Centric vs. The Base

I have rented for one week at both these properties just finishing at The Base.

They are both very nice and brand new inside.

Centric:

Good quality construction

Decent rental price 1200 b a night.

Location just OK.

The Base:

Good quality construction

Same rental price as Centric

Location for me far superior in Central area.

Now here is the problem with both these places.

NOISE!

Centric was not as bad, but still at night you can hear bar and band noise until 2 or 3 am.

I walked around the entire complex at night and noticed it.

It seems the higher floors are worse.

For the Base much more noise. They built the place with the horseshoe of Soi Diana, LK Metro, and Soi Honey surrounding it.

I was on the 20th floor of building B and it was loud until 3am. Live bands and disco music blasting. I bought a 800 b fan at Big C and full blasted it to drown out the noise at night.

On the A building, there are some great ocean views but later you are hearing Soi Diana and LK Metro music. Boom boom music no way to sleep.

It is a shame really because the place is very nice. I am sure many people have bought these "premium locations" only now to find out they are not good. Only good I guess if you stay up until 3 am every night.

Anyway, there are many places available at both properties for short or long term rental. Booking.com and Airbnb have advertising. Most are asking in the low to mid 20,000 b range for one month.

I have a unit on B building floor 6 facing North at the Base, not a great view but hardly any noise due to the other buildings around cancelling out the noise. If you also think that a condo in Central Pattaya will be peaceful then you obviously don't know Pattaya very well. Both places are all about location. Who go's to Pattaya for piece and quiet if you want that then Central Pattaya is not for you. smile.png

I have a unit on B building floor 6 facing North at the Base, not a great view but hardly any noise due to the other buildings around cancelling out the noise. If you also think that a condo in Central Pattaya will be peaceful then you obviously don't know Pattaya very well. Both places are all about location. Who go's to Pattaya for piece and quiet if you want that then Central Pattaya is not for you. smile.png

I live in BKK and this was probably my 20 trip to Pats.

Yeah, its loud that's why I would never be stupid enough to invest there or live long term.

Have you moved in yet? Probably not since you can hear it on your floor also.

Also, I almost forgot, I hope you enjoy the daytime construction noise from that new project off Soi Honey that faces your place. Cranes, jack hammering, etc. Its terrible.

Good luck and enjoy your poor investment and life of no sleep man!

I live in BKK and this was probably my 20 trip to Pats.

Yeah, its loud that's why I would never be stupid enough to invest there or live long term.

Have you moved in yet? Probably not since you can hear it on your floor also.

Also, I almost forgot, I hope you enjoy the daytime construction noise from that new project off Soi Honey that faces your place. Cranes, jack hammering, etc. Its terrible.

Good luck and enjoy your poor investment and life of no sleep man

gigglem.gif you just made my day with your reply, please give me another I am keen to see what you say next.

• 2 weeks later...

So a week in now and my sleep has been nothing but great. Guess having a place on 6th floor is not to bad. Also no need to buy a fan the ac works just fine. Already a profit on my poor investment. Life of a great sleeping man. 5555

So a week in now and my sleep has been nothing but great. Guess having a place on 6th floor is not to bad. Also no need to buy a fan the ac works just fine. Already a profit on my poor investment. Life of a great sleeping man. 5555

So sorry if I was a little harsh with my comments.

I will have to take back a few things now. Because, I am here for at least the next month at The Base.

When I was here before, I met this Thai couple that were desperate to get a renter in their place. We kept contact and they gave me a heck of a deal on a month to month rent.

But, I am on the 30th floor of building A in the interior. The view is unreal and its absolutely quiet.

I have to admit I love it.

People I have met are complaining about the exterior noise. Especially the 2 bedroom owners who face LK Metro Gogo's. It is pretty bad I could only imagine.

You actually may make out OK for one big reason is that many Chinese have purchased in here. They seem to drive up prices. Most of them have gone back to China and are just sitting on the places or renting them short time. I assume hoping for a jump when they are all sold. .

Anyway, howdy neighbor!!, I am glad you like your place.

So sorry if I was a little harsh with my comments.

I will have to take back a few things now. Because, I am here for at least the next month at The Base.

When I was here before, I met this Thai couple that were desperate to get a renter in their place. We kept contact and they gave me a heck of a deal on a month to month rent.

But, I am on the 30th floor of building A in the interior. The view is unreal and its absolutely quiet.

I have to admit I love it.

People I have met are complaining about the exterior noise. Especially the 2 bedroom owners who face LK Metro Gogo's. It is pretty bad I could only imagine.

You actually may make out OK for one big reason is that many Chinese have purchased in here. They seem to drive up prices. Most of them have gone back to China and are just sitting on the places or renting them short time. I assume hoping for a jump when they are all sold. .

Anyway, howdy neighbor!!, I am glad you like your place.

I believe the quota was 60/40 Thai's and also that the development was sold out in a few days. I agree there is some noise from the workers but as expected in a new building but other than that I honestly dont hear much if any noise from the bars. Possibly on the higher floors. I you say that a lot of Chinese have bought there then I hope they dont move in or yes there will be plenty noise. Enjoy.

Archived