Poll: Would you watch a feature length film of soi dogs crossing busy roads?

Soi dogs are smart survivors!  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Attempting to cross super busy Pattaya 2nd road at a peak hour, I noticed a charming old medium sized white dog appearing to be doing the same thing.

He had that certain look on his face, a real veteran, no injuries, sort of that old dog wise smile (not really a smile but to us it looks like it).

I could see he was casing out the situation.

For me, it was insane and I knew I'd have to wait 5 minutes or so to find an opening. Rapid moving traffic, including many large tour buses.

But this cool old dog wasn't gonna wait. No sirree!

And off he went, basically dodging fast moving vehicles (cars, bikes, trucks, and buses) and he was so small I reckon he couldn't really be seen.

I've admired and found entertainment with such crossing dogs before (could be I'm easily amused), but this particular crossing impressed me as near miraculous, a real work of soi dog crossing art.

I crossed MUCH LATER, but at least I lived to tell the tail tale.

Anyway, made me wonder, would people enjoy watching a full length MAJOR MOTION PICTURE of soi dogs crossing busy roads ... of the high level I described of old whitey (the dog)?

Such intelligence. Such athleticism. Such basic instinct. Such adaption to very harsh human created conditions. Evolution in action!

I want to watch that movie!

Why don't you make it? I'm too lazy.

How to do it? Well I suppose the most efficient way would be to solicit material from hundreds of people out on the streets. Not any crossing would do. It would have to have drama and the roads would have to be very busy.

Feel free to steal the idea and maybe you can make your first 1000 baht in the entertainment industry!

Edited by Jingthing

I reckon snuff movies could make you millions JT.

I would prefer to only see clips of SAFE crossings, but for drama there needs to be close calls. Which there usually are! Am I the only one that has been amused and transfixed by these AMAZING Thai soi dogs crossing super busy roads? I've seen Cirque de Soleil but these dogs are better!

Maybe most people don't WALK the streets as much as me. If you're driving or riding, you miss the BEST stuff. Those road crossing soi dogs! You gotta be there.

Anyway, given the SIZZLIN' HOT interest in this topic, I guess I'm lucky I didn't sink my life savings into this film project!

This is nothing.

The dog isn't even crossing and the road isn't even very busy!

Edited by Jingthing

Please insert an alternative along the lines of:

"No, I'd prefer to have my testicles slammed in a car door."

That would be my preferred option. coffee1.gif

So you want an entire film of clips of internet forum personalities having their balls slammed in car doors? I'll run that by the producers.

Actually, I've had a re-think about this JT.

Maybe if you included some video of Farangs on scooters being chased by soi dogs, as well as Farangs out walking their pedigree dogs and fighting off the soi dogs with everything from big sticks to umbrellas, to ski poles.....it would be a little more less boring interesting. gigglem.gif

Please insert an alternative along the lines of:

"No, I'd prefer to have my testicles slammed in a car door."

That would be my preferred option. coffee1.gif

So you want an entire film of clips of internet forum personalities having their balls slammed in car doors? I'll run that by the producers.

Hey JT, why the hell are you awake at 4:30am on a balmy Jomtien morning?

I'm only up because i have an early Tee off, but I have to say that your sense of humour is on fire for such an early start!!

p.s Let me know what the producers say. I do have some prior acting experience. thumbsup.gif

Chuck in a few backpackers trying to cross, too - that can be pretty funny.

What about fools on bicycles as they negate the Bangkok streets in their fancy get up?

Yeah, those guys with all the lycra gear do look pretty funny. I've never really understood why people get dressed up like they're about to enter the Tour de France just to ride around town.

Thai drivers will swerve and stop for dogs but have been known to strike or utilize their horns (rude) in regards to a farang in the road/sidewalk.

JT, so you were at a disadvantage this morning.

Edited by HLover

Chuck in a few backpackers trying to cross, too - that can be pretty funny.

What about fools on bicycles as they negate the Bangkok streets in their fancy get up?

Yeah, those guys with all the lycra gear do look pretty funny. I've never really understood why people get dressed up like they're about to enter the Tour de France just to ride around town.