Tattoo Laser removal clinics?

johnwhyte

Be very careful !

My advice would be to stay away from "clinics" and seek advice from one of the major hospitals with a Plastic Surgery/Dermatolgy service. A consultation will not cost more than 1500 Bht.

do you have any recomendations? the guy above suggested yanhee hospital?

Be very careful !

My advice would be to stay away from "clinics" and seek advice from one of the major hospitals with a Plastic Surgery/Dermatolgy service. A consultation will not cost more than 1500 Bht.

do you have any recomendations? the guy above suggested yanhee hospital?

The place has a good reputation and there are others ----------------------

http://www.drtattof.com/site/service.php

They use a pico laser, which is very rare (and expensive). As far as I know, there are only 2 companies in the world that make pico lasers, Picosure and this one, which they sometimes call Picoway.

The pico lasers usually are twice as effective as other lasers and also have more flexibility in removing certain colors.

Pico is more expensive than the traditional lasers because the machines cost so much, at about 10m Baht. While the treatments are more expensive than traditional lasers, they are less painful and also you need many few treatments, at about half, usually.

You can do an internet search and read about it, from many first-hand accounts. Also, there are videos on youtube. Look for Picosure.

I looked into this quite extensively about a year ago.

PS, the one at Silom complex is the only one I know of in Thailand. The next closest place is Ho Chi Minh City. Then Hong Kong.

See this video about how it works.

Edited by FarangRimPing

They use a pico laser, which is very rare (and expensive). As far as I know, there are only 2 companies in the world that make pico lasers, Picosure and this one, which they sometimes call Picoway.

The pico lasers usually are twice as effective as other lasers and also have more flexibility in removing certain colors.

Pico is more expensive than the traditional lasers because the machines cost so much, at about 10m Baht. While the treatments are more expensive than traditional lasers, they are less painful and also you need many few treatments, at about half, usually.

You can do an internet search and read about it, from many first-hand accounts. Also, there are videos on youtube. Look for Picosure.

PS, the one at Silom complex is the only one I know of in Thailand. The next closest place is Ho Chi Minh City. Then Hong Kong.

Has anyone actually used this clinic?

I went and checked out the website and it didn't inspire... Still under construction with mock up content.

I had treatment in a decent hospital on Petkasaem, near the mall. It was 3000 for an hour, and i would have needed 4 at least.

No way. No more. The pain and swelling afterwards was savage. Black and blue ink is easily removed. Green and red not so.

Has anyone actually used this clinic?

I went and checked out the website and it didn't inspire... Still under construction with mock up content.

Yes.

I agree that the website does not inspire. I think it's because the machine/clinic are new. The website is crap. It seems like they tried to do it on their own rather than paying someone to set it up.

As I mentioned previously, Pico lasers are very different from regular lasers. They cost a lot more, about about $300,000 USD and AFAIK, only 2 companies in the world make them. The treatments cost more but on average, you only need about 1/2 the number of treatments, and they are not nearly as painful as other lasers. They also are much better than the other lasers for some colors which are very difficult for traditional lasers to treat.

So far, my wife has had 4 treatments. 1 in the US from one of the pioneers of Pico laser, 2 in Ho Chi Minh City, and now at this new clinic in Thailand. Of these 4 treatments, she thought that this clinic was the most professional and also the most thorough. The treatment here seemed to do the most good, but I assume that each successive treatment is more 'powerful', as the ink is getting blown up into smaller and smaller bits, making it easier for your body to digest. She said that 2 doctors supervised while a technician did the lasering. In the other places, it was one doctor supervising a technician. My guess is that they had 2 doctors supervising because this is new technology.

The video I posted does a really good job of explaining it, I think.

So far, very pleased with this technology and this clinic. As for the pain, pico is supposedly much less painful. Other lasers cause bleeding and a lot of pain, from what I read. In my wife's case, pain while they lasered, but pain gone after a couple of hours. No bleeding. Very slight blistering of the skin. Very slight. But the blistering did not cause a problem.

Edited by FarangRimPing

I had treatment in a decent hospital on Petkasaem, near the mall. It was 3000 for an hour, and i would have needed 4 at least.

No way. No more. The pain and swelling afterwards was savage. Black and blue ink is easily removed. Green and red not so.

I have never understood the mentality of people who deliberately disfigure themselves, there is no getting away from it, that is what it is.

If you are stupid enough to disfigure yourself in the first place, then you deserve all the anguish it leads to.

I have never understood the mentality of people who deliberately disfigure themselves, there is no getting away from it, that is what it is.

If you are stupid enough to disfigure yourself in the first place, then you deserve all the anguish it leads to.

Aye, but so what..?

I wouldn't ever get a tattoo myself, but that's like the least helpful reply possible. You just came in to say "I hope it hurts!" and to advertise your own limited imagination in understanding people. That's... useful. huh.png

I'd think twice before doing that and do some more research online beforehand because the ink will be destroyed and all the shit that is in some of the inks, especially in the brightly colored ones, like ground up plastics etc. will then go straight into your blood. My suggestion is to live with it if your tat is in a place where no one can see it when your clothed!

You're a tough man possum.

I understand the young and stupid being disfigured with ridiculous, exposed, ugly, ostentacious tattoos. The older? Not quite so easy to understand.

I couldn't edit on my 'phone yesterday. I wanted to add....

Good luck to the OP in his quest, and I hope it goes well without too much pain, disfigurement, or cost,

and

to correct my spelling. It should be ostentatious.

• 1 month later...