Black Licorice in CM

tpiety2

A Little Help Please,

I need a licorice fix, Black preferred but Red will do. I've looked at Rimping but no luck.

Foodlands in Pattaya and BKK used to sell packs of licorice wheels but any size or shape is fine.

I'll be in CM this week and I would appreciate directions or store names or coordinates to the black gold.

Google Maps will be my guide, so a little help please.

post-115107-0-05324500-1462700097_thumb.

post-115107-0-34492000-1462700277_thumb.

Foodland still does sell here in Bangkok - but licorice is not easy to find in Thailand as many Thai feel smell is not something that should be placed in mouth. The farang durian perhaps.

Edit: Just found this firm operating from Phuket in a Google search so might be an option.

http://scansnax.nu/scansnaxeng.html

Edited by lopburi3

It's a bugger looking for Liquorice in Thailand. You should check Big C, Tesco, Foodland, Rimping, Villa supermarkets.

Usually one of them have something, even if it's that soft Australian mush.

• 1 month later...

I can't help with where to find it but this is a nice photo. I remember all of these except the one in the wrapper. A liquorice pipe, I bet there are not many kids eating those nowadays. They were found in every sweet shop and newsagent when I was a kid and sweet cigarettes.

I used to buy sherbet Dip Dabs and sherbet fountains in Hong Kong at Parknshop supermarket. For those who are ordering from the UK it might be worth checking to see if you can't get liquorice cheaper from Hong Kong.

post-113867-0-39646600-1467278291_thumb.

I can't help with where to find it but this is a nice photo. I remember all of these except the one in the wrapper. A liquorice pipe, I bet there are not many kids eating those nowadays. They were found in every sweet shop and newsagent when I was a kid and sweet cigarettes.

I used to buy sherbet Dip Dabs and sherbet fountains in Hong Kong at Parknshop supermarket. For those who are ordering from the UK it might be worth checking to see if you can't get liquorice cheaper from Hong Kong.

Edited by tpiety2

Ah Blackjacks love 'em I had forgotten the pipes, I loved the pipes as a kid we had little licorice babies too.

Great photo.