Gmail trashing emails

chiangrai

Thanks Pib,

That's not exactly whats happening.I didn't explain it right.

I get emails all my sent to my inbox when they arrive first time,

then the next time I open my account a few of the most recent emails

have been moved to the trash.

Some I have opened some I haven't.

You are talking about a browser on-line account access? I have inbox and several others but nothing called trash. There is a spam folder and I can sent contents to trash can icon (delete) - but once sent to there it is gone.

Have you set up a label called "trash" with rules?

You've lost me there mate.

It's a regular gmail account,it has Inbox

Sent Mail

Drafts

Spam

Trash

I've been using the account for years with no problems.The account is not

customized in anyway.I have no filters set up or even blocked email addresses.

You are talking about a browser on-line account access? I have inbox and several others but nothing called trash. There is a spam folder and I can sent contents to trash can icon (delete) - but once sent to there it is gone.

Suggest you click on "More Labels".....

biggrin.png

You've lost me there mate.

It's a regular gmail account,it has Inbox

Sent Mail

Drafts

Spam

Trash

I've been using the account for years with no problems.The account is not

customized in anyway.I have no filters set up or even blocked email addresses.

I'm uncertain, as I think Lopburi3 is, that you are accessing your gmail account by using a brower (i.e., Chrome, IE, Firefox), but instead accessing it by an email client (i.e., an app, piece of software) such as Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.

When I look at my gmail account via a browser and even before click More labels and I have more selections than only Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Spam, and Trash so that's why I'm not sure if you are accessing via a browser or using some app as a front-end client to access gmail.

So, are you accessing gmail by your browser or via an app/software? If using an app/software, that app/software may have got misconfigured vhich moves the emails to Trash if you cursor over them, read them, etc.

" I have inbox and several others but nothing called trash ... trash can icon (delete) - but once sent to there it is gone."

Strange. On my Gmail and Hotmail accounts if I delete something from the in-box it goes to a folder called "trash" or "bin" or "deleted," but it remains there and is still accessible until I manually delete the contents from the trash/bin/deleted folder.

Make sure you haven't setup some other app on your computer or smartphone/tablet to access your gmail account and that app has a setting to delete (trash) the email after being reviewed.

I had the same issue. I had set up a forwarding filter and some emails went to trash after I read them. Not sure why, but when I cancelled the forwarding filter it stopped. I did not try the suggestion in the link above, but just deleted the forwarding. Hope this helps.

Edited by Ezekiel2320

As far as I know I have no apps or filters set up for my account but maybe you should tell me where I can check just to make sure.

Today I opened my gmail and there was an email missing but today I couldn't

find it in Trash but I found it in ALL Mail

O.k,

I've had a tablet with Android for a while then I gave it to my wife.

I opened a new google account for her and singed her in.

When I went back to the tablet today and opened gmail my account opened.

Now I don't know how to get out of this.The tablet must be remembering my password.

I don't know my way around Android,neither does she.

Can anybody tell me how to stop my gmail or my Google account being

opened on the tablet,preferably from my laptop and not the tablet.

O.k,

I've had a tablet with Android for a while then I gave it to my wife.

I opened a new google account for her and singed her in.

When I went back to the tablet today and opened gmail my account opened.

Now I don't know how to get out of this.The tablet must be remembering my password.

I don't know my way around Android,neither does she.

Can anybody tell me how to stop my gmail or my Google account being

opened on the tablet,preferably from my laptop and not the tablet.

The simplest way would be too factory reset the tablet and then when it restarts sign in to the tablet with your wife's Google account. You will have to consult the manual for your particular tablet on how to perform the factory reset.

Suspect she trashed it as not interested in your messages.

On my phone I can use the menu icon in primary inbox to access

Name of account and click on that to get manage accounts

Then Sync to get option to remove account

Don't know as only have my account but that procedure would probably do it. You may still have her account listed - or you may have to use the add account option.

I am also very much an Android novice and often my logic is not what they think - but there has to be a way and above looks like it may work.

It probably is possible to just remove the account from Gmail (never tried it though) but the whole tablet is tied to the Google account which is entered when first switched on out of the box. So all your apps and downloaded content from the Play store are attached to that account. By performing a factory reset and entering the new wife's Google account, all the Google services are now tied to her account and not yours.

O.k that did it...herself is not too happy though.

The problem was The tablet was singed into the 2 accounts

when I thought it would be only one or the other.

Anyway now it doesn't open my gmail anymore.

If that was the problem.

Time will tell.

As far as I know I have no apps or filters set up for my account but maybe you should tell me where I can check just to make sure.

Today I opened my gmail and there was an email missing but today I couldn't

find it in Trash but I found it in ALL Mail

Sounds like you have fixed it, but to answer your question. Click on the "Gear" Icon in the upper right/ click Settings/click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. It will show you under forwarding if you have a forwarding address set up. Cheers

Sorry I arrived a bit late. In android you can easily individually add/remove accounts.

Go in the device settings > accounts. There, depending on the version, you might already see all the accounts linked to the device, or you might have to go through one more step and select 'Google' to see the google accounts linked to the device.

From there you can remove the account(s) you don't want to use, or add more.