For original Trump team, a moment to celebrate and reflect

rooster59

OK, OMGIminPattaya, we get it. You've made it clear a dozen times. You're sure T is going to win and you're a big Trump fan. Now, do you have anything else to add to conversation?

I don't hate Trump, but he should stick with what he knows; buying decrepit properties, kicking out old-time residents, adding a coat of paint and selling it to rich Chinese.

By his own admissions he doesn't know how government works. He contradicts (and makes an ass of) himself every time he blows air out his pie hole. I could go on, but I don't want to get Carpal Tunnel.

I sense some panic on your part in your resort to strawman attacks ☺

OK, OMGIminPattaya, we get it. You've made it clear a dozen times. You're sure T is going to win and you're a big Trump fan. Now, do you have anything else to add to conversation?

I don't hate Trump, but he should stick with what he knows; buying decrepit properties, kicking out old-time residents, adding a coat of paint and selling it to rich Chinese.

By his own admissions he doesn't know how government works. He contradicts (and makes an ass of) himself every time he blows air out his pie hole. I could go on, but I don't want to get Carpal Tunnel.

I sense some panic on your part in your resort to strawman attacks ☺

You answered my Q; you don't have anything to add to the conversation.

The original Trump gang can congratulate themselves on getting to the nomination but nothing matters except the general election November 8th. That is when one of the two campaigns will celebrate victory.

Of the states mentioned in the first news quote, Obama won Florida, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, Wisconsin, Colorado, Iowa, New Hampshire -- twice. Obama won North Carolina in 2008 and Hillary Clinton's NC polling average to date is +2%.

“Democrats hold a registration advantage over Republicans in four of seven battleground states likely to play a central role in the presidential election, even as Republicans and independents have made gains,” Bloomberg reports.

“The party that now controls the White House is ahead in registered voters in Florida, Nevada, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, while Republicans hold the lead in Colorado, Iowa and New Hampshire, according to data compiled by Bloomberg Politics. Three other likely battlegrounds — Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin — don’t register voters by party.”

Georgia is a Red state that voted for Bill Clinton in 1992 but hasn't voted Blue since then. Before that GA voted for Reagan and for Bush in the 1980s.

A new Atlanta Journal-Constitution poll in Georgia finds Donald Trump leading Hillary Clinton by four points, 45% to 41%.

Trump’s 4-point lead over Clinton is within the poll’s margin of error, meaning neither can confidently claim a state that’s voted for the GOP nominee since 1996.

The poll gives new heft to claims by Georgia Democrats that they can turn the Peach State blue, or at least a shade of purple, for the first time since Bill Clinton’s 1992 victory.

Their strategy to reverse the GOP tide relies on two major factors: the possibility that outrage over Trump’s divisive statements could send independent-minded women fleeing from the Republican camp, and a surge of support from minorities that fueled Clinton’s victory in Georgia’s March 1 presidential primary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker ® “urged about 1,000 Republicans at the convention to ‘focus like a laser beam’ on helping Sen. Ron Johnson win re-election, but he didn’t make the same call to action for Trump. He didn’t even say his name,” the AP reports.

“Walker wasn’t the only one side-stepping Trump. None of the state office holders who spoke Saturday morning referred to him by name, and most avoided talking about the presidential race at all.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Romney got the support of 90% of Republican voters in 2012 and McCain in 2008 was very close to that. Both lost. Trump doesn't have 85% support of Republicans and he's minus 21% among women voters. Romney got 27% of Hispanic voters and he lost. Trump currently has 11% of Hispanic voters. Trump and his gang should enjoy this moment as much as they can because November brings with it the cold temperatures for those who spend all their time getting heated.

One can go through all the past polls and strategies but I think this year will be anyones guess as to what will happen in the general election. There is 6 months to go and no telling what will take place to either Hillary or Trump. It is quite obvious this year that people are voting against establishment politicians. I think all the rules are out this year. Let's face it, people in the end vote for the person that they think will do right by them personally not necessarily who will govern the country the best. A lot of people in both parties are feeling disenfranchised. It will be an interesting year.

Edited by Trouble

For anyone that thinks Hillary is a slam dunk in General Election...

Latest polls show Trump leading in Ohio, and Clinton only leading by 1 point in Florida and Pennsylvania ..

If trump wins Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania ... He will be president

I don't know if that happens or not, still a lot of time till Nov..

But is clear that this is still anyone's election

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/pres_general/

If you go back a month ago.. Hillary was doing much better... 2 months ago... Even better...

I remember a couple months ago when showed Hillary 10-15 points ahead in General election... Now only 2 points

The trends are not encouraging for any Hillary supporters out there..

Of course margins are all much better if Sanders was the Dem nominee... But some how doubt the DNC to come to their senses

Edited by CWMcMurray

It brings to mind a certain blustery German man,..

Perhaps in your mind that image pops in although for most folks that isn't an association.

Besides, the individual you are possibly referring to was from Austria - not Germany. blink.png

It seems to have made no difference cause the horrors occurred regardless and the commonality is noticeable today in the Austrian school of Mad Max economics and its fans in these parts.

Just be sure no one can confuse another distinction without a difference, let it be unmistakable that Trump is the uniquely American Mussolini. A strong headed and strong willed buffoon. The overlay is a viable fit if not a match.

Voters are going to string up Trump too, on election day. Hang him out to dry cause Trump is all wet.

Latest polls show Trump leading in Ohio, and Clinton only leading by 1 point in Florida and Pennsylvania ..

If you go back a month ago.. Hillary was doing much better... 2 months ago... Even better...

I remember a couple months ago when showed Hillary 10-15 points ahead in General election... Now only 2 points

Of course margins are all much better if Sanders was the Dem nominee... But some how doubt the DNC to come to their senses

The Real Clear Politics polls show HRC leading in Blue states and Trump leading in Red states. This is always a Republican loss on election day.

The poll you cite that shows a close race in Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania is by Quinnipiac which since it started polling this campaign mid last year has displayed a Republican bent by basing its sample on more Republicans and Republican leaning voters than Democrats and D leaning voters. Quinnipiac has become a R biased pollster.

Rasmussen is a heavily Republican biased pollster who missed the 2012 election result by 5 percentage points. On election day 2012 Rasmussen told Romney he'd won. Quinnipiac is headed in the same direction so everyone needs to keep in mind these two pollsters who get mentioned here regularly by the right.

Next.....

More bad news for the Hilleristas...

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-05-15-13-05-17-1.png

OAN is One America Network. It's a gang of rightwing crackpots. Every one of the mass of highly financed rightwing media played it up big, no MSM or credible media reported the OAN math.

We all know the kind of people who run OAN polling because they're the guys the algebra teacher in high school sent to the board to scrawl their problems so he could point out the errors in their woeful work.

Here is reality....

In a poll of Latino voters in general election battleground states (which included Nevada),impreMedia and Latino Decisions found that 80% of Latino voters said Trump’s statements about Mexicans and immigrants gave them a less favorable opinion of the GOP overall. This has been corroborated by Gallup’s monthly tracker and NBC polling, and reported by CNN in their headline “Latinos see Donald Trump as hurting GOP brand“and most recently by Political Science professor Lynn Vavreck writing for the New York Times Upshot who called him “damager-in-chief to the party reputation” among Latinos.

http://www.latinodecisions.com/blog/2016/02/24/no-trump-you-are-not-number-one-with-hispanics-in-nevada/

Donald Trump, confirmer in chief of the Republican party's demise in the year of our lord 2016. Thank you lord.

The Real Clear Politics polls show HRC leading in Blue states and Trump leading in Red states. This is always a Republican loss on election day.

The poll you cite that shows a close race in Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania is by Quinnipiac which since it started polling this campaign mid last year has displayed a Republican bent by basing its sample on more Republicans and Republican leaning voters than Democrats and D leaning voters. Quinnipiac has become a R biased pollster.

Rasmussen is a heavily Republican biased pollster who missed the 2012 election result by 5 percentage points. On election day 2012 Rasmussen told Romney he'd won. Quinnipiac is headed in the same direction so everyone needs to keep in mind these two pollsters who get mentioned here regularly by the right.

Next.....

Wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Quinnipiac polling data

It is true that has slight Republican bias , but it still has one of the higher grades in terms of accuracy

Gets. B+ accuracy rating, which is one of the higher grades

http://fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/pollster-ratings/

It brings to mind a certain blustery German man, 70 yrs ago, who came out of obscurity with a small group of dedicated men. With lots of publicity and a rousing message, they wound up celebrating in Paris several years later. .....then what happened after that?

If you are associating Trump with with who I think you are maybe you should take a deep breath,sit back, gather your thoughts, and grow up. I'd say you would have little or no idea of what happened 70 years ago, and given you disparaging remarks only highlights a sick mind.

It brings to mind a certain blustery German man, 70 yrs ago, who came out of obscurity with a small group of dedicated men. With lots of publicity and a rousing message, they wound up celebrating in Paris several years later. .....then what happened after that?

If you are associating Trump with with who I think you are maybe you should take a deep breath,sit back, gather your thoughts, and grow up. I'd say you would have little or no idea of what happened 70 years ago, and given you disparaging remarks only highlights a sick mind.

I should have said Austrian, tho the man later became German. How are the two different? Ok, one only married once, on his last living day. The other married 3 times and, by his own admission, humped every attractive woman in the NYC region.

One had a military record, the other didn't.

In fairness, I think Trump resembles Mussolini more than Hitler. There, does that make you feel better?

You mean like Capital Hill? biggrin.pngcheesy.gif

Actually, a friend of the family (Rhea Radin) was a realtor at Foggy Bottom which is spitting distance north from the Capitol building in Wash. D.C. Needless to say, the townhouses there were top dollar. Not like the properties a few blocks east of the Capitol, in the 16th st. area - where you could buy questionable drugs on the street corners. I once saw Nixon's Halderman buying drugs there, his head bobbing in every direction like a scared chicken. Was he scoring for his boss?. There were also streetwalkers out and about - just a 7 minute sabbatical from the Capital steps. That was several decades ago (before the subway) so I don't know what it's like there now.

Actually, a friend of the family (Rhea Radin) was a realtor at Foggy Bottom which is spitting distance north from the Capitol building in Wash. D.C. Needless to say, the townhouses there were top dollar. Not like the properties a few blocks east of the Capitol, in the 16th st. area - where you could buy questionable drugs on the street corners. I once saw Nixon's Halderman buying drugs there, his head bobbing in every direction like a scared chicken. Was he scoring for his boss?. There were also streetwalkers out and about - just a 7 minute sabbatical from the Capital steps. That was several decades ago (before the subway) so I don't know what it's like there now.

Those are "safe spaces" for Democrats ?

Best Trump ad attacking Hillary for Benghazi to date:

Sure makes you think, doesn't it? How could one vote for that Crooked Hillary? blink.png

I've studied the Benghazi issue (I read an in-depth report by objective/professional reporters who were on the scene before any US officials investigated. Hillary wasn't even mentioned.). I don't see a connection with HRC unless a person is trying desperately to try and get mud to stick to her. For me and many others, it just ain't working according to your mudslinging plan. There are 10,000 more dire things in this big bad world. For example, here's one: Every day environmental activists get murdered by corporations. Of course a top exec isn't going to take a gun and blow an environmentalist's head off, instead he'll hire thugs. It happens in Brazil, Thailand and many other countries OFTEN. And more often than not there's no investigation. If you want a crusade for something, why not pick that?