Sadiq Khan makes history as elected London mayor after bruising campaign

rooster59

A sad day for the UK. "They" have been allowed to take positions on far too many local councils already. Their religion make them totally incompatible with our own culture and, if they are allowed to continue growing in number, that culture will be history soon.

Between Obama & Kahn, they can self destruct the world.

Not unless Kahn, as the Mayor of London, has the keys to the UKs nuclear weapons, which i dont think he has !!...those keys as far as i am aware are still in the hands of the old Etonians

They don't need weapons; they do it by stealth.

All this talk of 'they' and 'them'.

I hate to break this to you, guys, but I have more in common with a liberal thinking, educated, Muslim Londoner than I do a load of small-minded, ill-informed bigots like you.

Here is an excellent article by Maajid Nawaz, which I agree with almost entirely. Well worth a read from someone who has known Khan for years.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/08/the-secret-life-of-sadiq-khan-london-s-first-muslim-mayor.html

So he's not an extremist, but he is a politician.

Fair enough. After all, whoever you vote for, you end up with one of those.

I hate to break this to you, guys, but I have more in common with a liberal thinking, educated, Muslim Londoner than I do a load of small-minded, ill-informed bigots like you.

You can bristle with indignation and PC as much as you like, they still consider you an "infidel" or "kaffir" and there is only one thing they want to do to infidels and kaffirs. One day you will be thankful for what is considered the "far right" for protecting you from yourself.

You can bristle with indignation and PC as much as you like, they still consider you an "infidel" or "kaffir" and there is only one thing they want to do to infidels and kaffirs. One day you will be thankful for what is considered the "far right" for protecting you from yourself.

The 'far right' in the UK can barely keep themselves organised without breaking up into splinter groups or getting themselves arrested - they're hardly capable of protecting anybody from anything.

Which reminds me. Anyone see that 'Britain First' guy doing his little protest? What a loser.

As they say, "Those who don't know history are bound to become liberals." whistling.gif

Why do you call people who do not agree with you bigots? They in turn of course could equally refer to you as a bigot.

Why do you call people who do not agree with you bigots? They in turn of course could equally refer to you as a bigot.
I don't.

I do, however, have no problem with calling those who believe such nonsense as all Muslims are terrorists bigots.

Edited by SoiBiker

When Trump is elected POTUS, will Khan be barred from entering the USA?

Why would he be?

The reason the question was raised is that Donald Trump has said that when he is elected President he will put in a temporary ban on allowing Muslims into the United States.

That would include businessmen and diplomats including all UN Muslim country ambassadors? Once one realises the nonsense of such a suggestion, the same would go for Khan.

The suggestion that the far right (fascists) have historically been in the business of 'protection' is simply jaw-dropping.

As they say, "Those who don't know history are bound to become liberals." whistling.gif

Considering your words I learnt now, G.W. Bush and Trump are liberals. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Only 2 examples for the braggarts:

"President George W. Bush was unaware that there were two major sects of Islam just two months before the President ordered troops to invade Iraq,"

"Donald Trump’s invocation of the mass removal and incarceration of 110,000 Japanese Americans–most U.S. citizens who never faced charges of wrongdoing–as a precedent to justify banning Muslims from entering the U.S. prompted outcry, not because we expect responsible rhetoric from the source, but because his remarks disclaim a long-standing orthodoxy about internment that it was, by the U.S. government’s own admission, an outcome of “race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership.”

And that's the difference between opend minded Londoners and the racist Rep electorate. They don't apply racism and prejudice, but adopt some sanity, are open minded.

Edited by puck2

I don't.

I do, however, have no problem with calling those who believe such nonsense as all Muslims are terrorists bigots.

More than a hint of straw man there.

Sadiq Khan supports gay marriage. Clearly he's a radical Islamist.

If your going to use "offensive" terms at least use the correct version..a non believer from a muslim perspective is a "kafir"...your reference to kaffirs refers to black people in South Africa and religion plays no part in the equation

The reason the question was raised is that Donald Trump has said that when he is elected President he will put in a temporary ban on allowing Muslims into the United States.

That would include businessmen and diplomats including all UN Muslim country ambassadors? Once one realises the nonsense of such a suggestion, the same would go for Khan.

Right. Trump said until they could be vetted which is exactly what the US does with most people. He would waltz right into the US just as the PM of Thailand does even though it's extremely difficult for a Thai to get a visa to the US.

Let's not be silly.

Sadiq Khan supports gay marriage. Clearly he's a radical Islamist.

A pinko liberal muslim with brown skin. A keyboard warriors worst nightmare!

• 1 month later...

Those muslims are so untolerant : in Jakarta (bigger than London), the capital of the biggest muslim country in the world, they elected a...Protestant!!!!

So for all the racists, rants and pathetic people here spitting one more time on muslims : you should just shut up and learn about the world before writing so many stupid comments