Ritual performed at tyre-burning site to send spirits to heaven

rooster59

Ritual performed at tyre-burning site to send spirits to heaven

post-247607-0-67026000-1462604252_thumb.

UDON THANI: Local people and authorities in Udon Thani province's Ban Phue district joined relatives of some 30 people who went missing for years and believed slain to hold a religious ceremony at the degraded forest where human bones were found.

Eight Buddhist monks were invited to chant prayers in front of bones wrapped in white cloths in what was said was a ritual to send the spirits of these burnt victims from wandering in the forest to heaven as earlier suggested by a well-known local shaman.

The ceremony was presided over by Mr Chavayut Chantorn, the governor of Udon Thani and the chief of Udon Thani police Pol Maj Gen Peerapong Wongsamarn.

Forensic police have so far found bones from 23 tyre burning locations at the Pakudchab degraded forest reserve in Ban Phue district.

Some of these bones found were sent for laboratory test at the Royal Thai Police’s Institute of Forensic Medicine.

The test later revealed some are human bones, indicating that victims of extortions might be murdered and their bodies put on car tyres and burnt.

Several local senior police officers were alleged of abductions, extortions of the victims and later put their bodies on car tyres and burned.

So far relatives of 33 people who went missing have lodged complaints with the Royal Thai Police.

They offered DNA samples to test with DNA of the uncovered bones.

One of them is the daughter of a woman who was accused to be a loanshark.

She was unaccounted for after being kidnapped by a group of men, some are police officers.

Meanwhile the deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Chalermkiat Srivorakan today summoned a meeting with police investigators in Udon Thani to follow up progress in the probe of the finding of 23 locations where tyre burnings were held and bones were found.

He was reported to have ordered investigators to keep monitoring of suspected groups of policemen alleged to have connection in extorting their victims.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/162404

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-07

"Eight Buddhist monks were invited to chant prayers in front of bones wrapped in white cloths in what was said was a ritual to send the spirits of these burnt victims from wandering in the forest to heaven as earlier suggested by a well-known local shaman.

The ceremony was presided over by Mr Chavayut Chantorn, the governor of Udon Thani and the chief of Udon Thani police Pol Maj Gen Peerapong Wongsamarn."

Hard to believe that presumably intelligent and mature men subscribe to this rubbish.

"Eight Buddhist monks were invited to chant prayers in front of bones wrapped in white cloths in what was said was a ritual to send the spirits of these burnt victims from wandering in the forest to heaven as earlier suggested by a well-known local shaman.

The ceremony was presided over by Mr Chavayut Chantorn, the governor of Udon Thani and the chief of Udon Thani police Pol Maj Gen Peerapong Wongsamarn."

Hard to believe that presumably intelligent and mature men subscribe to this rubbish.

Presided over by a local shaman??........ they may mean a local SHAM MAN!!

I agree though, difficult to believe that supposedly mature and intelligent people fall for this rubbish.

Edited by F4UCorsair

"He was reported to have ordered investigators to keep monitoring of suspected groups of policemen alleged to have connection in extorting their victims."

Nothing new in all this I guess. But does any serious investigation take place and suspects arrested? Nah, didn't think so. sad.png

Same old same old, much talk but little else. coffee1.gif

Billions of people during March/April every year celebrate the death of someone who could walk on water, turn water into wine, was killed and supposedly rose from the dead.

Give these people a break, their beliefs are no more ridiculous than the above. Another billion or so believe their leader rode a winged horse and had personal conversations with a deity. It's all nonsense.

Eight Buddhist monks were invited to chant prayers in front of bones wrapped in white cloths in what was said was a ritual to send the spirits of these burnt victims from wandering in the forest to heaven as earlier suggested by a well-known local shaman.

I expect the monks and the shaman split the proceeds.

Yes because Christianity and Islam are all other religions are based on logic and are proven to be true.

There is no difference between religions they are all equally unproven and crazy. Its just a different kind of crazy each time.

Yes because Christianity and Islam are all other religions are based on logic and are proven to be true.

There is no difference between religions they are all equally unproven and crazy. Its just a different kind of crazy each time.

Religion = drowning man clutching at a straw?

And if your not drowning then it is, how can I create greater wealth using religion to do so? Similar to politicians. bah.gif

I agree but some of the paranormal stuff is real! I have some very clear "personal" EVP recordings. If anyone is interested in hearing them then send me a PM and I will send you my audio files...