Phra Dhammajayo is too sick for travelling: Doctor

webfact

Phra Dhammajayo is too sick for travelling: Doctor

image-10-wpcf_728x409.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Phra Dhammajayo’s doctor has insisted that the abbot of Wat Dhammakaya is too sick to travel to the Department of Special Investigation to acknowledge the criminal charges against him.

Dr Thanakhom Premprapha who is specialized in vascular and endovascular surgery said that Phra Dhammajayo has developed deep vein thrombosis on the left leg making him impossible to travel.

The embattled abbot was summoned for the third time to report himself to the Department of Special Investigation on Monday to acknowledge the money laundering and receiving stolen property charges in connection with dozens of cheques worth several hundred million baht given to the temple and him by the former management of Klongchan Credit Union Cooperatives.

Wat Dhammakaya’s director for communication relations, Phra Sanitwongse Wutthiwangso, said he had notified the DSI about the request for the DSI to send officials to the temple instead of the temple abbot to travel to the DSI.
Pol Col Paisit Wongmuang, the DSI chief, said he would meet with officials concerned to consider the abbot’s request today.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/163374

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-16

Send an ambulance and get it over with. This charade has taken long enough now. Many Thais I know are starting to become irritated by what sometimes seems to be a barrage of monks misbehaving and going against just about everything Buddhism is supposed to stand for.

So does this so called illness totally incapacitate a person? How about a bedside hearing and if found guilty lock him up in a prison hospital. I remember the 95 year old farang who couldn't walk was afforded a wheelchair and medical staff to get him into court. Monks are more revered than an old farang paedophile so why not help him out in the same way?

This man is like a semi-god, with millions of flowers, worshippers and devotees and billions in the bank,

can call the shots as to what he want or doesn't want to do, he can get a gaggle of doctors to

swear on a stacks of Buddhas that he's actually dead, DVT is not a problem if you don't fly,

a wheel chair will probably do the trick, but he knows that he will have to answer so many

questions he doesn't have answers too.....

Edited by ezzra

Sickening isn't it ?

Certain people can openly ignore the system in a very obvious manner and nothing gets done, well other than bending over backwards to accommodate them. Doesn't say much for those supposedly running the country in an open, fair and transparent manner.

This so-called sickness disease seem to only effect the rich...I wonder why?

Thank Jesus, I am not rich...

It must be an awful disease to have.

Whenever one is called-in by the authorities in relation to a criminal matter...it seems to be very CONTAGIOUS..

Send an ambulance and get it over with. This charade has taken long enough now. Many Thais I know are starting to become irritated by what sometimes seems to be a barrage of monks misbehaving and going against just about everything Buddhism is supposed to stand for.

Exactly, but then what else is new ?

Since when does any religion/clergy truly represent, respect, and stand for the message of the enlightened individuals whose heritage they claim to serve and spread ?

The fact is, any kind of organization is incompatible with a genuine spiritual quest, since the latter is, in essence, private, personal, unique, beyond words and no more catchable than the Emperor's Nightingale.

Not only do religious institutions fail to answer the existential questions we are all born with and from, but they deliberately hijack these questions, put them in boxes and turn the questioners into brainless parrots. What religions are really about is serving the interest of the clergies, their quest for power, wealth, fame and admiration. Dhammakaya and its guru/abbot are no different from other religious institutions around the world. The pharaonic wealth of the Vatican is just as obscene (more, actually) and if someone tells me "yes, but it is obtained legally", I will ask "how about morally ?".

Edited by Yann55

Surely if he buys one or more of those magic amulets he should be perfectly safe. He could have gone earlier of course.

Poor soul....the captain of the flying saucer has defied the DSI time and again....

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

And when you see his benign, bespectacled face, you are eerily reminded of your Geography (or Latin, or Maths) teacher back in third grade, and you can't help but imagine him starring in some epic sci-fi B-series called 'the Revenge of the Nerds'. Episode I : the Orange Side of the Force.

Edited by Yann55

He is a shame for the whole monkhood and Buddhism in Thailand and the Sangkha should defrock him immediately

it tells the whole world Thailand Buddhism is a racketeering vocation .

This so-called sickness disease seem to only effect the rich...I wonder why?

A bit like gout.

A bit painful, but doesn't stop you from getting off your backside and going somewhere.

If his last lottery ticket was a winner, I guarantee he would be mobile enough to collect his winnings.

I'm sure that any farang with deep vein thrombosis and currently overstaying their visa would be wheeled out to a police van and unceremoniously tossed into jail.

Anyway, if the mountain won't go to Mohammad, send Mohammad to the mountain, i.e., put the man under police custody where he sits and send an investigative team to start the investigative process.

Poor soul....the captain of the flying saucer has defied the DSI time and again....

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

And when you see his benign, bespectacled face, you are eerily reminded of your Geography (or Latin, or Maths) teacher back in third grade, and you can't help but imagine him starring in some epic sci-fi B-series called 'the Revenge of the Nerds'. Episode I : the Orange Side of the Force.

JFC, now it's not a matter of possible guilt by association and no real way of proving mens res, somebody's bringing up a suspiciously honest or nerdy appearance as prima facie evidence to add to the confusion.

I've been trying to understand the whole thing myself from the perspective of once having to face a public hearing as the victim and having to deal with "trained Canadian investigators" trying to cover up their incompetence by making me appear as the guilty party, so I can kind of relate to this man's illnesses and reservations possibly not being an admission of guilt. It does take a bit of criminal investigative experience to have a battle of wits even with unarmed opponents and takes a hell of a lot out of you, and as said, it doesn't look like he's got much experience.

I'm wondering if any of the other long in the tooth TV'ers might be able to go through this and add anything that might help make sense out of what otherwise appears to be utter nonsense

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Phra_Dhammakaya

Thank-you and I hope I'm not violating anything, or anyone. May the force be with us all

Exactly, but then what else is new ?

Since when does any religion/clergy truly represent, respect, and stand for the message of the enlightened individuals whose heritage they claim to serve and spread ?

The fact is, any kind of organization is incompatible with a genuine spiritual quest, since the latter is, in essence, private, personal, unique, beyond words and no more catchable than the Emperor's Nightingale.

Not only do religious institutions fail to answer the existential questions we are all born with and from, but they deliberately hijack these questions, put them in boxes and turn the questioners into brainless parrots. What religions are really about is serving the interest of the clergies, their quest for power, wealth, fame and admiration. Dhammakaya and its guru/abbot are no different from other religious institutions around the world. The pharaonic wealth of the Vatican is just as obscene (more, actually) and if someone tells me "yes, but it is obtained legally", I will ask "how about morally ?".

biggrin.png

Edited by connda

Dvt only prevents flying, do not the enlightened ones waiting to question him know this???

its called karma, when he takes advantage of Buddhism he will rot from the inside. i hope its painful. so he understand the pain his followers go through to max out their credit cards as instructed to do so.

belief in Karma is as crazy as believing in any religion,.

He is a shame for the whole monkhood and Buddhism in Thailand and the Sangkha should defrock him immediately

it tells the whole world Thailand Buddhism is a racketeering vocation.

And such an overreaching generalization would lead you to claim that John Oliver told the entire world how American Christianity is a racketeering vocation.

Disclaimer: I admit that there are some segments within the Thai Sangha and within the Christian Ministries that are primarily racketeers.