Will Chinese get bored of Thailand?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thailand is close and easy to get to. I think there will more Chinese coming to Thailand in the future; a lot more.

They haven't been talking about a fast rail link for nothing have they?

Who patronises all those shops selling $25,000 watches and Lamborghinis on the 2nd Floor of Paragon? Japanese, Korean, Chinese fat cats. Can't get them here in enough quantities I'd say, and Bangkok, is probably the cleanest, most efficient, most sophisticated and most interesting city in Asia.

Where else do you go shopping? Where else has shopping centres like we do here. Who else puts on Film Festivals with free admission. I'd like to know actually.

"cleanest, most efficient, most sophisticated" Bangkok? Never been to Japan then I take it?

or Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea etc etc etc etc

Thailand is close and easy to get to. I think there will more Chinese coming to Thailand in the future; a lot more.

Who patronises all those shops selling $25,000 watches and Lamborghinis on the 2nd Floor of Paragon? Japanese, Korean, Chinese fat cats. Can't get them here in enough quantities I'd say, and Bangkok, is probably the cleanest, most efficient, most sophisticated and most interesting city in Asia.

Where else do you go shopping? Where else has shopping centres like we do here. Who else puts on Film Festivals with free admission. I'd like to know actually.

I love Bangkok but there is no way that you can believe its the cleanest, most efficient, most sophisticated city in Asia. I will agree that it might be the most interesting.

and Bangkok, is probably the cleanest, most efficient, most sophisticated and most interesting city in Asia.

Where else do you go shopping? Where else has shopping centres like we do here...

May I suggest, that you leave Bangkok once in your lifetime and travel around in Asia?

Singapore, KL, Hongkong, Seoul, ... whatever

"cleanest, most efficient, most sophisticated" Bangkok? Never been to Japan then I take it?

Right but if we're going to go into it, none of these places are as interesting as Bangkok, which is why this place is getting so popular.

I love Bangkok but there is no way that you can believe its the cleanest, most efficient, most sophisticated city in Asia. I will agree that it might be the most interesting.

. . .and yes, this is the real point, that you have put here. Probably the most interesting. In my view, definitely, but it is very subjective. There is nowhere I've been that is as consistently interesting, with the best food in the world. Fashions, eye candy if you're a bloke, affordable, this is it for me. Been every where else, found them relatively boring. The culture here is so alive and friendly. this is definitely the top of my list . . ..

and Bangkok, is probably the cleanest, most efficient, most sophisticated and most interesting city in Asia.

Where else do you go shopping? Where else has shopping centres like we do here...

May I suggest, that you leave Bangkok once in your lifetime and travel around in Asia?

Here he is. . . folks we always get one. The put downer hahah. Can't make a comment without putting someone down by making vast unattractive assumptions. Anyway that's OK, it only reveals what you're like inside yourself.

Bernie I have in fact travelled the world and lived in a number of the world's capitals and find this probably my top city. That's subjective, but Bangkok has a level of sophistication I have not found anywhere else and I'm not talking about highbrow stuff, I'm talking people on the street. The vibe, the joi de vivre, the food, the fashions of the people from the office ladies to the street vendors and their attitude.

Here he is. . . folks we always get one. The put downer hahah. Can't make a comment without putting someone down by making vast unattractive assumptions. Anyway that's OK, it only reveals what you're like inside yourself.

Bernie I have in fact travelled the world and lived in a number of the world's capitals and find this probably my top city. That's subjective, but Bangkok has a level of sophistication I have not found anywhere else and I'm not talking about highbrow stuff, I'm talking people on the street. The vibe, the joi de vivre, the food, the fashions of the people from the office ladies to the street vendors and their attitude.

You've changed your tune; liking the people on the street, the joie de vivre, the food, and the fashions is alot different than BKK being the cleanest and most efficient city in Asia. Doesn't matter, if you like it fine but you're deluding yourself if you think BKK is clean or efficient.

Right but if we're going to go into it, none of these places are as interesting as Bangkok, which is why this place is getting so popular.

Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong and Seoul are uninteresing place?laugh.pnglaugh.png

tell me, what do you found so interesting in Bkk? silom? soi nana? or maybe the heat wave, the stray dog, the trafic jam, the pollution? really interested to hear your answer...

Edited by Bender

You've changed your tune; liking the people on the street, the joie de vivre, the food, and the fashions is alot different than BKK being the cleanest and most efficient city in Asia. Doesn't matter, if you like it fine but you're deluding yourself if you think BKK is clean or efficient.

i completely agree with you... i read again his posts, he change tune every minutes.

Edited by Bender

I hope you are right but my feeling is they are here to stay. What with all the pollution and massive population in China, I am sure many Chinese are looking to migrate elsewhere to try an escape the harsh conditions in China. I think a lot of the Chinese who come to Thailand become enamored with the country and think they are in some sort of a fantasy world with much lower prices, as well as many interesting venues from the beaches to the mountains and all points in between. I guess time will tell.

Very true (lived in China for many years). Whats more, there are WAY more Chinese who can afford a nice beach condo in Thailand then in Vancouver or Sydney....! They still love to buy property. In Thailand they can own condo's, in China not really.... basically even you own it, its still from the government after you died, you cannot pass it on.

same thailand ha!!!.......giggle.gif

...at too

Stay away from those people sleeping under ATM's.....i tell ya.........food u can have that tooblink.png