Unlimited Internet SIM - Prepaid/PAYG or?

I'm looking for the best unlimited internet SIM.

I found the 299/month deal below, but it's 'post paid' which I assume means some kind of contract but cant find any T&Cs on the site on how this is paid and the length of the contract etc

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/package/most_advanced_services/144/postpaid/4G_Super_Net

post-259047-0-06651000-1462876842_thumb.

I would rather PAYG to keep things simple & options open, but they don't seem to offer unlimited internet on PAYG.

-----------

So what is the best PAYG, unlimited data SIM and are there any short contracts worth considering?

Though tBh didn't do much research Googled it a couple of times and this one came up a couple of times as the best option. So will be interested in all other options.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

800baht/month seems expensive. Is that PAYG?

I bought a SIM in a shopping mall last year, can't remember the network, was 500B for unlimited net for 1 month and some call time(100B if I recall).

It wasn't clear if you could top up for another month of unlimited net or if that was just the introductory offer that came with the SIM.

Edited by HappyDazed

The T&Cs for 299/month are only available in Thai on the site so..

I'm guessing "(1) month 1 to month 6:" means a 6 month contract.

Package 4G + super net.

Terms and Conditions of Sale 4G + Super Net 299, 4G + Super Net 399, 4G + Super Net 599, 4G + Super Net 699, 4G + Super Net 699, 4G + Super Net 899, and 4G + Super Net 1099.

1. This promotion. The number of new mobile phone subscribers to True Move H Realty Company Limited ( 'Ariel Move') monthly as an individual. On March 23, 2559 to May 31, 2559, or until it is changed.

2. Details Promotional rates are exclusive of VAT.

2.1 promotional 4G + Super Net 299.

Rights package normally.

Charged minimum monthly service fee of 299 baht per month, the customer will be entitled to use the service.

(1) 4G services at speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) to 750 megabytes (MB) that is available for unlimited amounts. maximum speed of 128 kilobits per second (kbps).

(2) Wi-Fi service at speeds up to 200 megabytes per second (Mbps) with unlimited usage.

Privilege also:

(1) month 1 to month 6: get 4G speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in a volume increase of the normal amount. package 750 megabytes (MB) to a total of 1.5 gigabytes (GB) for a period of six months (months) after the remaining 750 megabytes (MB).

2.2 promotional 4G + Super Net 399.

Rights package normally.

Charged minimum monthly service fee of 399 baht per month, the customer will be entitled to use the service.

(1) 4G services at speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) to 2 gigabytes (GB) then unlimited quantities. maximum speed of 128 kilobits per second (kbps).

(2) Wi-Fi service at speeds up to 200 megabytes per second (Mbps) with unlimited usage.

Privilege also:

(1) month 1 to month 6: get 4G speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in a volume increase of the normal amount. package 2 gigabytes (GB) for a total of 4 gigabytes (GB) for a period of six months (months) after the remaining 2 gigabytes (GB).

2.3 promotional 4G + Super Net 599.

Rights package normally.

Charged minimum monthly service fee of 599 baht per month, the customer will be entitled to use the service.

(1) 4G services at speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) to 4 gigabytes (GB) then unlimited quantities. maximum speed of 128 kilobits per second (kbps).

Privilege also:

(1) month 1 to month 6: get 4G speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in a volume increase of the normal amount. package 4 gigabytes (GB) for a total of 8 gigabytes (GB) for a period of six months (months) after the remaining four gigabytes (GB).

(2) in the first of the month, 20: get 4G speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in a volume increase of the normal amount. package 2 gigabytes (GB) for a period of 20 months (months) after receiving the package as usual until the end of the period of the promotion.

2.4 promotional 4G + Super Net 699.

Rights package normally.

Charged minimum monthly service fee of 699 baht per month, the customer will be entitled to use the service.

(1) 4G services at speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) to 5 gigabytes (GB) then unlimited quantities. maximum speed of 128 kilobits per second (kbps).

(2) Wi-Fi service at speeds up to 200 megabits per second (Mbps) with unlimited usage.

(3) can be used to package together a maximum of two numbers.

Privilege also:

(1) month 1 to month 12 get 4G speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in a volume increase of the normal amount. package 5 gigabytes (GB) for a total of 10 gigabytes (GB) for a period of 12 months (months) balance after 5 gigabytes (GB).

(2) in the first of the month, 20: get 4G speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in a volume increase of the normal amount. package 2 gigabytes (GB) for a period of 20 months (months) after receiving the package as usual until the end of the period of the promotion.

2.5 promotional 4G + Super Net 899.

Rights package normally.

Charged minimum monthly service fee of 899 baht per month, the customer will be entitled to use the service.

(1) 4G services at speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in the amount of 8 gigabytes (GB) then unlimited quantities. maximum speed of 384 kilobits per second (kbps).

(2) Use of Wi-Fi at speeds up to 200 megabits per second (Mbps) with unlimited usage.

Privilege also:

(1) month 1 to month 12 get 4G speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in a volume increase of the normal amount. the package further 8 gigabytes (GB) for a total of 16 gigabytes (GB) for a period of 12 months (months) after the remaining 8 gigabytes (GB).

2.6 promotional 4G + Super Net 1099.

Rights package normally.

Imagine fee paid monthly minimum 1,099 baht per month, the customer will be entitled to use the service.

(1) 4G services at speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) to 12 gigabytes (GB) then unlimited quantities. maximum speed of 384 kilobits per second (kbps).

(2) Use of Wi-Fi at speeds up to 200 megabits per second (Mbps) with unlimited usage.

Privilege also:

(1) month 1 to month 18 get 4G speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in a volume increase of the normal amount. in packages of 10 gigabytes (GB) for a total of 22 gigabytes (GB) for a period of 18 months (months) after the remaining 12 gigabytes (GB).

(2) in the first of the month, 20: get 4G speeds up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) services and 3G / EDGE / GPRS at speeds up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in a volume increase of the normal amount. package 2 gigabytes (GB), after receiving the package as usual until the end of the period of the promotion.

Fair Usage Policy: Ariel Move reserves the right to manage the network as appropriate to maintain the quality of service. And to help users overall work efficiency, such as reducing the speed limit, or to take any action. To transfer data in use Bit Torrent, download and / or. Upload large files, or applications which are transfer large amounts of data continuously. Or affecting the service or injustice. Cause or may cause damage to other users. And / or network The overall service of Ariel Move.

4. User can check the service area of ​​WiFi by TrueMove H on www.truewifi.net.

5. Users can check service area and 4G compatible device on. www.truemove-h.com/4G

6. Fee excess expenses. More thoughts from the monthly fee paid monthly at a rate below the minimum.
1.50 baht per minute for calls to all networks fraction of a minute as one minute.

6.2 Short Message Service (SMS) between mobile phone use and registration within three baht per message.

6.3 multimedia messaging service (MMS) and mobile phone-based and registered within a period of five baht.

charges in the second and third total fee only covers calls to mobile or landline numbers that are used and registered domestic charges 4G / 3G / EDGE / GPRS. And value-added services based on the type and rate stated otherwise. Fee does not include other services such as content downloads, information services, mobile services, international roaming and other value added services.

8. The rates above do not include VAT.

9. Conditions of Use Wi-Fi by TrueMove H.

9.1 users must opt ​​for the service.
TruemoveH only.

9.2 users can use their mobile phone number TrueMove H's user name Username (09XXXXXXXX) and obtain a Password to use services via a USSD * 871 * 4 # and call (free) and the system will be delivered. password to subscribers via SMS.

9.3 users will receive a Username and Password of Wi-Fi by TrueMove H of True Internet Co., Ltd. ( 'True Internet') after the start of the service within one hour automatically.

9.4 If the User Password Forgot your Wi-Fi by TrueMove H can request a new Password by contact TrueMove H Care 1331 or via the Move to Riel.

9.5 in providing Wi-Fi by TrueMove H True Internet is necessary to cut the Internet connection (Session Time Out) every 90 minutes to monitor and record traffic. After disabling this if you want to use. Users will be closed And switch on the receiver again.

9.6 In the event that the consumer Wi-Fi by TrueMove H Log Out forgotten or do not use the service for more than 10 minutes, the system will automatically Log Out.

9.7 Concurrent to connect to a Wi-Fi signal for only one person to use the Internet, or Wi-Fi at a time.

10. Any rights as stated in the promotion can not be redeemed or exchanged for cash or any other. Can not include all goods

What you have posted is unlimited for WiFi, not 3G/4G which is 1.5GB.

I pay 69 baht per week for 1GB 3G/4G AIS pre pay.

I think you can get 1.5GB at 79 baht per week.

remembering now, one of the things that swung me to ais was that all reviewrs reckoned their signal coverage was really good , as i was tethering it was important

I should add, that I used to be with True, but their coverage was so poor that I dropped them in favor of AIS, which has much better coverage.

With True I would get dropped calls, and messages would not go through unless sent multiple times. With AIS I have no issues.

A couple of weeks and into it and the speed is truly shocking gone

from being able to stream to taking 50 plus mins to down load a 35 mb podcast. Will have to buzz them am 2 moro.

Edited by rijit

from being able to stream to taking 50 plus mins to down load a 35 mb podcast. Will have to buzz them am 2 moro.

Sounds like you hit the allowance of 4G in your plan and now it's throttled

When your high speed runs out, you will find that the throttled back 64 kbps is useless and 128 kbps is nearly useless. The problem with all the Thai providers is that the have MANY different programs and they keep adding more. It seems that the plan is to keep the customers confused. My True postpaid high speed got so slow that it was not even usable. They advised me to upgrade to a better package. I did and that did absolutely no good but it committed me to another year contract. CROOKS !! The True office was adamant that there was no problem. It worked fine at their office. They couldn't understand that the service at my home did NOT work. MORONS !!

It will do you no good. You'll just have to purchase a new, more suitable package. Next time, don't leave to your girlfriend whilst you sit on your arse.

I think that you were advised beforehand that it was not unlimited at full speed. The way to get around this issue is to simply buy packages of a shorter duration. For example; 4GB for 10 days and then renew if you run out early.

It will do you no good. You'll just have to purchase a new, more suitable package. Next time, don't leave to your girlfriend whilst you sit on your arse.

I think that you were advised beforehand that it was not unlimited at full speed. The way to get around this issue is to simply buy packages of a shorter duration. For example; 4GB for 10 days and then renew if you run out early.

Which is what I've done 5gbs 4 7 days, then we'll see .

Is that code still working?

Maybe it's me who has misunderstood, but...

I think he means: 5GB allowance to be used over a 7 day period! ...so he doesn't mean a discount code?

I think he means: 5GB allowance to be used over a 7 day period! ...so he doesn't mean a discount code?

Yes, it is you who has misunderstood. Each package has a USSD associated. Usually.

Yes, it is you who has misunderstood. Each package has a USSD associated. Usually.

Does that look like a USSD code to you? 555

Does that look like a USSD code to you? 555

Are you an e-jit? Oh...no need to ask...your name is bubba.

I was told by AIS that package offer and therefore the code associated, expired earlier this year.

Just because you have no idea, does not mean that no one else suffers from the same affliction.

So it seems that they can apply the package via the call center....again, not the advice that they gave to me when I called.

^^^ They've just sent me 7777* as a self activation code.

That isn't a self activation code, but only to check your existing promotion or to choose/change package..

More details here: http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/en/service-detail.aspx?type=1&id=20

The actual code for that promotion used to be *777*7021#(send)

So check with them again or just follow the guide in the link supplied here and listen to or read the options offered via the *777 service.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

This page here: http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/en/package-addon-detail.aspx?type=1&id=19

has a nice summary of all AIS offers for pre-paid Internet.

I generally use the 1.5 Gb over 7 days @ 79B myself but I'm not a permanent resident.

There's a 8Gb over 30 days package @ 799B (Mao mao non-stop) that might suit you.

Prepaid is always more expensive than postpaid for monthly things.