Building a fence

Kunjay

See the exact steel, the exact blocks, and confirm rendering on both sides. If the top of your fence is concave at the top it will have trouble. A rounded top of the fence is better than a flat fence top in my experience. If you paint one side of a fence, you would be remiss to skip at least sealing the back side of the fence. Water will seep in and make your wall paint peel off if the back side is not sealed. Sealer and fence paint can be 700 baht to eight hundred baht per five gallon buckets in most any builders merchants. Fence paint has worked out to 35 square meters, per coat, per gallon of primer, sealer or paint in my experience in Buriram.

2) Check the spacing of the posts proposed. The size and amount of steel in your posts and beams will matter in the life of your fence. Not all grey blocks are the same thickness, you really have to see your options in person.

3) A sliding gate is often a better option than hinged gates in Thailand in my experience.

Kunjay; because I know you and your plot reasonably well I think we talked about 140linear metres for a wall/fence 2m high.

The rate you have been quoted surely is 1700 per metre run..

Agree with kbob2 to get a spec from the builder what the 1700 includes.

• 5 weeks later...