How to get police clearance from Australia?

bkkheat

Online from anywhere.

Search AFP police check.

You don't need the fingerprint optional extra.

$42 AUD

Around 2 weeks turn-around although these times are stretching with more and more security concerns.

You can get them in Australia online but my Mrs can't remember the site. If you don't have an answer by tomorrow we will ask a friend who has done it recently.

Edited by sipi

Thanks,

Both need a check, I need a police clearance also because I have lived in Thailand for more than 12 months in the last 10 years.

You might want to check that. Neither me nor anyone else I know who has lived overseas for extended periods has needed a Police check from Thailand or anywhere else.

The "applicant" needs one for every country he/she has lived in for longer than 12 months over 10 years.

You are the sponsor not the applicant. You only need Police Checks if there is a child under 18 years of age involved.

http://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/DIAC_Partner_Migration_Visa.html

Edited by sipi

Am I correct in assuming you need to get your Thai partner a Thai police clearance certificate? Myself and my Thai misses are in the process of doing exactly that right now. Because we are now in Oz she has to apply by post and has to get fingerprints done at the cop shop then get them authenticated at the DFAT office in Brisbane and then send them to the Thai Embassy in Canberra to be legalised and only then we can send them off to Thailand along with the other paperwork to apply for the certificate. They don't make it easy.

Am I correct in assuming you need to get your Thai partner a Thai police clearance certificate? Myself and my Thai misses are in the process of doing exactly that right now. Because we are now in Oz she has to apply by post and has to get fingerprints done at the cop shop then get them authenticated at the DFAT office in Brisbane and then send them to the Thai Embassy in Canberra to be legalised and only then we can send them off to Thailand along with the other paperwork to apply for the certificate. They don't make it easy.

The other (simpler) option for her Police Clearance is to lug the correct paperwork to the Thai Embassy in Sydney and get them to deal with it. Train to Circular Quay, walk to the embassy. They are extremely helpful. Take a pile of $1 coins for the photocopy machine in the foyer.

Sydney is nice this time of the year.

Well we done that a few months ago for my wife's Australian citizen ship application she did not need any

fingerprints done at the AFP they don't do that anymore, only for local purposes ( clearance for cleaners,

hospital work and so on).She had to get the clearance from Thailand which we did by mail I guess they

just send a copy of the last one which she did for some thing else .

Ok all I can say the AFP does not issue any police clearance anymore for visa related issues nor does the

local cop shop or the Thai embassy you need to get it from Thailand if you don't believe me ring up the

nearest embassy or AFP they will confirm this

For our situation we have only been living back in Oz for 5 months so don't need anything from AFP . Your right on the local cop shop thing we had to go to the watch house in Redcliffe for the fingerprints. This will be the last bit of work to obtain the 309 partner visa I hope : )

Well we done that a few months ago for my wife's Australian citizen ship application she did not need any

fingerprints done at the AFP they don't do that anymore, only for local purposes ( clearance for cleaners,

hospital work and so on).She had to get the clearance from Thailand which we did by mail I guess they

just send a copy of the last one which she did for some thing else .

Ok all I can say the AFP does not issue any police clearance anymore for visa related issues nor does the

local cop shop or the Thai embassy you need to get it from Thailand if you don't believe me ring up the

nearest embassy or AFP they will confirm this

People are mixing up clearance here, the AFP do still issue but for immigration to fokes for step children and the 10 year rule A$42, the OP is talking about something else, from Thai Police HQ.

To the OP, expect it to take several months, I am sure you know how to make it happen in a few days. Going rate is Thai 1500, farlang 2500.

Australians don't need the permission from the Police to get married in Australia....yet...

Anyway, I asked a friend who has done it recently for his wife and apparently they used an "agent"..whistling.gif

Might be best if Eddie can post a blow by blow account...

Thanks,

Both need a check, I need a police clearance also because I have lived in Thailand for more than 12 months in the last 10 years.

If you have lived in Thailand, for more than 12 months, you will also need a police clearance from Thailand, this will require your finger prints(original, not copy}, obtained from the AFP, or if available, from local police, to be sent to the RTP, don't forget the "tea" money or you Thai clearance may take a long time.

Thanks,

If you have lived in Thailand, for more than 12 months, you will also need a police clearance from Thailand, this will require your finger prints(original, not copy}, obtained from the AFP, or if available, from local police, to be sent to the RTP, don't forget the "tea" money or you Thai clearance may take a long time.

Crap.

Thanks,

Crap.

Edited by MediaWatcher

I also lived in Thailand for almost 4 years returning to Oz in January with the Thai misses and our baby girl, we lodged the 309 partner visa in Bangkok in December last year and only now 5 months later they have requested the medical and Thai police check for my partner. I guess every situation is different and depends what sort of visa the OP is trying to get for his partner that requires him to get a police check also . All the info is on the Thai police Web site and states it's a 7 day turn around and price is 200 baht that needs to be transferred into the Thai police bank account. If all the paperwork is included first time it should be hassle free I hope but then again it is Thailand .

Ok Eddie. Just lay it on the line for the OP.

How does he get the Police Clearance for his partner?

Well since he is in Oz it'll be by mail. Get the application form and fingerprint forms directly of the Thai police Web site. Follow the instructions on the police website about payment and including return postage envelope etc. Also look up the Thai embassy site in canberra and you'll read more about what you need to do to get the fingerprints legalised and so on so that the police in Thailand accept them. It really isn't that hard. I'm at work so don't have more time to write it up in more detail atm