NCPO spokesman insists the junta always respects human rights

rooster59

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only criminal said their Human right are not respect

Majority of Thai are not care with them.

I believe you should be utterly ashamed about this post.

People that fight for their right to express themselves aren't criminals, they are normal Thai people and it is very safe to say they represent the vast majority of the Thai people. Precious little people like their human rights being taken away from them.

How timely. Ja New's mother's just been arrested and detained for LM. Where will it all end.

Yes, and no need to walk on eggs here and worry about repeating what she said because apparently she said absolutely nothing. Zilch...Zero....not one word. She has actually been arrested for not saying anything at all in a private correspondence with another person.

Doesn't exactly inspire respect or belief in the government spokesman's comments.

Please forgive my trespass if I'm wrong, but why was this not news here on TVF? Did I miss the story? or was it just missed ? or was it deliberately left out and for what reason?

Considering it is a relevant news issue it would be nice to know from TVF why this is still not a featured article here?

BTW this is not a shot at TVF simply a question. hope I don't get banned for a few dayswhistling.gif

There was a thread started early this morning.

It was quickly taken down...

Hmm, I also wondered why there wasn't a thread about the mother of Ja New and her LM charges based on receiving a personal message on Facebook. Any idea why the thread was taken down, one would think it is of vital importance that everyone knows about this, also considering many people in this country use Facebook and they might have the impression that the chat system on there should be considered private !

Hmm, I also wondered why there wasn't a thread about the mother of Ja New and her LM charges based on receiving a personal message on Facebook. Any idea why the thread was taken down, one would think it is of vital importance that everyone knows about this, also considering many people in this country use Facebook and they might have the impression that the chat system on there should be considered private !

Yet this action against the mother was being reported on BBC radio here in the Middle East (and I assume just about everywhere else). The news item makes a clear point that she was being detained and charged for her lack of response to a private message (i.e., not objecting to a statement).

In my view, the Junta stepped way over the line with this one. The question is, why alienate so many people for the sake of prosecuting the mother of a dissident? It smacks of desperation, as if something is impending or spinning out of control.

Edited by phoenixdoglover

There's a Constitution (no, really), laws (a Criminal Code) and then again, there are the military's "regulations" and "Articles".

The junta can shout HUMAN RIGHTS, HUMAN RIGHTS, HUMAN RIGHTS, over and over and over again. Nobody is fooled by their BS.

It's an insidious little slant on truth to claim they care about human rights.

So repugnant given what they do

Bombing their military is justified by the international community.

Then when they ask why ?

Say "" better understanding ""

They currently are akin to a rapist with a knife at the victims throat publicly doing it for all to see and saying "" you need better understanding "" .....

I now have complete hopes their future politic dealings might be with a more effective international ear.

This is becoming shocking sanctions haven't been applied

As for the queer fact some posters here can still defend them it's living proof of the Stockholm Syndrome being factual in its theories.

It's so ashamed to even set eyes on the creepy justifications here by them or others, that its being a blood pressure issue.

If karma exists please do it soon!!

Edited by Plutojames88

Being arrested, denied bail, and marched in front of a military court, not for writing a post on facebook, not even for liking a post on facebook, but for having one sent to you, as is happening to the mother of Ja New, the student activist, could be construed as a pretty fundemental breach of human rights.

And now "apparently " if you like or share the the story that she replied "ja" to the offending message that was sent to her, you might possibly be arrested also. Because she joined in the conversation more than that. So,the hundreds of people that have commented on that article are all now at risk of being arrested, including her lawyer. Curiouser and curiouser.I feel like

Alice in wonderland.

Statements like this just seem to reflect the shortcomings in expertise and understanding of the issues involved of some of those involved in establishing a "new" Thailand constitution.

It's undemocratic full stop.

And the arrests will lead to international sanctions then rebellion

What truly amazes me is that I read the "Letters to the editor" of a well know English language newspaper. The comments are really negative about the junta and they sign what looks like their real names. Amazing!!

Not really. Most of those are written by farang. They aren't about to 'have at us' yet laugh.png

Many are also living overseas. I just have to wonder how long before they do decide to have at 'us'. Deportations by the plane load I expect.

Unfortunately, it seems like Thailand is nowhere near rock bottom yet.

Yep they do. My name is Mickey Mouse Bill Gates and Warren Buffet too.

This JUNTA respects nothing more than their own self providence and power at all others demise.

"Better understanding."....( there it is) ....their mantra .

Even disagreeing with his statement , by a Thai ...is tantamount to a security breach.

The lack of freedoms of speech, arrests and detention of citizen , not to mention LM laws that see people rot in jail, is a human rights failure.

Then there is the seafood industry.

Keep saying we need a better understanding.....that's fine.

We better understand its dangerous.

We better understand sanctions need imposing.

We better understand that down the track a military solution to this may be needed.

But mostly we better understand we are dealing with a lying immoral unelected dangerous pack of armed thugs, who have nil respect for their population or the world in general

You will fall.

It's only a matter of time

In my opinion, they have already failed. It is just that the repercussions have yet to happen. It will not be pretty when it does.

Fall ...not fail....

But I agree with your observations and prediction

Small type, small screen, old eyes. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

due to the nature of that Law, they can say she said whatever they want to say to discredit her, and not provide the proof as that's the beauty of that Law, showing the proof in itself breaches the law that was broken. !!

How timely. Ja New's mother's just been arrested and detained for LM. Where will it all end.
Yes, and no need to walk on eggs here and worry about repeating what she said because apparently she said absolutely nothing. Zilch...Zero....not one word. She has actually been arrested for not saying anything at all in a private correspondence with another person.

Doesn't exactly inspire respect or belief in the government spokesman's comments.

Please forgive my trespass if I'm wrong, but why was this not news here on TVF? Did I miss the story? or was it just missed ? or was it deliberately left out and for what reason?

Considering it is a relevant news issue it would be nice to know from TVF why this is still not a featured article here?

BTW this is not a shot at TVF simply a question. hope I don't get banned for a few dayswhistling.gif

Seeing as the mother has been charged with Lese Majeste I would assume that would be the reason for no threads about this, as per forum rules

This is a great site to banter and collect - many - great ideas and differing opinions. BUT where we all seem united is that we like and respect our freedoms and we want only better things for this land we live in and its people.

We are SO LUCKY to have had those opportunities to say and do basically what we want and use any media or forum to do so.

However, the MODS here and we must appreciate this is a position of great risk in these times - is that we must overall respect these forum rules.

THAILAND is no longer free. We all see rules regulations and those that have bee here longer think it will all go away.

unfortunately I do not see that happening for a long time looking elsewhere on this small planet.

The JUNTA controls everything here whether we like it or not and I would go sdo far as to sy NONE of us like being told what to do or when to do it

We are ALL lucky. We can show our passport and LEAVE. Thais often cannot.

So I guess we read between the line s and take what is thrown at us and respect Mods pulling down topics or we go!

Personally I believe the case of the mother of Ja new to be important. It shows that even private messages on Facebook, and in this case a received message can land you in big trouble.

Apart from the LM aspect, it could and should be reported, even if it was only to make people aware, PM's on Facebook are not considered private in this country.

Just for the record, ThaiVisa (and it's members) are not allowed to republish any articles from the Bangkok Post.

The story that you have been discussing has only just been published by The Nation, and I have alerted the News Team.

I suspect that it will be re-published as a new News topic, so please desist with talking about it on this particular thread.

wai.gif

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1462690194&section=11

No turn around at least not one that comes apparent from above article.

That article states she will be released on Bail this afternoon, after they come up with the 500,000 baht bail money.

So it's very much a turnaround, but seriously, silence now is also classed as 112? Anyone now who says nothing can and no doubt will be brought to heel by the Junta.. and still people don't see this as a severe abuse of power?

That article states she will be released on Bail this afternoon, after they come up with the 500,000 baht bail money.

So it's very much a turnaround, but seriously, silence now is also classed as 112? Anyone now who says nothing can and no doubt will be brought to heel by the Junta.. and still people don't see this as a severe abuse of power?

Maybe my understanding of a turnaround is lacking, I would call it a turnaround if she was released without bail with charges dropped.

This does not seem to be the case, so I don't see a turn around. The charges still stand, otherwise bail wouldn't have been necessary.

Edited by sjaak327

Thank you.

The News Team has been alerted.

Respect your wishes and will honour that, but please just one tiny tidbit. I see that the authorities did a turn around and released her.

Could your news team confirm that.

I have passed on all the links you members have provided (as well as a couple I dug up myself) about this news story.

The News Team are responsible for vetting and approving all news before re-publishing on the Forum.

In the interim, you may continue to discuss in this topic, as it is related to the OP, however I must warn you about discussing LM.

From the pinned topic in the News Forum:

All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial. In the past, discussion of the lese majeste law has been allowed, but due to increased scrutiny by the government this will no longer be permitted on Thaivisa.

Maybe my understanding of a turnaround is lacking, I would call it a turnaround if she was released without bail with charges dropped.

This does not seem to be the case, so I don't see a turn around. The charges still stand, otherwise bail wouldn't have been necessary.

No another story, the one that tv cannot quote from, it says she was released.

No another story, the one that tv cannot quote from, it says she was released.

Yes in the Bangkok Post, according to that article, she is released on bail. On the front page of the same newspaper is now an article that defends the charges against the mother of Ja new. So I don't think they will drop the case.

similar article on khaosod:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1462541768&section=11&typecate=06

Edited by sjaak327

I get you, however, I see it as a turnaround as hardly anyone who has been arrested for 112 in the past 2 years has been released on bail, they've been tried and sentenced by the Military courts very rapidly, it's quite possible that they've now realised that they're under a lot more scrutiny, it was obvious from minute they detained her, that it was to get at the son. Perhaps a step too far, they know it, and now it will all be about face.

It just keeps getting better and better You just can't make this up.

U still have a lot to learn about such regimes... 555. I can make this up. And predict much better statements soon. 555.

I get you, however, I see it as a turnaround as hardly anyone who has been arrested for 112 in the past 2 years has been released on bail, they've been tried and sentenced by the Military courts very rapidly, it's quite possible that they've now realised that they're under a lot more scrutiny, it was obvious from minute they detained her, that it was to get at the son. Perhaps a step too far, they know it, and now it will all be about face.

Ah, haven't look at it from that angle. I am all ears on to how they are going to save face on this one smile.png