Sankampeang.

ricksha92

Whats there to do out there? I will be training at a Muay Thai camp there and have the afternoons free. Is there anything to do out there?

The most beautiful girls in Thailand are reputed to come from Sankamphaeng so you shouldn't be short of something to do (even if it is, only looking) :o

Edited by john b good

Whats there to do out there? I will be training at a Muay Thai camp there and have the afternoons free. Is there anything to do out there?

HI,

Take the red bus (songteow), and go Bor Sang (for shopping) or Chiang Mai. Il will cost you around 25/30 Bt. Takee care of busy hours when coming back (4-6pm)...

or.. get a motorbike, drive 15 km to Hot Springs (going east) ... take a book and relax there in the garden/massage/swiming pool and have food.

Enjoy,

Philippe

Muang On cave is near the hot springs, you could check that out if you like that kind of thing. On Saturday evening there is a walking street in Sankamphaeng, much smaller than Chiang Mai's but very pleasant & hardly any foreigners. And my ex-gf is from Sankamphaeng, judging from her & her cousins I'd say the reputation of Sankamphaeng girls for beauty is well-deserved. But then, where aren't there beautiful girls in the north, or anywhere in Thailand for that matter?

Muang On cave is near the hot springs, you could check that out if you like that kind of thing.

On Saturday evening there is a walking street in Sankamphaeng, much smaller than Chiang Mai's but very pleasant & hardly any foreigners. And my ex-gf is from Sankamphaeng, judging from her & her cousins I'd say the reputation of Sankamphaeng girls for beauty is well-deserved. But then, where aren't there beautiful girls in the north, or anywhere in Thailand for that matter?

In my opinion this is a great cave and not exploited like the Chiang Dao caves.

Nana Plaza?

Edited by Blinky Bill

> Is there anything to do out there?

No.

Well unless you count an umbrella tourist trap or the most mediocre hot 'springs' in the country.

But don't worry because it's incredibly close to the city of Chiang Mai. Frequent songthaews go there for like 10 baht. (Yes, could be 6, could be 15, I said 'LIKE' 10 baht before anyone corrects me. :o ) But I think they're white though? In-town non-fixed route ones are red, the out of town ones are all a particular color, I think white for the Sankamphaeng ones. They all end up at the Big Market downtown on the river.

Edited by chanchao