Isaan farang burger 'King' and his charming 'Prince' go viral!

webfact

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How strange. I live in rural Thailand and not only do I cut the grass, about 2 rai I also do my neighbours grass, another 2 rai and no local people are bothered in the slightest. I get thumbs up and smiles and if I am early enough in the cool of the morning sometimes the local monks stop for a quick chat on their morning alms round.

I have been doing it for years and nobody is bothered about it at all.

I haven't done any fence work but I have trimmed the trees where the power cables run.

No Gestapo up here, just normal Thai people.

Painted the front of the house in a proper way.. sanding first .. .. grounding.. then 1 layer.. later an other. Did many home improvents.. never a problem with immigration.

Must be a bad life if you live in fear like this. Immigration has said before foreigners can work on boats (if they don't sell them) and their own house.

Lot of barstool talk here, love to see an example of someone doing some housework on the house where they work getting in trouble. But of course it makes a great story and its great to be negative like that.. otherwise how can we put the Thais down.

Not aimed at you Billd but the others.

They can squeeze you if they feel lie it.

I remember reading about a farang on his condo board. Somebody made sure the Immigration Police put the screws to him.

I am sure they could but I have lived here 12 years so far and nobody is interested in doing so. Not the local police, immigration, PuYai Ban and not even the local post office where I sometimes collect my own letters to save the postman a ride out.

I am to old to be paranoid.

You say that you remember reading about a farang on his condo board. Do you have any links, news reports etc to back up what you have said? Is that just another urban legend?

Many years ago my Mum told me that the moon was made of blue cheese. Was she right? I have no idea as I have never been there

Sadly your mum taught you nonsense.

Here is the condo board member story.

https://thaicrisis.wordpress.com/2009/03/31/condo-owner-arrested-for-working-illegally/

It's who you know.

I recommend people read the link by previous poster though.

I have seen westerners working .

Driving tractors to help family.

The Thai father ran the police in town so no one objected.

Then the westerner in the other side of town paints his house and gets fined for not having a permit .

Next week a Thai finishes off the painting .

How shameful. I'd rather suck dick than represent my country running a hot dog stand. This dude is definitely not from Boston. Jamook...

You represent your country clearly enough through your posts, sailor.

Or should I say... 'dude? (While talking loudly, wearing my cap backwards and being oblivious to the outside world).

Good luck on your hot dog stand alternative profession, how is business?

What a loser. He should go back to his home country and make money to support his family rather than breaking the law and not even making peanuts

And would he be a loser if he was selling burgers in his own country? Some of those burger vans at home are quite lucrative businesses!

What a loser. He should go back to his home country and make money to support his family rather than breaking the law and not even making peanuts

And would he be a loser if he was selling burgers in his own country? Some of those burger vans at home are quite lucrative businesses!

My friend Don lived the good life, had a nice home of the golf course, traveled, Benz, the works. Nice guy and deserved it, worked hard.

Had a hotdog stand on Hwy 1 in front of the Hearst Castle in Calif.

Of course not, he would be one if he followed some of the posters who get hard by ripping on his current activities.

My friend Don lived the good life, had a nice home of the golf course, traveled, Benz, the works. Nice guy and deserved it, worked hard.

Had a hotdog stand on Hwy 1 in front of the Hearst Castle in Calif.

Sure, he made all that money from a hot dog stand.

;-)

Anyhow, Have a feeling, the majority of foreigners with their little businesses, have a local silent partner, just in case.

In my experience, EVERY vendor is paying someone to lease the space.

Go out there and try to sell something. In about less than an hour the gang that controls the footpath will be coming to see you. Most likely a government official that thinks he personally owns the public area.

I have seen the green truck show up with about 6 officers, snatch a vendors goods, table and all. Not pretty.

Edited by LarryLindsey

Painted the front of the house in a proper way.. sanding first .. .. grounding.. then 1 layer.. later an other. Did many home improvents.. never a problem with immigration.

Must be a bad life if you live in fear like this. Immigration has said before foreigners can work on boats (if they don't sell them) and their own house.

Lot of barstool talk here, love to see an example of someone doing some housework on the house where they work getting in trouble. But of course it makes a great story and its great to be negative like that.. otherwise how can we put the Thais down.

Not aimed at you Billd but the others.

They can squeeze you if they feel lie it.

I remember reading about a farang on his condo board. Somebody made sure the Immigration Police put the screws to him.

I am sure they could but I have lived here 12 years so far and nobody is interested in doing so. Not the local police, immigration, PuYai Ban and not even the local post office where I sometimes collect my own letters to save the postman a ride out.

I am to old to be paranoid.

You say that you remember reading about a farang on his condo board. Do you have any links, news reports etc to back up what you have said? Is that just another urban legend?

Many years ago my Mum told me that the moon was made of blue cheese. Was she right? I have no idea as I have never been there

Sadly your mum taught you nonsense.

Here is the condo board member story.

https://thaicrisis.wordpress.com/2009/03/31/condo-owner-arrested-for-working-illegally/

I perpetuate stories like that for my children and in turn they do the same for their children and certainly it is not nonsense but a tradition as is Santa Claus and the tooth fairy.

If you had put the link in before it may have helped though the story dates back to 31st March 2009 which was over 7 years ago.

Could you not find anything newer that that?

How shameful. I'd rather suck dick than represent my country running a hot dog stand. This dude is definitely not from Boston. Jamook...

Lemme guess. U actually like sucking penisses don't u ? ? ?

Lemme guess. U actually like sucking penisses don't u

He is 'transitioning' (like many in his country) from like to love.

hes doing a low class job and he makes all of us farang look low class and makes all the Thais think all us farang are loso, rusty razor blades and all the rest

Yeah, as opposed to the many foreigners in Isaan who sit around the local "farang" pubs drinking Archa or Chang from 10 AM on. (Not to mention Pattaya and BKK) Looks like work to me... and good parenting. Good luck to the vegan burger man.

hes doing a low class job and he makes all of us farang look low class and makes all the Thais think all us farang are loso, rusty razor blades and all the rest

didn't all the thai think we are billionaires here to hunt their darkskinned women? so much confusion.

imo: the guy does a noble job, he's not whining behind a pc but feeding his family...

From your previous posts you dont need any help with making yourself look low class!

Curious, if his wife owns the cart, makes the burgers, basically is the business, is he not allowed to help out for no financial reward or does this too fall under the no WP rule? I did hear that it was not illegal for a husband to assist his wife in her business if there was no paid employment happening. How about if the "prince" does the selling and his function is just to parentally supervise (not really a Thai thing) and push the cart if it is too heavy? Difficult to know where the boundaries lie. Perhaps they are at the discretion of the Chief Immigration officer for the area?