Diesel Sabotage

I'm getting sick and tired that my wife relatives take our brand new Fortuner when I'm not here. I'd like to find a way that the car, after lets say 50 km, stops working. Nothing destructive, that's my car, but I want them to get stuck in the middle of nowhere and have to call a mechanic because they are a bunch of useless leeches. That should prevent them from ever "borrowing" my car again DELETED Two birds with one stone

Edited by seedy
language

a tiny switch with 50cm of wire in a hidden location and your problem is solved. total cost 200 Baht and a little sweating if you do it yourself. additional 250 Baht for a car mechanic.

One for the should I build my house next to the in laws thread.

What's yours is theirs mate,grow a set of balls and stop them using it if your so up the rear about it.

I've never heard such nonsense,sabotaging your own car what ever next.

Edited by stoneyboy

It won't help with a new car, but years ago a mate wired his ignition so that when the oil light went out the engine stopped.

To our OP, leave it with no diesel, they won't bother to borrow it if they have to pay for the fuel.

Yeh, my rented Lincoln has confused me ,not that it takes much these days.Lots of lovely wheels out here this year that fit yours i note. Civic Turbos are well in at the moment by the way. 1 month left here in the cool place.1zgarz5.gifburp.gif

One for the should I build my house next to the in laws thread.

What's yours is theirs mate,grow a set of balls and stop them using it if your so up the rear about it.

I've never heard such nonsense,sabotaging your own car what ever next.

Exactly. OP grow a pair.

Timed fuel cutoff switch common to car security systems....about 2 minutes out the engine stalls out...

You can call it a "bad spirit" warning switch & cover all the bases....

Installing some kind of switch that cutoffs off/impairs the vehicle after a short time/distance can also be dangerous because I'm sure one of Murphy's Laws states the cutoff/impairment will occur at a bad time and cause an accident.

OP tell your wife that only her & you drives your new ride. My wife would never let anyone but us driving our ride, never.

If no cure, do as suggested, take the keys with you when you are not there.

Or buy a 100k baht Soluna and sell your new ride.

Thanks for the advises above. I understand sometime you found yourself in a situation when you feel only violence can get you out. But that's a very bad idea. Next thing you know the police, or even worse a lawyer, knock at your door. To those who say grow a pair, I answer grow a brain.

The best is to let the steam out by having a beer with your mates or, if you can't, posting silly stuff on TV.

And when you get really tired of the situation and you can't just walk away, contact a lawyer.

Alea jacta est.

^ It's not so simple. Because of limited parking space the car need to be moved around from time to time so I have to leave the keys. But what I object is taking the car for a 300 Km ride because my car is more comfortable than theirs and they are too greedy to buy a new one. I say too greedy because they can afford it, they are not poor peasant, just greedy *@#$&*@#.

Edited by JohnnyJazz

^ It's not so simple. Because of limited parking space the car need to be moved around from time to time so I have to leave the keys. But what I object is taking the car for a 300 Km ride because my car is more comfortable than theirs and they are too greedy to buy a new one. I say too greedy because they can afford it, they are not poor peasant, just greedy *@#$&*@#.

Gee JJ ... their motor must be really bad if a Fortuner is better ...

How long are you away for?

Maybe find another place to store the car when you're away.

Tell them you do it for "geng jai" (to be considerate) because you don't want it getting in their way when you're not around.

Edited by lemonjelly

Gee JJ ... their motor must be really bad if a Fortuner is better ...

Actually I don't even like the Fortuner. I bought it because we had a good price on it.

I still have 400K on the side, I may end up giving them the Fortuner and buy something more fun for me and fleabag.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/884055-fun-car-for-400k/?p=10275710&hl=%2Bfun+%2Bcar+%2Bjohnnyjazz

Edited by JohnnyJazz

I did say to you ... T+ they really are impressive ...

Still if you had of bought one ...maybe they wouldn't have returned it ...ever ...☺

Edited by JAS21

Giving away a new car? Good for you if you are that well off.

My wife always side with me when her family ask for a "loan" and tell them to pay off old debts before a new is issued, they given up now and don't ask anymore. Her family lives far away too, something I insisted on before we got married.

Are you sure you raised this topic in the right forum?

Sounds like the marriage and divorce forum will be better for good advises.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Clearly 'your' family do not give a flying ***k about your possessions when you are away so if you fitted this 'kill switch' like you suggested, you would then get the phone call

"Terak, tuna is in a ditch. It won't work. Send money to fix it."

Your relatives would just abandon it wherever it is, without even trying to put some gas in it, I'm sure.

Try some other tactic, I'd suggest

Edited by DILLIGAD

Clearly 'your' family do not give a flying ***k about your possessions when you are away so if you fitted this 'kill switch' like you suggested, you would then get the phone call

"Terak, tuna is in a ditch. It would won't work. Send money to fix it."

Your relatives would just abandon it wherever it is, without even trying to put some gas in it, I'm sure.

Try some other tactic, I'd suggest

Actually Mrs JJ is a very nice lady ...

Come around to our place tomorrow and have a beer ....

Edited by JAS21