt that the family is going to make any effort to get it back after it strands them...especially if you have told them not to use the vehicle.

2) Several have suggested some "secret" switch or cutoff

- It has been stated that the vehicle needs to be moved from time to time. So the person doing the moving would need to know about the switch.

3) Tell the family not to use the car

- What would you do if they use the car anyway? Beat someone up?

4) Park the car somewhere remotely when both the OP and the wife are away

- That seems like a workable solution.

5) Find a different person to leave the keys with/move the car as needed. Pay that person for the job, with the conditions that the keys are to be

given only to the OP or his wife, and if the vehicle has any extra kilometers on the clock there will be no pay.

- Ok, if there is someone trustworthy that can do it

Couldn't have put it better----except I am going to have to look up"sophomoric"clap2.gifwai.gif