Mobile phone thief falls in Suvarnabhumi security trap

webfact

Mobile phone thief falls in Suvarnabhumi security trap

mp.jpg
Image: Daily News

BANGKOK:-- Suvarnabhumi airport security laid a trap on Thursday - and a mobile phone thief fell straight in it.

Surasawat Siriwatanasin, 40, had been seen on CCTV Tuesday behaving suspiciously when two cases of mobile phone theft were reported to authorities but he got away, reported Daily News.

So on Thursday they set him up - by pretending to be asleep on some airport seats and leaving a phone on the side within easy reach. He couldn't resist and was pounced on by several officers.

Three stolen phones were recovered from his possession.

Surasawat was found to have previous form for stealing phones at Don Mueang airport. Now he faces charges of theft at the airport that carry a sentence of between one and five years and a 2,000 to 10,000 baht fine.

The number to call at Suvarnabhumi if you are the victim of theft is 02 132 4191.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-13

One should never let his guards down when in places full of people with lots of valuables on them,

there are many shady slimy sticky fingers people hanging about just looking for this absent

minded person to pounce on him......

You can have a taser put in your phone and activate from another phone if you find someone stealing your phone.

Are you sure?

He has no idea,. He just wants the attention. You gave it to him. He should be satisfied for a few hours.

Police usually doesn care for this kind of theft, he must have stolen a phone to the mia noi of a police or army general. Why else would police do something about it? After all their job is not to protect commoners but keep them quiet.

Police usually doesn care for this kind of theft, he must have stolen a phone to the mia noi of a police or army general. Why else would police do something about it? After all their job is not to protect commoners but keep them quiet.

The suspect wasn't arrested by "the police or BIB", he was caught by Swampy security staff. Well done.clap2.gif

You can have a taser put in your phone and activate from another phone if you find someone stealing your phone.

Are you sure?

Where can we buy ?

Check the Trolls R' Us website. Sheeesh.

What a plonker!!

It is so cheap now to get smart phones, i.e. 400 baht a time with credit on them.

So what is the point of stealing them?

Well some of them cost in excess of 20,000 baht and I see plenty of them around.

The suspect wasn't arrested by "the police or BIB", he was caught by Swampy security staff. Well done.clap2.gif

This is how it use to be done, set a trap, Nab a douchebag, reset the trap and repeat the process.

Like shooting ducks on a pond ..... To <deleted> easy lol

Are you sure?

Where can we buy ?

Check the Trolls R' Us website. Sheeesh.

I'm pretty sure there is no "App" to convert your Mobile to a Taser, however YouTube prankster Tom Mabe has several Videos on line in which he uses a specially designed / converted iPhone with a remote activator.

Quite amusing sometimes.

Patrick

Wrong from my experience. Had an iPad pinched by a crooked taxi driver. Noticed after check in. Went to the information place who directed me to the police station at the airport. Lady took all the details. I flew off and didn't expect to here anything. The police called my wife later in the day to say they had interviewed the taxi driver who of course denied everything. The police officer also gave my wife his number so I could call when I returned. I did and he was on a day off. They must have let him know I'd called as he rang me later even though it was his day off.

They know thieves steal phones. smart phones, iPads, notebooks and drop them off quickly for "cleansing" and recycling ready for resale.

What a plonker!!

It is so cheap now to get smart phones, i.e. 400 baht a time with credit on them.

400Bt for a Smartphone......... Utter nonsense......!

Edited by chasggg

What a plonker!!

400Bt for a Smartphone......... Utter nonsense......!

Not if you are buying from a phone thief short of bail money.