Rogue taxi driver or innocent? Online court decides but police not so sure

webfact

Rogue taxi driver or innocent? Online court decides but police not so sure

ta.jpg
Image: Manager Online

BANGKOK:-- Police are yet to press charges against a taxi driver observed on an apartment's CCTV pulling a female passenger who owed him money for a fare.

The CCTV footage has caused a lot of condemnation for the driver after it was shared many times online but police are not yet sure what actually happened, reports Manager Online.

The passenger in the taxi, Orathai Sukhbanthit, 24, told police she had arrived home at VVS Mansion in Minburi around 2am Sunday but had told the driver that she only had 20 baht of the 220 baht fare and would go upstairs to get the remaining twenty.

This she did leaving a bag on the back seat containing clothes as security. On her return she said the driver was not there so she went to retrieve her bag. As she was doing this she said that the driver, Suracha Jenjap, 49, grabbed her from behind. She managed to free herself but he followed her into the building where the altercation continued in front of several people who were woken by the noise.

The driver later told the police that he had done nothing wrong. He said he had gone to urinate while the passenger went to fetch the twenty baht and when he came back to the taxi thought she was running away without paying so he followed her into the building. He said he was offered a twenty baht note, a fifty and some change in front of other people but decided to leave as he felt the situation was awkward.

He turned himself into police later because he felt uncomfortable about what had happened and wanted to show his innocence. Both parties failed to agree on a version of events.

Police investigations continue as witness statements are gathered but no charges have yet been laid in the matter.

Source: Manager Online

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-12

The taxi driver did what they all do, trying to recover their money, subtitle about it, they were never known to be,

the girl probably not seeing the driver around was trying to do a runner, like most locals will,

so this situation got into ugly and awkward ending, all the police has to do to make them apologies to each

other and give the man his fare and send them both home....

What exactly is this 'Online Court'?

As bad as people may think, there is a legal system in place in Thailand.

It does not need to be made worse by amateur input by online social media IMO.

Too many people now-a-days feel they are entitled to all the facts about everything, and are therefore entitled to judge on these based on information presented by media sources alone.

Get a life........................wink.png

Stories like this take a very wise person to decide who was wrong.

Usually you get two different stories from the involved and the third story is what really happened.

Maybe a look into the background of both people can help?

How much time are you going to spend investigating a case like this?

Nobody was hurt and no real violence took place.

I would never leave anything of value in the cab while getting the money.

If i was the cabdriver i would not let the customer out of my sight.

The facts also do not add up.

Was it 200 or 20 Baht?

Decision,split the difference and take more care the next time.

I cannot believe I am saying this, but I actually believe the taxi driver.

I would too if she had been dropped off in the street somewhere etc..but at what's obviously her apartment she would be easily found and caught if doing a runner..this is discounting she says she left her bag in the taxi...can't prove that from behind a keyboard lol..

Geezzz ... Imagine being able to report such incidents to the police and getting something done about it. You don't want to get ripped-off by taxi drivers and taxi drivers don't want to get ripped-off by customers and police don't want to be bothered.

It shows how amazing stupid people can be, that they can do what ever they want. They are masters in ' take the Law in own hands '.

Nobody educated these people???

This is a racist post. It's obvious who is ignorant.

I'm not sure I see a racist aspect to the comment...what am I missing?

Too many people now-a-days feel they are entitled to all the facts about everything, and are therefore entitled to judge on these based on information presented by media sources alone.

Get used to it mate. The Brave New Digital World, and the Court Of Public Opinion. It is what breathes oxygen into 'Social Media'.

Many lazy, would be 'journalists' today rely on things such as facebook and twitter for their sources and 'headlines' without ever having to get of their <deleted> and doing some good old fashioned, leg work with hands on research and investigation.

Do people do runners to avoid fares? Yes.

Are there such things as 'rouge' cabbies? Yes. (In fact Cabbies are fast becoming the social pariahs of Thailand, ranked lower than prostitutes, corrupt officials, and even the RTP itself.

Since I know absolutely bugger all about the incident. I'll have five bob each way.

we were not there and let also face the fact that woman often use the being woman as an excuse to offend the male.

many cases this has happened. So the real story ..... we probably never find yout.

Get used to it mate. The Brave New Digital World, and the Court Of Public Opinion. It is what breathes oxygen into 'Social Media'.

Many lazy, would be 'journalists' today rely on things such as facebook and twitter for their sources and 'headlines' without ever having to get of their <deleted> and doing some good old fashioned, leg work with hands on research and investigation.

Do people do runners to avoid fares? Yes.

Are there such things as 'rouge' cabbies? Yes. (In fact Cabbies are fast becoming the social pariahs of Thailand, ranked lower than prostitutes, corrupt officials, and even the RTP itself.

Since I know absolutely bugger all about the incident. I'll have five bob each way.

Yep, agree fully with all of that.....................thumbsup.gif

I cannot believe I am saying this, but I actually believe the taxi driver.

I would too if she had been dropped off in the street somewhere etc..but at what's obviously her apartment she would be easily found and caught if doing a runner..this is discounting she says she left her bag in the taxi...can't prove that from behind a keyboard lol..

Who is to say it's 'obviously her apartment'? She waited until his back was turned and went to recover her bag in order to do a runner - and still didn't have the money she owed. If her intentions were honest, she would have explained her situation to the driver before the journey.

It shows how amazing stupid people can be, that they can do what ever they want. They are masters in ' take the Law in own hands '.

Nobody educated these people???

How do you educate people that all they need to know, is how to pretend they know everything?

Edited by silent