Rubbish and dirty black water - welcome to Pattaya!

webfact

It is not just the beaches here in Thailand that are filthy ,it is everywhere..Thais are some of the cleanest people personally but out side of their own area are some of the dirtiest. The cities do not need new landfills as the average Thai will just take his garbage and junk to the nearest vacant lot to dump it.Even the city electric and water companies do not take their trash back to the city departments ,they too look for a empty lot for their trash.It is truly a filthy land.Even during war time Vietnamese tried to keep their land fairly clean.

I agree with you whole-heartedly.

In Chiang Mai, I've watched local street vendors and restaurant owners dump cooking oil, grease, blood, and whatever down the local sewer grates 24/7/365!

I've also watched them chose particular times of the day/night to lug trash to somewhere other than their site of business and just dump it unbagged!

Says a lot for the need for education and leadership doesn't it?

Thailand will remain a 3rd world nation until the upper class progress themselves from ignoring their civic duty and self-centredness.

Edited by streetsweeper

I'm always astonished when I see people on the beach in Pattaya, especially given how far they have traveled, to sit there looking at all the stinking muck, pestered by vendors and rabid dogs. It's all a far cry from the pristine beaches of Western France, and hundreds of other beautiful beach locations around the world.

Most of them just sit there smoking cigarettes all day. That should clarify things.

Looking down on Jomthien from the 22cnd floor.....let me count the sewer pipes and mesmerize myself with the gurgling black sludge that oozes and oozes out....to slowly create beautiful bell shaped curves that diffuse to shore for the masses to enjoy and relish.....

Daddy I itch....

Looking down on Jomthien from the 22cnd floor.....let me count the sewer pipes and mesmerize myself with the gurgling black sludge that oozes and oozes out....to slowly create beautiful bell shaped curves that diffuse to shore for the masses to enjoy and relish.....

Daddy I itch....

Ohhhh, photos please!

Who cares abouth ugly beaches, Pattaya never been a family destination anyway......despite what TAT might tell you.......:rolleyes:

Edited by balo