How to get motorbike driving license in Thailand ?

In Chonburi turned up with International Driving Licence (car only), only did traffic light and braking test. 60 minutes later walked out with Thai car AND motorbike licenses. No problem.

If by Chonburi you mean the one next to Regents at Pattaya then you were very lucky. How recently was this?

I also did this but it was 6 years ago and it took a hell of a lot longer than 60 minutes. Many recent reports in the driving licence thread of foreigners having to go through the whole process now but yes I still think you have a better chance if you have an IDP.

People holding IDP don't have to go thru the Thai driving test (or theory test for that matter). Costs more than going the Thai route tho.

Would advise anyone taking the Thai traffic theory test to prep well. The test is in "Tinglish" and the questions don't make sense most of the time.

so far done practical test 10 times, darn concrete strip. slalom no problem, just that darn strip.

does not cost any money and as long as they allow me to come back, i will keep trying.

I don't know what bike you've been using, but try it with a smaller bike, e.g. Wave or similar. Most of the people I saw failing on this rode PCX.

People holding IDP don't have to go thru the Thai driving test (or theory test for that matter). Costs more than going the Thai route tho.

Since when and how much more? I certainly only paid whatever the standard tariff was at the time - never heard anyone else say this?

Where is the nearest testing location to Roi Et?

From the web.

The Roi Etc (city) DLT:

http://www.macxide.com/roiet/?page_id=10

185 Moo 16

Chaeng Sanit rd.

Tambon Nuea Mueang

Amphoe Mueang

Roi Et

https://goo.gl/maps/h6UhXS2KMFs

https://goo.gl/maps/jBGUDSwS2KN2

Not sure what the other addresses are full service branches.

• 1 year later...

i got a residence certificate from my condo in CM, they were advertising them in the lobby. it has my visa details and a letter head with residence information. does this need to get certified somewhere?

i also have a full uk licence with the old class A and class AM bike licence dates on it. will this mean i can use it to get a thai bike licence?

thanks

You need to get a certificate of residence from Immigration. The paper from your condo management company wont be accepted at the DLT. You can take that paper though and try to use it to get the certificate from Immigration.

You should be able to get a Thai drivers license without going through all the tests if you show them your UK license and are for an unrestricted class.

Archived