Air China from CNX

1happykamper

The airline is usually a better guide to check in times than the destination. Usually it's 2 hours before at CNX for international flights; however, if you are flying with an airline which keeps a counter open all the time - they may let you check in earlier. If you're flying with Air Asia... it's normally 90 minutes before at CNX despite the claim of 2 hours on the tickets...

No queues at the Air China desk when I turned up at 10:40PM for my Beijing flight 2 weeks ago. (late check in delay due to en route refreshments)

You were very lucky that they let you on. I am in Beijing now.. And the flight departed at 11:13pm, 32 minutes.. EARLY!!! And there were empty seats!! Very strange.

But what's the joy in camping out at the airport for 3 hours?

(Personally I would possibly check in 3 hours before, but then go straight back out again for some food and drinks somewhere, and then show up again around boarding time.)

I enjoy people watching. :) plus I'm, 6'3" and so I want an emergency exit seat... Early Bird gets that.

Chiang mai Airport is getting super busy .Nothing like the laid back place it was even as close as 3 years ago .Its being reported that they intend building a new International Airport at Lampoon.

Edited by anto

But what's the joy in camping out at the airport for 3 hours?

(Personally I would possibly check in 3 hours before, but then go straight back out again for some food and drinks somewhere, and then show up again around boarding time.)

I enjoy people watching. smile.png plus I'm, 6'3" and so I want an emergency exit seat... Early Bird gets that.

Don't Air China allow you to select your seat online beforehand?