Vacation in Krabi

Dear members on this form. I would like to go to Krabi in a few months for a vacation of about two weeks.

I know there is a lot of information on the internet, but I like to ask you what a good place is to stay.

A litlle more information.

I'm going with my wife, my 8 year old son and my stepdaughter. So i would like to rent a small bungolow on a resort with access to a swimming pool and not far from the beach.

And if members have information to go to some places when we are there, than please share this with us.

Thank you all.

Krabi is a province and a town. A big province with lots of islands and beaches. Is there a specific area you are interested in? It's a beautiful part of Thailand!

Thank you for your post.

We just want some time at the beach, I prommissed my son, so, now we don!,'t want to stay in town.

Just a nice resord, or nice place close to the beach.

I know that I can look at all the places on the internet, but I realy like some input from members on this form.

Just to put me in the right derection.

Google Pine Bungalows, nice place in quiet spot about 30mins from Krabi town, the food is awesome.

Ah just realised you want a pool, it hasn't got a pool but it has got a beach on the bay.

Edited by fasteddie

Krabi town is not near the beach. The nearest is Ao Nang. Which is an OK beach. Past this beach are many resorts, but they are a bit far from the action. I've not been in years, but not a lot of action in Ao Nang.

Koh Lanta is not far away and has many options for beachfront resorts. Beautiful island. Not sure when you are going exactly, but I hear the weather gets a bit rough during the rainy season there, with some places closing down. At least that's what I've read.

Trip Advisor is also a great source of information. Worth taking a peek there and see what you come up with.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Krabi_Province

i find Krabi town just another thai town, Ao Nang, over priced and full on tourists

two places are must see's; the shell cemetery and Wat Tum Seu, ( just south of town), go early and walk the steps to the top for fantastic views over the plains.

Than

head 2 hours south and stay on Koh Lanta

i find Krabi town just another thai town, Ao Nang, over priced and full on tourists

two places are must see's; the shell cemetery and Wat Tum Seu, ( just south of town), go early and walk the steps to the top for fantastic views over the plains.

Than

100% agreed. I've read there are some nicer and more remote beaches north of Ao Nang????

Koh Lanta has some really nice beaches.

Than

Would have been nice to mention there's 1,450 (about) steps up to the Buddha footprint and viewpoint, it's one heck of a slog. There's an alternative climb up and over a ridge and down in to a completely enclosed jungled valley where the monks live in caves, a very serene and spiritual place.

Than

100% agreed. I've read there are some nicer and more remote beaches north of Ao Nang????

Koh Lanta has some really nice beaches.

Unfortunately what used to be the most beautiful and deserted beach in the area, Tub Kaek, is now a concrete jungle though just before it is klong muang which is not too bad and just before that is ao siew which is where pine bungalows I mentioned earlier is, still pretty quiet but who knows for how long.

LOL:

no gain without pain,

hence why i said do it early, we went when my daughter was 6 and she made it up

Bravo to her, I've been visiting/living in the area since '94 and never done it, a combination of can't get up early, bad knee, old age and general laziness LOL